How creepy is it having roommates at meetings?

Key is to open up the wallet and pay for your own room. Now, at 44, I will never have a roommate at these meetings.

Weirdest thing was my roommate would take a nap after work and snore his ass off.

Afterward, at night, into 3am, he would be up studying with the light on. Nice job. No respect.

And as always...

FU PHARMA!

Moved on from pharma. I don't miss it a bit.

During a phase of training with new company (out of pharma!), I had a suite-mate.

A two-room suite at a Residence Inn.

We both had our own bed and bathrooms.

We shared a common living and kitchen area.

Ideal situation!

I always found it was interesting the method my company used to pair roommates. Chances are if you got stuck with a loser the company was sending you a clear message. This happened consistently. Winners with winners. Losers with losers. It was no coincidence. It was intentional. You knew your place in the company by the quality of your roommate at the company meetings. If you had any question at all about your perceived value in the company you only needed to look at your roommate to get the answer.

You can get a separate room at the company's expense if you let your trainers know.

I learned a lesson from a DM. Tell them you wear a CPAP and the noise will keep someone awake. Seriously. I did this and always had my own room. I had been with the company 2 years....for 9 years I had my own room at every meeting. It made the entire meeting much more enjoyable. But you miss a lot of the camaraderie as well, if you're into that sort of thing. I wasn't into going out and partying it up every night, so it worked out for me.

This is true - just go to your doctor - tell them that your company makes you room. So cheap of them - all the money they make - no other industry does so much triffling shit. Get a doctor's note saying that you have a medical condition and need a separate room. It will work. I do it at every company. That way if you hook up and get some ass- your have your room free to party.

This is true - just go to your doctor - tell them that your company makes you room. So cheap of them - all the money they make - no other industry does so much triffling shit. Get a doctor's note saying that you have a medical condition and need a separate room. It will work. I do it at every company. That way if you hook up and get some ass- your have your room free to party.

You wouldn't pull that on me and get away with it. I would send you to a company doc for a full workup. If he determined that you didn't have the claimed 'medical condition' I would fire you on the spot. Scams backfire. Look before you leap.

Been out of pharma for years but sure recall the roommate thing. Roomed with one new rep who took an incredibly smelly shit one evening that stank up the room unbelievably. This stinker also proceeded to loudly fart repeatedly while I was trying to sleep. Ended up checking into another room at my expense. Confronted the stinker the next morning who admitted to having a medical problem...but wouldn't cough up the $$ to reimburse me for my room. Spoke to the DM who was sympathetic and spoke to the stinker but still no $$. Got my revenge by ratting the stinker out to just about every rep in the sales district. Dude got tagged with the moniker "Stinky" by everyone in the District and disappeared a few months later.

My roomie walked in drunk one night and put some moves on me. He was real tight with the RD so I just kept my mouth shut. Otherwise had I gone to HR I would have lost my job.

Been out of pharma for years but sure recall the roommate thing. Roomed with one new rep who took an incredibly smelly shit one evening that stank up the room unbelievably. This stinker also proceeded to loudly fart repeatedly while I was trying to sleep. Ended up checking into another room at my expense. Confronted the stinker the next morning who admitted to having a medical problem...but wouldn't cough up the $$ to reimburse me for my room. Spoke to the DM who was sympathetic and spoke to the stinker but still no $$. Got my revenge by ratting the stinker out to just about every rep in the sales district. Dude got tagged with the moniker "Stinky" by everyone in the District and disappeared a few months later.

How nice. Did that make you feel like a big man?

kidding, right?

so, what did you do when the move was put on?

I told him to lay off.... that I was not of his breed. Luckily he backed off otherwise the fight would have been on. A fight that I wanted to avoid at all costs since he was the RD's poster boy. The RD was married (to a woman) but who knows what went on there. Very complex. I was so happy to extricate myself from that dysfunctional corporate clan. God almighty, what we humans have to put up with to make a living and survive!

I book a room on my own dime and stay there. My assigned roommates have never even questioned where I've been.

At national meetings I usually have to stay at a hotel near by because the place is booked, but I don't stay out and party so I get up early and cab it or many times walk over if close enough.