How is the pay at Merck?

<

Merck pays well- just make sure if you want to be promoted you have these criteria-
black is the new gold
def not jewish
not male or ok if you are transgendered
over 35

I interviewed for a specialty ctl job in new England recently. The divisional ( you call them a DCO I think) was so unaware of simple business concepts and so vindictive to people I just got up and walked out,

I interviewed for a specialty ctl job in new England recently. The divisional ( you call them a DCO I think) was so unaware of simple business concepts and so vindictive to people I just got up and walked out,

Care to share more? Internal politics is rarely shared with someone interviewing for a job. We may have crazy and dictatorial DCOs. But to say they have no idea of basic business concepts and implying you know it all? We are glad that you walked out.

Care to share more? Internal politics is rarely shared with someone interviewing for a job. We may have crazy and dictatorial DCOs. But to say they have no idea of basic business concepts and implying you know it all? We are glad that you walked out.

Internal stuff is frequently shared. One day when you interview for something above sales girl you will maybe see. I took a job with a small progressive company as a VPO. The money at merck was a joke as were the people. Only met them to see what they were offering, turned out I was very unimpressed. Good luck to you and keep being a good little cheerleader.

Internal stuff is frequently shared. One day when you interview for something above sales girl you will maybe see. I took a job with a small progressive company as a VPO. The money at merck was a joke as were the people. Only met them to see what they were offering, turned out I was very unimpressed. Good luck to you and keep being a good little cheerleader.

I concur, the op is thinking about interviews for reps job and has not ever interviewed for higher level jobs. Sometimes and team bios and issues the the person you are replacing are shared.

Nothing is worth working at the hell hole. I left a million dollar pension and a lot more and just walked out. At the end of the day character and integrity is all you have. So much better off...

Thank you. I am a retiree, not a cheerleader. Sitting down today after a cup of coffee and trying hard to re-balance my portfolio. Last year I got only a 6% yielld on my investment. Must do better this year to fund my trip to the Great Wall and X'ian.

My interpretation, putting on my cynics hat...

Why would you come onto this board to boast? Is that progressive company keeping you busy enough?

Anyone can be a VPO at a "small", "progressive" company. Many of us can be the national director of marketing of small and progressive companies. We are well trained in corporate doublespeak and ability to read between the lines and B.S. masters.

I was hoping Merck would hire me...it's way above me...I want to give it a try anyway...but I realize I can be a big shot at a smaller firm and so I walked out...etc.

Everyone in the sales force is overpaid - DCOs being the most overpaid. Sales reps are overpaid caterers, CTLs are overpaid babysitters (I get more motivation watching Matt Foley on SNL) and DCOs are overpaid P&L clerks. Most of them are short and unnatractive too - says something about the new culture here at Merck.

Nothing is worth working at the hell hole. I left a million dollar pension and a lot more and just walked out. At the end of the day character and integrity is all you have. So much better off...

well done...it truly is a hellhole...

I too walked away, (no package, no health insurance, no stock options...)

and you know what?? my life is still better than working there...

TOXIC with a capital T...

FU MERCK!

Everyone in the sales force is overpaid - DCOs being the most overpaid. Sales reps are overpaid caterers, CTLs are overpaid babysitters (I get more motivation watching Matt Foley on SNL) and DCOs are overpaid P&L clerks. Most of them are short and unnatractive too - says something about the new culture here at Merck.

I thin in general you will see a lot of ugly and short men and women excel in business to compensate for whatever. You can tell several of my former managers were either nerds, a**holes, zero dates on weekends type of people.