• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

How long did it take you to see the foolishness of pharmaceutical sales?

Anonymous

Six months for me.
Ah moment was when my manager suggested snacks to get into the hard to see offices...

lots of pain as I move into my 30s....

any helpful suggestions from you vets to get me through this would be appreciated.

<

Six months for me.
Ah moment was when my manager suggested snacks to get into the hard to see offices...

any helpful suggestions from you vets to get me through this would be appreciated.

Like most people, I thought it was foolish when I got kicked out of the industry and had to take a job at a burger joint.

You might want to lay off the mind altering drugs.

That person must have worked at Mcdonalds for years in high school and college and now that they are selling useless, side effect killing pharma. drugs and enjoy their corporate abuse in their sales errrrrr marketing job, they will do and say everything to defend this mind numbing industry...

you should have stayed flipping burgers, Burger Boy...

you and Parrot Boy!

That person must have worked at Mcdonalds for years in high school and college and now that they are selling useless, side effect killing pharma. drugs and enjoy their corporate abuse in their sales errrrrr marketing job, they will do and say everything to defend this mind numbing industry...

you and Parrot Boy!

It wasn't too hard to figure out that it was mental boy that created this thread and is now replying back.

you and Parrot Boy!

Hi there mental boy. Not surprised to see you on this thread as well. Those mental challenges are very hard to overcome and when it is combined with your bitterness from getting kicked out of pharma and having to deal with the resulting financial hardship, I can see how you just can't help yourself in responding as a way of coping with your situation.

Things can get better for you. Treatment is available, but only of you reach out for that help. Please try and do what you can to take that first step. There is a strong incentive to do so as we can then help you with your financial mess through strong financial education and guidance.

Good luck.......and you're welcome.

Hi there mental boy. Not surprised to see you on this thread as well. Those mental challenges are very hard to overcome and when it is combined with your bitterness from getting kicked out of pharma and having to deal with the resulting financial hardship, I can see how you just can't help yourself in responding as a way of coping with your situation.

Things can get better for you. Treatment is available, but only of you reach out for that help. Please try and do what you can to take that first step. There is a strong incentive to do so as we can then help you with your financial mess through strong financial education and guidance.

Good luck.......and you're welcome.

Who is mental boy?
Man you are a flaking idiot.

Six months for me.

Took me about 3 weeks.
that's when we started during intense role plays.
and the hot women in this . Industry I thought was odd.

I remember in 2003 I started with a contract company, Watson. We sat in a 2hr long seminar from lawyers on how we are nOT able to leverage business for scripts. I rolled my eyes at the whole notion of it all. The managers confirmed our suspicions and nicely reminded us we are PAID TO SELL and move product. Since compensation for a rep does NOT line up with this methodology, what's one to do but throw it out with the bathwater. This speech became a regular distraction at many companies I joined after. Once 2008/9 came the compliance forms began that we were forced to sign immediately, without time to digest or have counsel. Many were let go 'at will' for asking for the business based upon metrics and tracking information that reps are forced to submit to home office. That's when I really checked out of the nonsense which ended in '09 for me. I was caught-selling. My number was up, 41 ys old and time to go.

Regulatory really needs to look at home office and management and how reps are ranked. If expectations don't line up with corporate compliance, it needs to go. Sticking the rep with the blame is ridiculous when the expectations are set by corporate. I hope they do. I lost all respect for an industry that forces reps to sign documents NOT to sell, then terminates AT WILL for selling, as they shove trackers and metrics and rankings down a rep's throats. At the least, a person should be able to do their job without fear of recourse.

Not surprised to see the "sour grapes" responses from those that got kicked out of the pharma business.

Great, another Kool Aid boy who thinks this is a great industry...

What bubble do you people grow up on?

I had an interview today for medical equipment and the manger was laughing about how he always gets access while the pharma rep and mangers watch on in the waiting room...

Wake up Sonny, your industry and you are a joke. The faster you learn that the better off you will be in your career and more importantly, in life.

Great, another Kool Aid boy who thinks this is a great industry...

What bubble do you people grow up on?

I had an interview today for medical equipment and the manger was laughing about how he always gets access while the pharma rep and mangers watch on in the waiting room...

Wake up Sonny, your industry and you are a joke. The faster you learn that the better off you will be in your career and more importantly, in life.

Hi there mental boy. I am glad that you are out trying to get a better job than your current minimum wage gig. However, you probably should address the mental issues as quickly as possible or you are likely to be kicked out of that job just like you were from your pharma job.

I know the medical equipment guys like to tell their stories. Do you really think the doc is jumping up and own when some putz walks into his office trying to sell him another piece of equipment that is not much better than what he already has, yet costs thousands more?

We all know that you want back into pharma, but it is not likely to happen. The industry has downsized and the dead wood (like you) has been cut out. Hanging around the pharma board will just prolong your pain.

Hi there mental boy. I am glad that you are out trying to get a better job than your current minimum wage gig. However, you probably should address the mental issues as quickly as possible or you are likely to be kicked out of that job just like you were from your pharma job.

I know the medical equipment guys like to tell their stories. Do you really think the doc is jumping up and own when some putz walks into his office trying to sell him another piece of equipment that is not much better than what he already has, yet costs thousands more?

We all know that you want back into pharma, but it is not likely to happen. The industry has downsized and the dead wood (like you) has been cut out. Hanging around the pharma board will just prolong your pain.

Yes they do jump up and down because my shit makes THEM money. It's 2014 and you're still in pharma? What a complete loser you must be embarrassed to tell people what you do for a living. pussy

Yes they do jump up and down because my shit makes THEM money. It's 2014 and you're still in pharma? What a complete loser you must be embarrassed to tell people what you do for a living. pussy

Funny part too is when parrot/pharma.idiot thinks people are responding to their own posts, as if there is only one person that could possibly disagree with him...

Yes pharma. Is a strange world and parrot boy confirms that over and over again be insisting that those smarter than him have a mental illness...

Funny part too is when parrot/pharma.idiot thinks people are responding to their own posts, as if there is only one person that could possibly disagree with him...

Yes pharma. Is a strange world and parrot boy confirms that over and over again be insisting that those smarter than him have a mental illness...

When you use the same lines, it really isn't that hard to figure it out, mental boy. Most of us are not as stupid as you and can figure it out in about 2 seconds.