Is there anything left to take away from retirees?

We could care less as a lot of people will be gone. Many people do not care about a pension as it has been fast disappearing from corporate America for awhile now. No, will stay $ until the end and get severance and unemployment. Have a few other things going on so no skin off of my back like many. I am lucky.

Hey Genius - You will not be eligible for unemployment if you get a severance. You need to do some research before you run your mouth! Good luck!!!

yes - do your research - it probably depends on your state - I was "let go" by Mother Merck in a recent down sizing and did indeed collect both unemployment AND my severance - I am in Mass.

Merck is a really good company. I too was a complainer until I left and saw what was out there. Half of the perks that are going away never even existed at other companies. Keep it all in perspective people. It is hard when you are used to those wonderful benefits...you begin to think everyone has them. They don't. Trust me. Be thankful for what you do have and what your time at Merck has provided for you and your family. You don't have to look very far to find those who have it much worse than you...and there will ALWAYS be someone who has it better than you.