• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Here it is....the big news that will save us!

<

Sucampo's Lubiprostone meets primary endpoint in Phase 3 clinical trial for OBD

What a waste of development dollars, although I am sure Sucampo will receive a hefty milestone payment from Takeda. This trial has zero commerical value, it provides no new value to Amitiza in the market place and doctors and managed care will ignore it utterly. Another sign of a Takeda leadership that is completely lost.

What a waste of development dollars, although I am sure Sucampo will receive a hefty milestone payment from Takeda. This trial has zero commerical value, it provides no new value to Amitiza in the market place and doctors and managed care will ignore it utterly. Another sign of a Takeda leadership that is completely lost.

Don't despair. I heard there is a licensing deal in the makings for a merger between activia yoghurt and amitiza. Jamie Lee Curtis will be the spokesperson. It will be called double doodoo yoghurt extra strong. It is the by-product of super brainstorming sessions where it was decided to get into the grocery business in line with some big box stores. Now that is thinking outside the box. Woo Hoo. This, I heard was due to a landslide legislative bid to merge the FDA with the USDA that went through and the future looks bright.