How Did Astellas Go So Quickly From Rising Star to Irrelevant in Pharma?

This place really sucks and nobody cares! Other companies are merging and acquiring each other, making deals and growing...while we continue to sell medicine for wetting your pants and set lofty goals for "$1 more". What a joke! Even our hospital products only compete with generic substitutes. We're all holding on tight to this sinking ship...reminds me of the band that played on the Titanic!!

This place really sucks and nobody cares! Other companies are merging and acquiring each other, making deals and growing...while we continue to sell medicine for wetting your pants and set lofty goals for "$1 more". What a joke! Even our hospital products only compete with generic substitutes. We're all holding on tight to this sinking ship...reminds me of the band that played on the Titanic!!

I disagree. Astellas is one of the better companies.

There may be a higher sense of security here because of the Japanese culture which provides everyone with a false safety net. Just look at the surprise layoffs over the past 3 years conducted at corporate. In the end, we are a US based company that will operate like most US companies do when their products go generic.

Great points! All I do in the field is avoid management to stay alive and live pay-day to pay-day. Most of my customers don't even see Reps, so I focus on the staff and do as many programs as my mgr requires. I'm in place to win Summit Club this year, but feel guilty accepting the recognition. It's a sad situation.

Never under estimate the clinic staff. These days, with scripts being computerized, the Medical Assistants have a lot of clout. Your focus on the staff shows that you find a way. Some reps just ignore them, grab the dr. for a call and move on.
Do not feel guilty about accepting this award. You are IN the clinics and believe me, the Dr. sees you. Many times he/she is just too damn busy to stop for a chat, but the MA can. Keep it up.

Just hang tight. Good things are around the corner that you are not aware or privy of.
All major pharma companies have generic competition. Do the extra steps that require prior authorization. Be grateful you have an income and great benefits. Get out there and do what your job description asks you for and no more or no less than that.

Just hang tight. Good things are around the corner that you are not aware or privy of.
All major pharma companies have generic competition. Do the extra steps that require prior authorization. Be grateful you have an income and great benefits. Get out there and do what your job description asks you for and no more or no less than that.

OK
person from corporate communications who monitors cafe pharma...

Please, let's hear those extra steps to get prior authorization on our products. I can hardly wait to try these. I wanna make sure I do what my job description asks for me to do each day in the field. Tell those patients they should not take generic Detrol LA and pay $5.00 for thirty days supply. Please, I want to know why our product will produce greater benefits for these patients. Please let us know how your are gonna convince the office staff and doctors how they will counsel the patients on why this $5.00 is not an option. We're dying of suspense for your answer.

Ironic how this place has become a cancerous culture after only a few years and senior management is one large useless tumor! Ignorance and arrogance rule the day and the bullshit just roles down hill. Other companies are moving forward with a business strategy while we try to pass along ridiculous price increases on old products to stay afloat. SDP, Vibativ, Astagraf-XL and next one up isa...what a f-joke this place has become!

This was once an up-and-coming company, but in the past few years we've completely lost our way. No new products, other than launching a few dogs, and other companies are making exciting deals for the future. With all the M & A activity going on, Astellas is never in the picture or even mentioned! We are on the outside looking in and no one at HQ seems to give a shit.
How did we get so far off-track? Sure we make money, but it is getting more difficult to sell products with 90%+ ms without going off-label and there is no hope for anything in our pipeline. Hope something changes soon or it's time to go!

Selling drugs that prevent people from p issing their pants is not a Rising Star company...

You delusional mind is interesting....

Kool aid does that.