Joke of an Interview

I interviewed a month ago in Georgia. I was so prepared, an incredibly workable business plan, product knowledge and was a diabetes educator at another company and I found out some little twit that was besties with the managers boss got the role.
I'll take my loss if it was fair. When I found out about this from someone that worked there I almost lost my shit. I was going to lambast the DM via email but why bother?
Move on and don’t look back. You don’t want to be here anyway. It was a blessing in disguise. Apologies if you are currently unemployed but you will find some better.

Yeah, I remember the complaints about “Da Jersey Boys.” Apparently hiring people from New Jersey for positions in NY and NJ ruffled some feathers for some folks. Who knew?

But again, I would argue that there wasn’t a single manager who made a hire, even with Da Jersey Boys, where the manager thought the person they were hiring was inferior to other candidates. There are cases where you know someone that you hire, but you knowing them is part of what drives your confidence in believing that person to be the best hire. I’m sorry that your hour long interview doesn’t trump 5 years of a positive personal & professional relationship with someone else, but it just doesn’t. You’re not better just because you think you are.
Stop trying to revise history with your first comment. If you knew who that poster was probably referring to (and I'm pretty sure that many of us do), you wouldn't be trying to use those guys to make your point.

Stop trying to revise history with your first comment. If you knew who that poster was probably referring to (and I'm pretty sure that many of us do), you wouldn't be trying to use those guys to make your point.

If you want to point out an instance in which the hiring manager brought someone on board that they knew was an inferior candidate, please share it. You seem to “probably” know a lot about this.

I interviewed a month ago in Georgia. I was so prepared, an incredibly workable business plan, product knowledge and was a diabetes educator at another company and I found out some little twit that was besties with the managers boss got the role.
I'll take my loss if it was fair. When I found out about this from someone that worked there I almost lost my shit. I was going to lambast the DM via email but why bother?

Who was the hiring manager? IF?

I’m so sick of hearing about how middle-aged white guys can’t get hired. I’m surrounded by them and have been for years. Cry me a river!

Well, I’m pretty sure the DE&I initiatives aren’t geared towards hiring more middle aged white guys (I’d argue that there are way more females here than males). Regardless, you’ll have a lot more POC in roles soon enough. I’m not really sure what skin color has to do with sales, but someone seems to think it’s super important. I guess we’ll see.

So sick and tired of these scam interviews. You know they already have their candidate picked but they need 4 other bodies to make believe like it's real. Novo Nordisk where Nepotism reigns supreme

Recruiter here for NN. You are right. We still send candidates for interview when one has already been decided upon. Every company does this for several reasons. It’s not right, but what is these days.

Well, I’m pretty sure the DE&I initiatives aren’t geared towards hiring more middle aged white guys (I’d argue that there are way more females here than males). Regardless, you’ll have a lot more POC in roles soon enough. I’m not really sure what skin color has to do with sales, but someone seems to think it’s super important. I guess we’ll see.
I said the same thing when I came here from another NJ-based company. It was obvious that skin color definitely mattered here, because everyone looked like me. I saw very few Hispanics and blacks, and made the mistake of mentioning it once at a POA. Yikes!

I said the same thing when I came here from another NJ-based company. It was obvious that skin color definitely mattered here, because everyone looked like me. I saw very few Hispanics and blacks, and made the mistake of mentioning it once at a POA. Yikes!

if it makes you feel any better. I am white and got rejected there also. if anything being diverse will help you nowadays. everyone is on the "woke" train.

#fakenews You can just state your agenda without making up a false story. Just say what you want to say, man. Get it off your chest.

Sorry I'm only hiring minorities and LBGTQ in my district. It makes me look like I believe in diversity and inclusion.
Fuck no I'm not hiring a white guy. EVER

I interviewed for a sales rep position in Arizona and everyone was white … confused by the comments because I’m a no white female and felt they didn’t like me from the very beginning… awkward interview but can’t prove I was not the desired candidate from the getgo oh well

I interviewed for a sales rep position in Arizona and everyone was white … confused by the comments because I’m a no white female and felt they didn’t like me from the very beginning… awkward interview but can’t prove I was not the desired candidate from the getgo oh well
It's always been that way here. At least in my 12 year experience. I see all this crying about diversity this-and-that and I wonder if the posts are written by Russian bots that weren't programmed to actually do any research on our make-up. Mediocrity reigned supreme here when I got here, and it certainly does now. The biggest difference I see is that maybe it's not as much of a good ole boys club in NJ and at the regional level.

It's always been that way here. At least in my 12 year experience. I see all this crying about diversity this-and-that and I wonder if the posts are written by Russian bots that weren't programmed to actually do any research on our make-up. Mediocrity reigned supreme here when I got here, and it certainly does now. The biggest difference I see is that maybe it's not as much of a good ole boys club in NJ and at the regional level.

The stock is performing phenomenally well. Maybe you call that mediocrity, but I don’t think most people do.