How bout those Amylin hires!

<

Whooo hoo,

Jackpot! We caught some big ole bass! How are y'all enjoying being out of chaos?

I'm not really sure why we hired anyone from Amylin. Luckily it was only a few. They might be happy, but I think the managers will ultimately regret the decision. Amylin has stunk year after year, and as soon as they face competition, they lose market share overnight. The "best" of Amylin is pretty much average anywhere else. A pretty lackluster group based upon the performance of their drugs.

I'm not really sure why we hired anyone from Amylin. Luckily it was only a few. They might be happy, but I think the managers will ultimately regret the decision. Amylin has stunk year after year, and as soon as they face competition, they lose market share overnight. The "best" of Amylin is pretty much average anywhere else. A pretty lackluster group based upon the performance of their drugs.

Ok, which is it? I always hear management brag about how we only hire "the best of the best" in the industry. And then I read these posts, and hear people across the country bitching about the quality of ex-Amylin, BMS, Pfizer, and Takeda people.

Ok, which is it? I always hear management brag about how we only hire "the best of the best" in the industry. And then I read these posts, and hear people across the country bitching about the quality of ex-Amylin, BMS, Pfizer, and Takeda people.

We do only hire the top 20% of any company. However, if a company does a crappy job hiring and training, then the top 20% of their company may not be as good as the bottom 20% of another. That's my thoughts on Amylin. I've always avoided hiring people from Amylin simply because they've never demonstrated the ability to sell and be successful in a competitive market.

We do only hire the top 20% of any company. However, if a company does a crappy job hiring and training, then the top 20% of their company may not be as good as the bottom 20% of another. That's my thoughts on Amylin. I've always avoided hiring people from Amylin simply because they've never demonstrated the ability to sell and be successful in a competitive market.

And then there's the liars and phony's that recently got hired yet they were NEVER in the top 20% of their former company's sales force. As soon as they came on board they were exposed for what they truly are.

Oh yes, the famous 20% quota system. This makes absolutely no sense, and bears testimony to why so many DBM and RBDs from this industry struggle to find jobs paying anywhere close to their former salary once they get cut from Pharma.

And the thought that Amylin or Takeda reps are inherently inferior to others is simply ignorant...unless we've hired a large sample of them, dropped them into formerly high-performing territories, and had them all bomb out.

Oh yes, the famous 20% quota system. This makes absolutely no sense, and bears testimony to why so many DBM and RBDs from this industry struggle to find jobs paying anywhere close to their former salary once they get cut from Pharma.

And the thought that Amylin or Takeda reps are inherently inferior to others is simply ignorant...unless we've hired a large sample of them, dropped them into formerly high-performing territories, and had them all bomb out.

Ooo. You risk the ire of the 40 consecutive quarters guy. Is there a way you can get this post deleted? We really don't want to hear from them.

Novo sucks - you hired rejects from Pfizer who corrupted and now are running the company I can't believe someone like Andy A is the VP of sales, what a worthless unethical little midget!

The Amylin reps (especially the Legacy reps) are the best hires Novo could make. When it comes to understanding diabetes in a wholistic way, Amylin reps are FAR superior to Novo. You Novo dopes still don't understand GLP-1/Amylin/DPP4/Insulinl/etc in it's entirety. Novo would do well to make room for every Amylin rep who wants to join their company. In fact, if an Amylin rep chooses to come over, the Novo rep in that territory should be let go. That's how good Amylin is.

The Amylin reps (especially the Legacy reps) are the best hires Novo could make. When it comes to understanding diabetes in a wholistic way, Amylin reps are FAR superior to Novo. You Novo dopes still don't understand GLP-1/Amylin/DPP4/Insulinl/etc in it's entirety. Novo would do well to make room for every Amylin rep who wants to join their company. In fact, if an Amylin rep chooses to come over, the Novo rep in that territory should be let go. That's how good Amylin is.

How many consecutive quarters of double digit growth did Amylin have? Nuff said

Must be why Amylin could never turn a profit and why your market share disappears as soon as you gte a competitor. Who gives a shit how much you know if you don't produce results?

The Amylin rep we hired is by far the most knowledgeable person in our district. His overall understanding of diabetes is uncanny. I'm kind of embarrassed.

Glad they are smart.....now if they just knew how to sell, we'd be in business. Unfortunately, they don't. 90% of Amylin's salesforce was taken from Novo's old salesforce 8 years ago. It was the people who "consulted" with their physicians....and never sold anything. Somehow we brought them back. Bad idea.....