LEFT THIS SILLY JOB BEHIND (And I feel fine!!)

Anonymous

How did I spell relief?? Leaving Merck...

When you look around and see who Merck awarded the distinguished "S3 Crown" it becomes
very apparent that this place is a scam...This job is a joke and a scam...A ponzi scheme really...

When you get away from the madness and return to the normal world, you really realize
how dysfunctional Merck is in every way...

Even the golden S3s are going to find out someday what Merck is really all about...(They turn on you quicker than a junkyard dog when you get too old or expensive in their eyes.)

I have never felt happier than once I washed the Merck taint off of me...

The Managers over there make Octomom look sane by comparison...

<

How did I spell relief?? Leaving Merck...

When you look around and see who Merck awarded the distinguished "S3 Crown" it becomes
very apparent that this place is a scam...This job is a joke and a scam...A ponzi scheme really...

When you get away from the madness and return to the normal world, you really realize
how dysfunctional Merck is in every way...

Even the golden S3s are going to find out someday what Merck is really all about...(They turn on you quicker than a junkyard dog when you get too old or expensive in their eyes.)

I have never felt happier than once I washed the Merck taint off of me...

The Managers over there make Octomom look sane by comparison...

Thanks for sharing, now go take your Zanex and whatever SSRI you are on.

Your idiocy is well illustrated:

1. It's spelled "Xanax".

2. It's not an SSRI

3. You are a moron.

4. The original post is spot on. Merck is a sea of fools, waiting for the axe to fall.

Yep i spelled Xanax wrong because i dont have a prescription...But inquiring minds want to know, is your SSRI of choice Paxil CR???

Retired from mrk after 28 years and yes the transition was hard. I should have done it when the shit happened with Vioxx and Enhance. I do not miss anything about this company. My mistake i stayed on and become complacent and focusd on collecting the paycheck. Indeed life was miserable pretending to work with no ethics or purpose. To think wasted all this time and talent for a dishonest business model.

Retired from mrk after 28 years and yes the transition was hard. I should have done it when the shit happened with Vioxx and Enhance. I do not miss anything about this company. My mistake i stayed on and become complacent and focusd on collecting the paycheck. Indeed life was miserable pretending to work with no ethics or purpose. To think wasted all this time and talent for a dishonest business model.

could of... should of... would of.... don't beat yourself up. I did the same thing... 30 years. Just look forward and make your next move mean something.

Yup, me too. 20 years. The 401(k) has sucked for the last decade. The job sucked even more. If you're young, get out NOW. Your future depends on it, as no one is interested in the joke that pharma reps have become.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, my story is about the same, although I did not get to retire, and now I am in my 50s, unemployed, unemployable, and regretting all the years I wasted "collecting the paycheck" as you so well described it...

Everyone eventually finds out that pharma sales is a scam, Merck is corrupt, and it all turns out to be a colossal waste of one's time....

I'd rather be a "tenured" rep (i.e., age 50 plus) than a "millenial" (i.e., young person in their 20's). At least those of us who were fortunate enough to last 20 - 30 years in pharma do have a sizeable 401K, as well as a pension, awaiting them. All the "millenials" have is an America that is anything but full of "hope and change".

I'd rather be a "tenured" rep (i.e., age 50 plus) than a "millenial" (i.e., young person in their 20's). At least those of us who were fortunate enough to last 20 - 30 years in pharma do have a sizeable 401K, as well as a pension, awaiting them. All the "millenials" have is an America that is anything but full of "hope and change".

you are right...At least I have enough savings to not work for several years while I find my next thing in life...It won't have the cake hours of pharma, or the hefty salary, but anything has to be better than doing "busywork" and lying and fabricating for a living...(just to stay off of some stupid "Dashboard."

Anyone with 20-30 years in pharma.....is sittin pretty.....Problem is a lot of others have a less that 5 or less than 10.... the pennies or nothin crowd.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, my story is about the same, although I did not get to retire, and now I am in my 50s, unemployed, unemployable, and regretting all the years I wasted "collecting the paycheck" as you so well described it...

Everyone eventually finds out that pharma sales is a scam, Merck is corrupt, and it all turns out to be a colossal waste of one's time....

I am the same age and out of Merck. I did not "get" to retire either.

I am the same age and out of Merck. I did not "get" to retire either.

So funny but I am in my 50s like you. Some of my younger coworkers seem to have this crazy notion that people in their 50s must have money. They think everyone is better off than they are! Well I know plenty of 50s like me who do not have a big 401K or big savings
or property all paid and secured away. What I do have is a big grad school debts, mortgage payments, personal unforeseen losses and live in a high taxed state on top of it all. Retirement is no where on my radar for at least 15 years or more....yes, that is true even
if social security is still around and gaves a max at 66 ot 70.

So to all youth in their 20, 30, 40s who think that anyone in their 50 is on easystreet....clean the sleep from your eyes.....smell that coffee..... Most of you would not want to switch places with many of us. You have the time to make money and are young enough not to have road blocks or age discrimination in finding a new job once a layofff is announced.

So funny but I am in my 50s like you. Some of my younger coworkers seem to have this crazy notion that people in their 50s must have money. They think everyone is better off than they are! Well I know plenty of 50s like me who do not have a big 401K or big savings
or property all paid and secured away. What I do have is a big grad school debts, mortgage payments, personal unforeseen losses and live in a high taxed state on top of it all. Retirement is no where on my radar for at least 15 years or more....yes, that is true even
if social security is still around and gaves a max at 66 ot 70.

So to all youth in their 20, 30, 40s who think that anyone in their 50 is on easystreet....clean the sleep from your eyes.....smell that coffee..... Most of you would not want to switch places with many of us. You have the time to make money and are young enough not to have road blocks or age discrimination in finding a new job once a layofff is announced.

Two fat salaries, big house, extra cars, still not satisified. Crying poverty to those with less than a fraction of what they have. Spare me...I know a few of these sorry types already.

In a way it's sad to read posts from current Merck reps who are still convinced that the pros outweigh the cons with this "job". I could give my laundry list of the cons, but I'll just say - you don't know until you know. Life outside of pharma, specifically Merck, is fantastic! When you're at Merck for a while, you forget what it's like to work in a positive environment where managers and peers do what they can to make things better.

Until this veil is lifted, you'll continue to live in this delusional world where "pharma is still the best gig in town" and "the pros outweigh the cons".

In a way it's sad to read posts from current Merck reps who are still convinced that the pros outweigh the cons with this "job". I could give my laundry list of the cons, but I'll just say - you don't know until you know. Life outside of pharma, specifically Merck, is fantastic! When you're at Merck for a while, you forget what it's like to work in a positive environment where managers and peers do what they can to make things better.

Until this veil is lifted, you'll continue to live in this delusional world where "pharma is still the best gig in town" and "the pros outweigh the cons".

You are so right. It's like some pharma people get this delusional disease that nothing can top pharma. This is so not true if you have marketable skills, are ambitious, and have developed a decent network of people that can be a tremendous source of support and help in changing jobs and careers. This pharma sales gig is so over and the sooner one can accept it and move on with their life, the so much better off they will be. Didn't say it would be easy but it is well worth the effort to surprise yourself with a real job.