• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Manager Base Salary

<

don't come here. We all despise the working environment here. Managers are toxic. The pay is lower than most "biotech", and we micromanage here. You lose a formulary and you get no bonus.

It's not a good environment at Amgen and they have a big Pharma mentality. The cars are nice if you can get one and that's it.

Be careful coming here. Our IC group doesn't care at all about data capture. If it reports at the minimum and you are in one of those territories, you will be ok, but if you are in a territory that gets most of its business through hospitals, S5s, or non-traditional then you are totally screwed. I am in Florida and we do not get Publix and no one cares.

Be careful coming here. Our IC group doesn't care at all about data capture. If it reports at the minimum and you are in one of those territories, you will be ok, but if you are in a territory that gets most of its business through hospitals, S5s, or non-traditional then you are totally screwed. I am in Florida and we do not get Publix and no one cares.

try being in high CVS states. We are making nothing. States with no CVS and no reps in territories are making over target!

I’m a rep making more than this so managers have to be higher. I’ve never been a DM but depending on the BU, I would guess managers make over 200k base with experience.
Depends on the BU. ONC managers Im sure make over $200K but not in other BU's. They get a lot more stock than reps no matter what BU though.

I’m a rep making more than this so managers have to be higher. I’ve never been a DM but depending on the BU, I would guess managers make over 200k base with experience.

Most sales managers are around 195k and 50k bonus but get quite a bit of PU's and RSU's.

If you come here, lock in your comp in writing. Amgen is notorious for false promises including salaries, titles, and job duties. They will tell you what you want to hear in order to fill roles. After that, you are fu$@!d, you won't get salary increases or promotions.

If you are a manager, forget about becoming a director. They recycle these inept people or you have to marry another Amgen person. As others have said before, most leave Amgen for bigger pay and titles, this place is stagnant.