• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

McKinsey here. Taking any and all questions

Maybe you can help us from the inside. We all have families. I was laid off only to get rehired months later because they brought back the jobs. bI basically missed months of pay for no reason. Please at least try to help from the inside, this is such a mess. I know you can't respond to this, but at least think about it. I know you care because you are on here. At least there is one of you.
BMS LT or McKinsey do not care about us one bit or even see us as human. We are just numbers on a spreadsheet to them. They are making massive mistakes cutting and having to rehire. Overspending on acquisitions that will never return a profit to justify their cost. Look out for yourself and keep applying to other jobs because this “McKinsey” person is just here to sooth their own moral conflicts.

BMS LT or McKinsey do not care about us one bit or even see us as human. We are just numbers on a spreadsheet to them. They are making massive mistakes cutting and having to rehire. Overspending on acquisitions that will never return a profit to justify their cost. Look out for yourself and keep applying to other jobs because this “McKinsey” person is just here to sooth their own moral conflicts.
sad but true

A lot of half-truths from this Mckinsey guy. While true that our ELT is filled with dim-witted scumbags who use consultants as a smokescreen for their own "tough" decisions, you have to hold Mckinsey responsible for aiding and abetting this joke.

Dear McKinsey,

Please stop peddling recycled buzzwords and power points as sophisticated change management solutions. Can't you produce more out of your MBAs than being "agile" and labeling business "ecosystems"?

Consultants are so tired.

Dear McKinsey,

Please stop peddling recycled buzzwords and power points as sophisticated change management solutions. Can't you produce more out of your MBAs than being "agile" and labeling business "ecosystems"?

Consultants are so tired.
If only we could stop idiots from using “buzzwords” like buzzwords.

Former consultants

No questions for you McKinsey. Your whole company needs to close down for creating unethical lists and backing the C suite. You are of no consequence or concern to the regular people of BMS.

BMS is hardly the only Fortune 500 company that uses us, but I would say based on my experiences with others that your company is uniquely disfunctional and has some serious issues which I won't go into. It wasn't our decision to do the mass layoffs.

- McKinsey
For real tho - this is anonymous and confidential here - tell us about the serious issues you claim you can't disclose here? Is it the fact that we overspent on companies/molecules that will never pan out,thus we will never reach the 2030 "sigh of relief" that the mountain slide showed us?

Tell us.

For real tho - this is anonymous and confidential here - tell us about the serious issues you claim you can't disclose here? Is it the fact that we overspent on companies/molecules that will never pan out,thus we will never reach the 2030 "sigh of relief" that the mountain slide showed us?

Tell us.
mountain slide is false hope that will never materialize. think about it. the C-suite has to go out to investors and employees and sell hope. what else can they do, go out and tell them candidly that we're f_cked? laying off thousands of employees is completely incongruous w/ the mountain slide btw, tacit acknowledgement that the growth will never come

mountain slide is false hope that will never materialize. think about it. the C-suite has to go out to investors and employees and sell hope. what else can they do, go out and tell them candidly that we're f_cked? laying off thousands of employees is completely incongruous w/ the mountain slide btw, tacit acknowledgement that the growth will never come
That mountain slide didn't fool anyone - esp when looking at the companies/molecules being bought. The best thing it communicated was for everyone to either update their resume or buckle-up and get cozy for a shitty ride. Mostly it communicated that we're all effed and will never achieve what they think will be achieved.

Can you recommend outsourcing the access function to McKenzie or at the least just club them under the individual brands. The current model is broken. Please recommend the AE’s to sit under sales. This way they do some work and have accountability.

Can I just state the obvious - no one from McKinsey is posting on Cafe-harm-a. This thread was started by a frustrated and angry BMS employee.

Can I just state the obvious - no one from McKinsey is posting on Cafe-harm-a. This thread was started by a frustrated and angry BMS employee.

i could see it being real. a remorseful low-level employee that is unhappy with the consequences of their work.

unfortunately i know a guy who commit suicide after being laid off from here. dedicated his life to this place and was thrown out like a bag of trash. when you see that kind of stuff happening, only a psycopath can be satisfied with the mess they created here

Yes. And it’s being read by EVERY C-suite exec at BMS & HR. This is the best forum to get your POV across. Use it wisely instead of stupid childish humor.