• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

Highest Paying Second Jobs

Home at 11:00 and done for the day. Same thing everyday not enough work to fill 5 hours and most calls are just sig only. I could put in 20 hours easy in a second job. Any good paying ideas that are not so damn boring?

I wait table four nights a week. I average about $3,200 a month from this. For a quarter that's $12,800, a hell of a lot more than Pfizer bonus. I had to explain this to one of my docs that saw me one night and wondered what the hell I was doing. I told him I got mouths to feed. You got to do what you got to do.

I sell for a company that provides and constructs handicap ramps for wheel chair bound people.
I hit a few orthopedic surgeons after my calls on primary. Leave brochures in offices and other marketing.

I also know some Pfizer reps who sell products or food at Festivals and Flea Markets on the weekends. You can easily make a few grand in one weekend selling junk, jewelry or food.

Another rep I know, sells jewlrey and pocketbooks out of her house. She does home parties and does quite well.

Let's see. Someone else I know peddles products for a Home Health Supply company. I know some people that bartend for weddings and a guy with GSK that is a weekend DJ.

I sell for a company that provides and constructs handicap ramps for wheel chair bound people.
I hit a few orthopedic surgeons after my calls on primary. Leave brochures in offices and other marketing.

I also know some Pfizer reps who sell products or food at Festivals and Flea Markets on the weekends. You can easily make a few grand in one weekend selling junk, jewelry or food.

Another rep I know, sells jewlrey and pocketbooks out of her house. She does home parties and does quite well.

Let's see. Someone else I know peddles products for a Home Health Supply company. I know some people that bartend for weddings and a guy with GSK that is a weekend DJ.

Hmmm, a "weekend DJ" I like that idea. Sounds like a lot of fun!

I wait table four nights a week. I average about $3,200 a month from this. For a quarter that's $12,800, a hell of a lot more than Pfizer bonus. I had to explain this to one of my docs that saw me one night and wondered what the hell I was doing. I told him I got mouths to feed. You got to do what you got to do.

one of your docs seeing you is pretty funny - even funnier if you were working one of your competitors dinner programs

just tell the docs - Pfizer's not paying anymore

seriously though, I feel your pain - I've got a wife and three kids and man it is a struggle

it's too bad this really is no longer a man's job (i.e. earn enough to support a family)

A great second job is working as a reporter for a community weekly newspaper. Twenty to thirty hours per week of work during evenings and weekends (with one long evening per week for deadline) can pay $30000 per year plus mileage. Perfect second job for a person with a 9-5 job like an office employee or a teacher.

I created my own company selling diversity solutions to Pfizer. I made my wife the president and since the company is private, no one knows I am involved.

I can barely keep up with demand. I copy a lot of stuff from the internet, other pharma companies website, Cokes website, etc. I then sell it to Pfizer and tell them they are behind in their diversity efforts.

Easiest cash I have ever made.

I am Chinese, but my customers want so badly to cater to the AAs, that this is just easy.

one of your docs seeing you is pretty funny - even funnier if you were working one of your competitors dinner programs

just tell the docs - Pfizer's not paying anymore

seriously though, I feel your pain - I've got a wife and three kids and man it is a struggle

it's too bad this really is no longer a man's job (i.e. earn enough to support a family)

Yes. Salary at Pfizer has declined. I was just displaced (KG legacy) and severance bonus for Q4 will be twice Q3 even though I worked July and August. Lots of reps hustling on the side. SMH