How about that zero payout?

You must be an ABL or one of the losers who actually thinks more coaching and field rides is going to get us to the top 5 in Pharma companies. Managers need to be partners, helping the reps strategize and find business opportunities. Not telling a rep they have to ask more questions that have already been asked on the 20 other calls the rep has made on a prescriber. Any ABL who has been in the field rep role over the last few years especially since Covid will understand

If you cannot sufficiently "strategize and find business opportunities" on your own, or with your cross-functional collaborators, you are probably in the wrong business.
After one or two laps around the territory it should be crystal-clear where your critical access points and opportunities are; after that, you really don't need your A.B.L. (or anyone else) reminding you to go visit those clinics.
It is a necessary role, but there is no good reason to have them managing teams of anything less than 20 reps.
They serve no real function in the field other than to talk over the reps and initiate subject-matter that has been discussed at least a half-dozen times when they weren't around.
If the role were done correctly, A.B.L.'s would serve as administrative functionaries, they would serve as a liason between senior managment and the field, and they would check in with the reps via teams 30 minutes a week to see how they could help.

If you cannot sufficiently "strategize and find business opportunities" on your own, or with your cross-functional collaborators, you are probably in the wrong business.
After one or two laps around the territory it should be crystal-clear where your critical access points and opportunities are; after that, you really don't need your A.B.L. (or anyone else) reminding you to go visit those clinics.
It is a necessary role, but there is no good reason to have them managing teams of anything less than 20 reps.
They serve no real function in the field other than to talk over the reps and initiate subject-matter that has been discussed at least a half-dozen times when they weren't around.
If the role were done correctly, A.B.L.'s would serve as administrative functionaries, they would serve as a liason between senior managment and the field, and they would check in with the reps via teams 30 minutes a week to see how they could help.
I almost thought I wrote this. Paragraph three makes me think we have the same manager too. Every field ride sets me back a call or two in the sales cycle.

More evidence as to why reps are treated like children

More evidence as to why reps are treated like children
Why? Because you don’t know to hire reps who can sell without you? Then you should hire children. Don’t hire people who have long track records of proven success then try to break them down to hate their job. I can outsell my manager all day long if he would just STFU. He hijacks every call to talk about himself, the providers and I can’t get a word in edgewise, then I get “coached” on my FCR.

More than capable of sufficiently strategizing on my own, point is to work with reps on the business and how to maximize opportunities not just focus on selling skills.

Why all the crying about no bonus? Bonus pay is unacceptable and worst in pharma , but it's fine as a side hustle. Just get a couple signatures in the morning & afternoon, and you're good. If you are too busy to attend the scheduled lunch, not a big deal. Order your food in have key office contact handle sign in sheets.

Why? Because you don’t know to hire reps who can sell without you? Then you should hire children. Don’t hire people who have long track records of proven success then try to break them down to hate their job. I can outsell my manager all day long if he would just STFU. He hijacks every call to talk about himself, the providers and I can’t get a word in edgewise, then I get “coached” on my FCR.

Holy shit same thing happened to me last field ride. My manager interrupted the provider and asked so many stupid questions that finally she had to go and I barely even got a message in. I got coached to ask more questions and make sure I am getting messaging in on every call

Why all the crying about no bonus? Bonus pay is unacceptable and worst in pharma , but it's fine as a side hustle. Just get a couple signatures in the morning & afternoon, and you're good. If you are too busy to attend the scheduled lunch, not a big deal. Order your food in have key office contact handle sign in sheets.

Hell that’s all most reps do now without double dipping. Your typical reppie is scared and fearful and excepts mediocracy as it is.

Because you’re idiots who believe that you can dictate the how, when, with whom you work, and your responsibilities when your paycheck is coming from someone else. If you’re better than your manager, then why are you the rep in that hierarchy?

One of two reasons 1) the manager is an idiot and unable to perform in their role as a leader to actually get you promoted or 2) you’re manager feels threatened by you because they know they are a weak leader incapable of doing their own job

One of two reasons 1) the manager is an idiot and unable to perform in their role as a leader to actually get you promoted or 2) you’re manager feels threatened by you because they know they are a weak leader incapable of doing their own job
There it is. It’s the manager’s fault that you’re still in your position, and your competence is so threatening that no pharmaceutical organization in the world has made you a leader. You’re a clown.

Because you’re idiots who believe that you can dictate the how, when, with whom you work, and your responsibilities when your paycheck is coming from someone else. If you’re better than your manager, then why are you the rep in that hierarchy?
I’d rather sell Leqvio any day than be the useless tool criticizing the people who are selling Leqvio.

Thanks for validating that I’m taking a month long vacation Leadership needs to go if they think this shit ok. They made plenty of money off of the injections in my territory. But think it’s ok to pay me nothing, yah, let me help you with that one.

Thanks for the extended vacation..
It’s not just CV reps with ZERO bonuses, it’s Oncology too.

why do abls assume everyone wants to be an abl? Narcissistic abls are part of the culture and leadership problem here. The abls in my regoin are the middle children who always need attention.