• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

HCV layoffs announced this Friday

<

Hold-up, maybe new guy from JP Morgan will save us? Merge us? Sell us? Why else is he here? Obviously to make a move...

A merge with BMS, or European giant? Hopefully not Sanofi, but Roche has always wanted to be back in HCV. Janssen is also an option. Companies with HCV and oncology aspirations, my bet Roche.

That (Pfizer) is also an option. But the benefit is with EU company. To be sure something is going on. A guy doesn't leave such a big job to come to the Midwest and report to CEO unless he's going to be new CEO, or he'll do what he does best...a merger, to save AbbVie shareholders and RG's legacy. RG does not want to be labelled the high school graduate who tanked Abbvie. The question is when? Guessing something will be announced q4, but I am only guessing. Take it for what it is.

Hold-up, maybe new guy from JP Morgan will save us? Merge us? Sell us? Why else is he here? Obviously to make a move...

A merge with BMS, or European giant? Hopefully not Sanofi, but Roche has always wanted to be back in HCV. Janssen is also an option. Companies with HCV and oncology aspirations, my bet Roche.

Former Roche/Genentech here, it is highly unlikely that they want back into a market that they once owned but would now only be a bit player, not their focus. Why would they want to take on Humira as it heads toward generic challenges? I'd see a better fit with BMS, they are fine with products that were once best in class or mediocre at best. Then again, gilead could buy just about anyone right now.

Former Roche/Genentech here, it is highly unlikely that they want back into a market that they once owned but would now only be a bit player, not their focus. Why would they want to take on Humira as it heads toward generic challenges? I'd see a better fit with BMS, they are fine with products that were once best in class or mediocre at best. Then again, gilead could buy just about anyone right now.