• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

List all the things you need to do before December 20th

If we are given notice on December 20th, what date will be our actual severance date considering the WARN ACT? Are we still employees until 60 days after 12/20?

Yes, WARN period is for 60 days after notice of termination date. Some of these questions are easily answered from "google". Every little thing does not need to be asked. If you have not been paying attention to specifics throught the last 3 or 4 layoffs, then why bother now. It was not impt. back then. Many of these questions can easily be answered through yourself with your own ability to look up the answers------they are out there and you don't have to rely on someone else posting on cafepharma.

Buy as many gift cards for your self on amex as possible and I mean at least a $1,000 worth the CEO steals the company blind so do not give it a second thought. Good luck to all. I got layed off from another pharma company 4 years ago still only making 36,000 a year but hey I have a job. Also spend a lot of time with your family this holiday season. Good luck.

Yes, WARN period is for 60 days after notice of termination date. Some of these questions are easily answered from "google". Every little thing does not need to be asked. If you have not been paying attention to specifics throught the last 3 or 4 layoffs, then why bother now. It was not impt. back then. Many of these questions can easily be answered through yourself with your own ability to look up the answers------they are out there and you don't have to rely on someone else posting on cafepharma.

Sorry. I joined Pfizer in September 2011

This is a message board. Go play in traffic blindfolded or help yourself down a flight of stairs, you rude ass

Read about the layoffs today. Been down this path with another company. Gosh it sucks especially this time of year. Please believe that something else will come along. I thought I was doomed when it happened to me. I just wanted to say that I really feel bad for all that this is happening to.

If we are given notice on December 20th, what date will be our actual severance date considering the WARN ACT? Are we still employees until 60 days after 12/20?
NO ... your last day will be Jan 30th. The Company under the WARN Act must notify you of upcomming plant closures or layoffs 60 days before it happens. You were notified on Nov 30th that we are having a layoff. We will find out who stays and who goes on Dec 20th. The last day of official employment will start Jan 30th.

Read about the layoffs today. Been down this path with another company. Gosh it sucks especially this time of year. Please believe that something else will come along. I thought I was doomed when it happened to me. I just wanted to say that I really feel bad for all that this is happening to.

Thank you. It is refreshing to have a decent human being comment on here. Seems rare these days

Your appointments with difficult to see customers have value with other hiring pharma managers as well as recommendations from them if you have a good relationship.

Book those appointments now if you haven't already. If you don't get a job and can't do them, Pfizer gets blamed.

You could go psycho on someone. I don't see how that helps you though.

You could be a decent person and take it with dignity and grace.

Your managers will act like they don't know you once you get laid off. Prepare psychologically for this now. They were never your buddies. They never cared for you. Relationships in this job are very transactional. Once you are of no use, they no longer know you. Your friendships may go down the same drain too.

go buy all the office supplie syo might need. Thus buy a toner cartiridge, paper a 201 planner etc.

I would you buy some gift cards to Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks etc, keep it under $25 as do not need a receipt.

1) You will be given the option to purchase your company vehicle if you get cut. So, if you think you might want to buy your vehicle then take it to the auto shop and get everything fixed, replaced or tuned up (tires, belts, fluids, etc).

2) Secondly, take care of any healthcare related needs now - if possible, get any procedures done before Dec. 20th.

3) Update your resume and cover letter - create two or three versions for the different types of jobs you'll be applying for.

4) Start networking TODAY! - don't wait until after you get cut, test the waters NOW and see what is out there.

5) Lastly, STOP WORKING. Don't lift a finger for Pfizer until you find out your fate. Pfizer has no right to ask you to keep pretending like it's business as usual - use these next two weeks to DO WHAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU - NOT WHAT'S RIGHT FOR PFIZER.

GREAT ADVICE!!!!