Here is some boomsauce for you.

Anonymous

SAN FRANCISCO — Plaintiffs attorneys cleared a hurdle Thursday in a securities case against Sunnyvale's Intuitive Surgical Inc.

Labaton Sucharow and Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd lawyers provided enough detail to support claims Intuitive executives knowingly misled investors about their products' safety, U.S. District Judge Edward Davila in the Northern District of California ruled. He OK'd allegations that defendants kept product liability claims and adverse patient reports from shareholders, and issued three "secret recalls" of their da Vinci surgery robots without shareholder knowledge.

"Plaintiff has pled facts that, when taken as true, show that defendants knew that their statements regarding da Vinci's safety benefits were false or misleading when said, and that defendants had financial motivations to maintain a misleading impression of da Vinci safety," Davila wrote.

Intuitive manufactures robotic arms controlled remotely by surgeons and designed to operate through tiny incisions with more dexterity than the human hand. But the company has been hit with multiple personal injury, product liability and securities lawsuits alleging the machines sometimes malfunction and discharge electric sparks into a patient's body, damaging tissue and internal organs. The problem prompted a review by the Food and Drug Administration last year, which plaintiffs allege led to a drop in stock prices after its was disclosed.

Plaintiffs lawyers claimed Intuitive executives made 64 misleading statements to shareholders.

Davila took issue with claims based on omissions in Intuitive's financial reports and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. "That the statements were not wholly complete does not necessarily render them misleading to the reasonable investor," Davila wrote, granting plaintiffs lawyers 15 days to amend those allegations.

Thursday's ruling follows an appellate win for Intuitive's legal team, led by Keker & Van Nest partner Michael Celio. Ruling last month, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit threw out an earlier shareholder suit against the company, affirming U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh's 2012 decision.Plaintiffs in that case had invoked the core operations inference of scienter, arguing the company's true financial situation was so vital it must have been known by company executives. The appellate panel shot down the argument, ruling plaintiffs lacked proof executives knowingly created false reports.

In Thursday's order, Davila ruled plaintiffs lawyer's scienter claims, based on testimony from a former Intuitive manager, were adequate. Plaintiffs lawyers also provided evidence defendants sold their Intuitive stock after learning of FDA involvement that would adversely affect the company, but before that information was public knowledge.

Contact the reporter at mkendall@alm.com.

Companies, agencies mentioned: Labaton Sucharow and Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd | United States Securities & Exchange Commission | Ninth Circuit | Intuitive Surgical Inc. | U.S. Court of Appeals

Read more: http://www.therecorder.com/id=12026...Suit-Against-Intuitive-Surgical#ixzz3BXKbQN1S

<

And here is some for you in return.........

67 million ounces to be exact!

04-09-2014 | 03:07 PM Author: Tom Moylan
Da Vinci Surgical Robot Maker Reserves $67M To Settle Product Liability Claims

SAN FRANCISCO — Plaintiffs attorneys cleared a hurdle Thursday in a securities case against Sunnyvale's Intuitive Surgical Inc.

Labaton Sucharow and Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd lawyers provided enough detail to support claims Intuitive executives knowingly misled investors about their products' safety, U.S. District Judge Edward Davila in the Northern District of California ruled. He OK'd allegations that defendants kept product liability claims and adverse patient reports from shareholders, and issued three "secret recalls" of their da Vinci surgery robots without shareholder knowledge.

"Plaintiff has pled facts that, when taken as true, show that defendants knew that their statements regarding da Vinci's safety benefits were false or misleading when said, and that defendants had financial motivations to maintain a misleading impression of da Vinci safety," Davila wrote.

Intuitive manufactures robotic arms controlled remotely by surgeons and designed to operate through tiny incisions with more dexterity than the human hand. But the company has been hit with multiple personal injury, product liability and securities lawsuits alleging the machines sometimes malfunction and discharge electric sparks into a patient's body, damaging tissue and internal organs. The problem prompted a review by the Food and Drug Administration last year, which plaintiffs allege led to a drop in stock prices after its was disclosed.

Plaintiffs lawyers claimed Intuitive executives made 64 misleading statements to shareholders.

Davila took issue with claims based on omissions in Intuitive's financial reports and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. "That the statements were not wholly complete does not necessarily render them misleading to the reasonable investor," Davila wrote, granting plaintiffs lawyers 15 days to amend those allegations.

Thursday's ruling follows an appellate win for Intuitive's legal team, led by Keker & Van Nest partner Michael Celio. Ruling last month, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit threw out an earlier shareholder suit against the company, affirming U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh's 2012 decision.Plaintiffs in that case had invoked the core operations inference of scienter, arguing the company's true financial situation was so vital it must have been known by company executives. The appellate panel shot down the argument, ruling plaintiffs lacked proof executives knowingly created false reports.

In Thursday's order, Davila ruled plaintiffs lawyer's scienter claims, based on testimony from a former Intuitive manager, were adequate. Plaintiffs lawyers also provided evidence defendants sold their Intuitive stock after learning of FDA involvement that would adversely affect the company, but before that information was public knowledge.

Contact the reporter at mkendall@alm.com.

Companies, agencies mentioned: Labaton Sucharow and Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd | United States Securities & Exchange Commission | Ninth Circuit | Intuitive Surgical Inc. | U.S. Court of Appeals

Read more: http://www.therecorder.com/id=12026...Suit-Against-Intuitive-Surgical#ixzz3BXKbQN1S

Your life is full of misery, isn't it?

Your life is full of misery, isn't it?

I would dare you to go to court December 5, 2014 at 11:00 at Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara. Ask for the Zarick, et al. v. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. case and then tell the 37 victims in that case, "Your life is full of misery, isn't it?" Make sure your cell phone cam is on so you can record a better response then you can get here. Then post that ass beating you will get here online so we all can laugh at you.

Who is the guy who invented the word "Boomsauce" and what context did he use it in? I can just picture an old DB manager of mine talking like tat.

P.S. - If I were to get hired by ISI do you think they would let me work 7-5? I have kids to take care of.

I would dare you to go to court December 5, 2014 at 11:00 at Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara. Ask for the Zarick, et al. v. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. case and then tell the 37 victims in that case, "Your life is full of misery, isn't it?" Make sure your cell phone cam is on so you can record a better response then you can get here. Then post that ass beating you will get here online so we all can laugh at you.

I don't respond to "dares." Just double-dares.

If you don't work for ISI, when did you leave? What is your "ax to grind" with ISI? It's just sad to let your hate control you this way.

I don't respond to "dares." Just double-dares.

If you don't work for ISI, when did you leave? What is your "ax to grind" with ISI? It's just sad to let your hate control you this way.

Kinda presumptuous to believe that only employees or ex employees or for that matter, potential new hires would be the only ones on this site.

Some of us here are the family members of loved ones that have been maimed by this machine. I guess you can call that, "ax to grind". And justifiably so.

P.S. - If I were to get hired by ISI do you think they would let me work 7-5? I have kids to take care of.[/QUOTE]

Seems like one should be able to get their job done in 10 hours? If not, you must not be very efficient.

NO

You don't decide your hours. Other people do. This is a puppet on a string schedule and you are not holding the strings. You are the puppet.

THIS IS NOT A TO FIVE! THIS IS A GET IT DONE NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES. MAKE ME MONEY! gig

NO

You don't decide your hours. Other people do. This is a puppet on a string schedule and you are not holding the strings. You are the puppet.

THIS IS NOT A TO FIVE! THIS IS A GET IT DONE NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES. MAKE ME MONEY! gig

Yeah, go make us some money for the lawsuits. That 67 million has to come from somewhere, now that Intuitive, insurance is also suing them for lying about adverse events that where not disclosed to them.

If you care and you don't want to see me on this board 24/7l then tell Intuitive to settle the following cases:

Zarick, et al. v. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. The Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara

Erika Starr. v Intuitive Surgical, Inc Untied States District Court of Ohio

LYNELE MCDANIEL vs. INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC., Marion Superior Court , Indianapolis, Indiana

yes, we do have an AX to grind.

Kinda presumptuous to believe that only employees or ex employees or for that matter, potential new hires would be the only ones on this site.

Some of us here are the family members of loved ones that have been maimed by this machine. I guess you can call that, "ax to grind". And justifiably so.

Family members get on Cafepharma? Maybe ambulance chasers, but family? Ok