Helsinn

I agree with the poster here. While Zykadia was hardly flying off the shelves, it was at last an interesting product to sell. Aknyzeo IV is a little late to the party and with Aloxi going generic, there are going to be issues even once the J code is rolled out. The reality is that, while Aknyzeo is a great supportive care product for emesis, the contracting will be an issue if they aren't able to solidify something with Ion. The company culture is for the shits now. The new guy is turning this from a company that, while not always having the support one needs or being able to find something at the website, is worse than it was before. Turning a company like Helsinn into a midget mirror image of big pharma will not serve the company well. The training is decent however not having a training department is a problem when it comes to consistency. The expense reports with their new vendor is a nightmare. I submitted a receipt for drinks I purchased at a corner store (they had the best deal) and it got bounced back because she didn't understand the receipt even with a note of explanation. Likewise, one of my coworkers accidently submitted the wrong sign in sheet and it got processed through. Nine months later they came back and asked why they were using the wrong signature form (it was the same one everyone else had been given and there were no updates sent to the field force) and why it was the wrong one for that office (possibly a duplicate). Rather than let him correct it (it's a fairly easy fix and the Sunshine laws allow for going back to fix any issue within a year's time frame), they let him go out of the blue. No verbal, no written, no 90 window for improvement.This was a NEW employee by the way (only with the company for nine or so months). I suspect that salary played the biggest role here in that decision as, by the numbers, he turned around a territory that had been performing poorly. Strange company. If you come here watch your back. I'm waiting for something better to come along and most of the folks here are waiting to retire (those that stick around anyway).

There's also considerable work that needs to be done with Valchlor. Rather than use steroids as their indicator for possible MF disease, use biologics because, while it doesn't treat the disease process directly, it will indicate those that are willing to do more than cosmetic derm and willing to treat with a good product for conditions like psoriasis, etc. Most of the derms I have as targets are NOT treating MF if it comes up (as rare as it is).

It seems you have a good feel for what's going on here. The new Teva Jr.
Micromanagement with absolutely no understanding of the business and more concerned about processes and calling on accounts that have no chance of doing anything with AKIV until price competitive. Even then way to late to the party. And these GPO contracts and lists??? What a complete joke and waste of time. I was brought on with the new group and told what a great culture the company had and that they were specifically looking for people with no oncology experience. I actually had some so was brought on. Was told it would be at least a year before we would understand the business completely so don't worry about expectation being short term. It will take time. What a crock of shit we were sold! Right out of training the idiot from Teva completely threw everyone under the bus and wanted results now! Started micromanaging everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, like a primary care dm. Has all of 1 year of management under them. Was very clear did not want the people he was given and will do what it takes to get rid of them. Then, like your coworker, one of mine had an issue with tolls submitted that amounted to $16.50. They inadvertently left another family members tolls on the sheet. That started the ball rolling to "build a case" that was totally unjustified and manufactured but supported by FR and the LB in hr. No verbal, written or 90 day plan to get it together and tighten it up. Just let go out of the blue as well! Had been with the company 4 months!!! Was told he wasn't doing his job!! Had the only performing territory in the region and had done a good job in securing the contacts. Simply questioned the managers tactics and understanding of what was going on here. Everyone is, or should be, looking as it sent a very loud and clear message, "we don't want you if you're not one of us and we will make you leave or get rid of you for any reason we want".
This is a very bad company and the culture.....well, what culture?
Watch your backs and get out now. This is going to get much worse!!