How Did Astellas Go So Quickly From Rising Star to Irrelevant in Pharma?

Why would anyone use Vesi or Myrb with a generic DLA available? We don't have any useful clinical data to support our message, but we're being asked to grow Trx and ms. This is just crazy?

Big pharma rejects hired at senior management levels poisoned the culture years ago. Place is full of "yes men" to the Japs and old Fuji burnouts now. Useless.

Exactly! That is because ct hired these idiots. Rejects are easy to control and will do whatever dishonest actions they need to do so that they don't loose their jobs again.

Whenever other pharma companies had lay-offs, there astellas HR was picking up the poo and hiring them into management.

Nobody decent stays. The RMs (80% of those I met anyway) are absolute robots. The para-military asshole in New England who spends more of his time chasing his GI Joe fantasies and playing favorites on his team while gossiping about the females he manages who he would "FCK" to other male reps is beyond a redneck simpleton.

You all know who this d*ckwad is. He is limited to monosyllabic speech and dresses straight out of the JC Penney Stafford Collection catalog. Routinely trashes his Napoleonic boss TH......don't even get me started on that midget.

Why do we have to put up with so much bs here. Our only competition in just about every category are generics and we're holding on to every Rx we can. If we only had some new and relevant drugs to sell, this place might not be in the toilet. I can't remember the last time we saw a presentation on our pipeline or any R&D for that matter. What's the deal??

Why do we have to put up with so much bs here. Our only competition in just about every category are generics and we're holding on to every Rx we can. If we only had some new and relevant drugs to sell, this place might not be in the toilet. I can't remember the last time we saw a presentation on our pipeline or any R&D for that matter. What's the deal??

A few years ago, I interviewed with you pukes and fell out of my chair when the manager was trying to convince me that Vesicare was a very clinical sell. I didn't get the offer, but I was never going to work for you idiots anyway.

This was once an up-and-coming company, but in the past few years we've completely lost our way. No new products, other than launching a few dogs, and other companies are making exciting deals for the future. With all the M & A activity going on, Astellas is never in the picture or even mentioned! We are on the outside looking in and no one at HQ seems to give a shit.
How did we get so far off-track? Sure we make money, but it is getting more difficult to sell products with 90%+ ms without going off-label and there is no hope for anything in our pipeline. Hope something changes soon or it's time to go!

Easy...second rate products, third rate management, second rate reps, and being in an industry that is going down the drain.

The company went to shit a few years ago. We can't even find co-promote partners anymore. No one will work with us since we screwed up Vibativ and SDP. Word on street is arrogant management following pharma practices from 90's. Pretty sure we're f'd until there is a shake up at top levels.

There is no science here or any real R & D to speak of, just stories and gimmicks to keep us fooled. Our only internally produced products in the last decade are Myrbetriq and Astagraf-XL...that's it! What a sham.

If the GC (Glee Club) really wants to fiz things around here, start with fixing upper management. The days of a 'good old boys' management team went out decades ago along with playing golf with MD's and paying for Rx's. The reason our culture is so f'd up is because of the bs that continues to exist at the top and rolls down to each retarded ASD and RSM. Let's start with a simple issue...create diversity in upper management!

Just look at the string of hires SS has brought in over the past couple of years. Strong credentials in the ineffective category, and a zero ability to build effective teams. Leading the pack of these morons has to be DB.