• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Let the cutting of the FAT Begin.

anonymous

Let the games begin with pods of three, then two and then one educator. Leaving your new pod larger than you ever had and will be able to manage a territory 3x the size you are used to.

Bye Bye

<

I guess you’re referring to another layoff. Novo is afflicted with the same disease that strikes numerous other big pharma companies. Expand in anticipation of the next blockbuster drug, then rif them when it doesn’t pan out. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Wegovy will not relaunch until January 2023. Speaker training and hold the dates is what gave it away. Small expansion for the launch part 4.

No layoffs this year. Re org will come the end of 2023 and take effect Q1 2024.

mark it down fellas!!
The obesity market is going to be worth $50bn in a few years. We have about 10% the sales force size as diabetes. Obesity will be fine. Speaker training for q1 makes sense even with a fall or winter relaunch. They’re not going to do branded Wegovy programs at the end of the year when nbrx typically sag. Just more typical cafepharma speculation.

The obesity market is going to be worth $50bn in a few years. We have about 10% the sales force size as diabetes. Obesity will be fine. Speaker training for q1 makes sense even with a fall or winter relaunch. They’re not going to do branded Wegovy programs at the end of the year when nbrx typically sag. Just more typical cafepharma speculation.

who said anything about an O specific layoff? Wegovy relaunches January 2023. It’s not a big secret.

You tell me how we went from "breaking down the silos" to "one team" and yet here we are with one molecule and we have OCS, OE, OML, ODBM, DCS, EDCS, DE, DML, DBM, CV rep, CVML, CVDBM. It doesn't matter when Wegovy relaunches, Novo makes the same mistakes over and over. Lay offs will come because we never learn.

looks like the speculation person was right

You need to make friends with actual analysts. They read reports and look at graphs and think they have it all figured out. They don't know docs, insurance companies, the process or how to make sense of trials.
Keep in mind, obesity isn't a standalone market. Many people have diabetes. So since Wegovy isn't covered, just use the cheaper list price Ozempic. Great for Ozempic growth but obesity segment will only grow marginally.
Actually listen to the talks. you'll see where the market is going.

NOVO is always Cutting the CHEESE or Trimming the FAT that is the MO of the past 9 years and it will keep going. Remember you only have ONE molecule Two different deliveries but THOUSANDS OF REPS AND EDUCATORS = THE FAT AND CHEESE MUST BE TRIMMED !!!!

You tell me how we went from "breaking down the silos" to "one team" and yet here we are with one molecule and we have OCS, OE, OML, ODBM, DCS, EDCS, DE, DML, DBM, CV rep, CVML, CVDBM. It doesn't matter when Wegovy relaunches, Novo makes the same mistakes over and over. Lay offs will come because we never learn.

This!!!

Profits need both low cost and high revenue. Sure we'll make a bit more money but all these people all banging on the doors of the same people show why the trim is coming soon

It really is amazing, and don't forget that many teams have 3 DCS reps per territory. Think about all of those Novo people going into the same office, crazy!! A busy PCP/IM office could have 9 different NNI people coming in right now. OCS, OE, OBM, DE/OE Manager ( is there a manager for each division or for all Educators?), DCSx3, DBM, DE, Educator Manager. Or maybe it's 10, depending on if there are separate Managers for the DEs and OEs, can't remember. And I'm not even counting the MLs since they don't have a regular appearance like the others.

If they supplied us with the right amount of samples and cut down on busy work and meetings, we could perform with 2 DCS reps per territory, 1 OCS, 1 Educator, 1 Manager for all. That is it. DCS and OCS absorb Endo targets.

Yeah - they LOVE it when patients drop $2k a month on their medicine! Just be honest, Wegovy is going to die a slow death.

no, when they max on one, they go to another. I have even heard of some using in combo. One Rx and one sample. Again, this isn’t diabetes and treating to sub par control with sglt-2 and januvia.

I guess the joke is on us after reading Vince's email. No cutting the fat...we are going to expand!! Can anyone explain this logic to me. Seriously - I don't understand!!

I guess the joke is on us after reading Vince's email. No cutting the fat...we are going to expand!! Can anyone explain this logic to me. Seriously - I don't understand!!

Well there is the rumor of cuts instead in 2023. Victoza goes generic in 2024 so we gotta be ready for prior auth of failed lira to get the O. Fatten is up now for a good trimmin later!