• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Interviewing...Questions on culture and longevity?

anonymous

Hey! I see a lot of negativity looking through the posts, but nothing has been posted semi recently. I'm currently interviewing on the East Coast, and looking for honest feedback on if this is a viable opportunity.

Go look at Intracellular and BMS. This should be a desperate situation where you may be homeless tomorrow. The culture is the worst place in the world. Run as fast as you can

Hey! I see a lot of negativity looking through the posts, but nothing has been posted semi recently. I'm currently interviewing on the East Coast, and looking for honest feedback on if this is a viable opportunity.
Honest feedback: multiple, MULTIPLE, “quiet” layoffs and the company has only had reps for a couple of years. There is no longevity here.

They’ve also ghost posted and interviewed for “expansion” jobs multiple times without actually hiring an expansion team. Just a few token hires. This is usually coincidental with a need to bump PR in hopes of a stock increase, but that hasn’t paid off.

The stock is barely worth more than prior to the Auvelity launch. Dud shell company. Not built for viability for someone trying to feed their family.

Honest feedback: multiple, MULTIPLE, “quiet” layoffs and the company has only had reps for a couple of years. There is no longevity here.

They’ve also ghost posted and interviewed for “expansion” jobs multiple times without actually hiring an expansion team. Just a few token hires. This is usually coincidental with a need to bump PR in hopes of a stock increase, but that hasn’t paid off.

The stock is barely worth more than prior to the Auvelity launch. Dud shell company. Not built for viability for someone trying to feed their family.
Axsome company slogan: "Over promise and under deliver"

CONS: horrible leadership with zero transparency, leadership has zero respect for salesforce (HT showed his face 1.5 years after launch and didn't even recognize the top salesforce winners at NSM), new sales VP of sales gives off hard used car salesman vibes, constant fire drills week to week, 60-70% of salesforce do not hit bonus, was told as a company equity would be given every year only top 30% received it (was never publicly addressed reps had to find out themselves), RBD's let go if they question process or fight for their reps, highly metrics driven (call average, samples per week, # of lunches etc.) Equity not worth much 1.5 years since launch.

PROS: Its a paycheck.

Majority of salesforce and management are staying only for the hope of a buyout.

Company integrity is in question right now. Take a look at the finance boards. Investors are questioning continual missed deadlines, as well as “other things.”

Anyone holding out for a buyout, I think you are holding on to empty hope.

Bradys favorite interview questions for women are:
How old are you?
Do you have any kids?
Do you plan to have children?
And the most important question is how tall are you? Note he will not hire anyone taller than himself. He's a midget so that excludes a lot of people.

Everyone wants a buyout. Auvelity is sucking wind. Please launch the migraine drug already. The stock is falling. The SE is micromanaged !
Sorry to tell you, friend. That migraine combo will be a dud. MAbs, anti-cgrp, biologic technology changed the migraine market 5 years ago. Doctors only use meloxicam or any triptans as step through therapy when necessary because they have a SHIT TON of horrible side effects and low efficacy compared to the new drugs. Payers will not cover this in any meaningful way and doctors will look at you like you’re an idiot for trying to sell them this super old legacy drug combo at a premium. Neuros and primary care who treat neuro disorders are a different breed from psych. They will roll their eyes and ban you from their offices for wasting their time.

At best, AXS-07 is there just to make it look like there’s a pipeline. Do NOT bank on this reconstituted combo to be any sort of blockbuster.

Sorry to tell you, friend. That migraine combo will be a dud. MAbs, anti-cgrp, biologic technology changed the migraine market 5 years ago. Doctors only use meloxicam or any triptans as step through therapy when necessary because they have a SHIT TON of horrible side effects and low efficacy compared to the new drugs. Payers will not cover this in any meaningful way and doctors will look at you like you’re an idiot for trying to sell them this super old legacy drug combo at a premium. Neuros and primary care who treat neuro disorders are a different breed from psych. They will roll their eyes and ban you from their offices for wasting their time.

At best, AXS-07 is there just to make it look like there’s a pipeline. Do NOT bank on this reconstituted combo to be any sort of blockbuster.
Brady thinks it will be a blockbuster!

Bradys favorite interview questions for women are:
How old are you?
Do you have any kids?
Do you plan to have children?
And the most important question is how tall are you? Note he will not hire anyone taller than himself. He's a midget so that excludes a lot of people.
Why does Brady not ask women about the state of their yams?

My opinion will not be popular bc only negativity lives on cafepharma. I like it here. Yes there are growing pains, yes it's not perfect. Everyone has a different experience. I think it all depends on your manager and how they help you vs. manage you. There seems to be alot of pressure coming from up top, alot of hyper focus on things that they believe move business. This is hardly different than anywhere else. Truth: majority is not hitting their full bonus...only about 25 really killing it bonus-wise. So there are some hard to hit targets. Alot of people are close though. Sales ops is fine tuning this stuff and it does take time to build a system that works well and fairly for everyone especially in a small biotech company that just started building their processes with the launch of Auvelity. Truth: yes, many want a buyout, for various reasons. Some want a bigger company to absorb and provide better infrastructure and access. Some want the equity to cash in on a buyout.
As stated earlier, I like it here, but everyone here will have a different/unique perspective. You'll be hard pressed to find good feedback on this forum though. Good luck on wherever your journey takes you.

My opinion will not be popular bc only negativity lives on cafepharma. I like it here. Yes there are growing pains, yes it's not perfect. Everyone has a different experience. I think it all depends on your manager and how they help you vs. manage you. There seems to be alot of pressure coming from up top, alot of hyper focus on things that they believe move business. This is hardly different than anywhere else. Truth: majority is not hitting their full bonus...only about 25 really killing it bonus-wise. So there are some hard to hit targets. Alot of people are close though. Sales ops is fine tuning this stuff and it does take time to build a system that works well and fairly for everyone especially in a small biotech company that just started building their processes with the launch of Auvelity. Truth: yes, many want a buyout, for various reasons. Some want a bigger company to absorb and provide better infrastructure and access. Some want the equity to cash in on a buyout.
As stated earlier, I like it here, but everyone here will have a different/unique perspective. You'll be hard pressed to find good feedback on this forum though. Good luck on wherever your journey takes you.
Well said.

You are a liar with fringe views which are unacceptable. Do not believe this liar as he tells you more lies. Your use of "alot" three times in a single post is evidence enough of your lying.

Please explain the company car situation/options. And please don't judge my considering to accept this offer. The salary offered is much higher than current, and even a year of that will help me tremendously. Then I can look to jump ship.