• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Humira goes off patent next year

Can't speak for how things will break down, but I bought stock before this deal. Ibrutinib will be a multi billion dollar drug and have the legs of a Humira or Remicade. You just snatched the golden goose from a foolish bloated J&J. Very shrewd move!

Was a good move although J&J will share 50% of the revenue and only 40% of the marketing costs. As per their agreement. My concern is that market begins to get crowded in 2017.

By the time this deal closes, the new sales dynamic will be kicking in. These are experienced Onc rep jobs. There are some with the new company and plenty from external. Don't think pizza and bagel time with these docs. Limited and very succinct access. Its one drug with currently only a handful of indications, all of which are Onc. Not derm, GI, Rheum, etc. Their future products are a ways off and also will be same Oncologists. Some solid tumor and hemo.
This acquisition will require little, if any, internal AbbVie reps. Metabolics and Humira both stand to gain almost no salvation.
Look in your territory at the total number of onc's, not relatively big and centralized in handful of combined practices. Nagging and food are out.

Nonsense! You just don't know how to nag properly. There is a LERN module on it you should check it out. And who doesn't like bagels??

By the time this deal closes, the new sales dynamic will be kicking in. These are experienced Onc rep jobs. There are some with the new company and plenty from external. Don't think pizza and bagel time with these docs. Limited and very succinct access. Its one drug with currently only a handful of indications, all of which are Onc. Not derm, GI, Rheum, etc. Their future products are a ways off and also will be same Oncologists. Some solid tumor and hemo.
This acquisition will require little, if any, internal AbbVie reps. Metabolics and Humira both stand to gain almost no salvation.
Look in your territory at the total number of onc's, not relatively big and centralized in handful of combined practices. Nagging and food are out.

Dont forget J&J has a devoted Onc sales team already selling this drug as well. Seems logical AbbVie will want to keep as many of these reps who are currently selling the product on board. Too many cooks spoil the brew. Ricky even mentioned this in the QA period of announcement.

Home office insider here. I find it amusing to watch Humira and Metabolics reps fight it out on here. I've got news for both feuding factions. You are all going to get the ax soon. Recent pharmacyclics acquisition will not save any of you. Cheers!

Home office insider here. I find it amusing to watch Humira and Metabolics reps fight it out on here. I've got news for both feuding factions. You are all going to get the ax soon. Recent pharmacyclics acquisition will not save any of you. Cheers!

Home office outsider here. I find you a pathetic POS. Cheers!

The truth: we, in the home office, set you up for success through our closed-loop marketing and market access positioning.

We only need you to message what we tell you in each market.

We did everything else.

Sell the access story and STFU.

Abbvie already announced publicly that they will continue to partner with the J&J sales force to sell this. I'd be interviewing if I were a humira rep... This acquisition does not create a lifeline for you, although I am sure you are being told that to keep you from jumping ship too early. They want you to keep selling their main revenue generator until THEY are ready for you to go.

Abbvie already announced publicly that they will continue to partner with the J&J sales force to sell this. I'd be interviewing if I were a humira rep... This acquisition does not create a lifeline for you, although I am sure you are being told that to keep you from jumping ship too early. They want you to keep selling their main revenue generator until THEY are ready for you to go.

Need proof? Go check out the number of insiders that have exercised and SOLD their options and grants....