• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Job titles at Gilead

anonymous

Hi, I'm considering applying to some open job roles at Gilead in the corporate functions (Value and Access, Commercial, Corp Strategy). I noticed that a number of folks in my LinkedIn circle of connections have job titles in these functions are levelled 1-2 levels higher than their peers with the same duration of experience at other biotech / biopharma companies. For example, a job posting for an AD role requires a PhD with only 2 years of experience. At my company there is NO way someone can come in at the AD level with only 2 years of experience post-PhD. What's the business justification for years of experience for Assoc Dir, Director, Sr Director, etc.? At my company I've seen Exec Directors with 20+ years of experience but at Gilead I've seen VPs with 10 years of experience.

I know some companies are pretty stingy with job titles. But I don't know what Gilead's philosophy is.
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gilead is a lot like Twitter used to be. A handful of people are making decisions that impact all of us, and a huge majority of us disagree with these decisions (ie- Forced Covid boosters when it was known they didn’t work, woke daily emails none of us read, etc.). I would suggest you get a role making these massive decisions and forcing them down our throats. Good luck.

Gilead is a lot like Twitter used to be. A handful of people are making decisions that impact all of us, and a huge majority of us disagree with these decisions (ie- Forced Covid boosters when it was known they didn’t work, woke daily emails none of us read, etc.). I would suggest you get a role making these massive decisions and forcing them down our throats. Good luck.

Not all of us had a problem with COVID vaccine and boosters. Don't speak for me, asshole.

While Gilead was focusing on made up victimization and Worthless diversity, a small biotech just had a successful NASH readout. Imagine if, as the leader in Liver disease, we focused on that instead?

While Gilead was focusing on made up victimization and Worthless diversity, a small biotech just had a successful NASH readout. Imagine if, as the leader in Liver disease, we focused on that instead?
Ok, Snowflake. We believe you: there is a direct correlation between our mostly smoke-and-mirrors diversity program, and clinical trials and R&D. Can you now just log in your obligatory followup posts about the many evils of "woke-ness", and just focus on your job?

Hi, I'm considering applying to some open job roles at Gilead in the corporate functions (Value and Access, Commercial, Corp Strategy). I noticed that a number of folks in my LinkedIn circle of connections have job titles in these functions are levelled 1-2 levels higher than their peers with the same duration of experience at other biotech / biopharma companies. For example, a job posting for an AD role requires a PhD with only 2 years of experience. At my company there is NO way someone can come in at the AD level with only 2 years of experience post-PhD. What's the business justification for years of experience for Assoc Dir, Director, Sr Director, etc.? At my company I've seen Exec Directors with 20+ years of experience but at Gilead I've seen VPs with 10 years of experience.

I know some companies are pretty stingy with job titles. But I don't know what Gilead's philosophy is.
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Experience and skill doesn't seem to matter much to people at Gilead. All that seems to matter is how long you've been here. You can be a mediocre rep or RD at best (with little skill in whatever space you sell) and still be given a promotion as long as you've been here for years. SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, SALES and HARD WORK in whatever space you currently reside should earn you a right to a higher title or promotion, not just average work and number of years at Gilead.

Experience and skill doesn't seem to matter much to people at Gilead. All that seems to matter is how long you've been here. You can be a mediocre rep or RD at best (with little skill in whatever space you sell) and still be given a promotion as long as you've been here for years. SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, SALES and HARD WORK in whatever space you currently reside should earn you a right to a higher title or promotion, not just average work and number of years at Gilead.

Please explain what makes what you do “hard work?” What skills and knowledge do you possess that warrant you a promotion?

Please explain what makes what you do “hard work?” What skills and knowledge do you possess that warrant you a promotion?
If you have to ask that then you apparently subscribe to the belief (above anything else) that as long as you've worked at Gilead for a number of years you're entitled to a promotion.

If you have to ask that then you apparently subscribe to the belief (above anything else) that as long as you've worked at Gilead for a number of years you're entitled to a promotion.

Let’s try this again but this time follow directions by answering the question and not giving your opinion. I asked a question based upon an opinion. What have you done worthy of promotion?

Well guess what, sugarfoot? You have one simple solution: you can LEAVE.

A 'huge majority' did NOT disagree with the Covid decisions. And hardly anyone under 50 knows what "woke" means. You are clearly a part of a group of conspiracy obsessed losers who have ZERO life and even less morality.