• Thurs news: Moderna targets $1.1B in R&D spending cuts. Gene therapy startup emerges. J&J leads $50M financing for imaging company. Sanofi gets into radioligands. GSK’s mRNA flu vax trial. See more on our front page

Has anyone ever worked for Eli Lilly as a Pharmaceutical sales rep, if so, what was your experience?

The irony is you can tell a lot about the world based on all of your responses. Look at all the cursing, etc. Clearly none of you can have a legitimate conversation. Rather than debate the merits of the argument (and if you have opposing views fine) your defense is name calling, etc. Damn, someone speaking on Lilly makes yall that mad. Now, that's funny. Damn, that kool-aid is strong. Truth must really hurt. I can stand on my comments. You all haven't said anything with merit. Your defense is to attack me personally. I love it. Damn, I thought Lilly hired smarter people than this. Then again, the industry is full of incompetent people so I shouldn't be surprised.

Again LEAVE already… go work for Pfizer or Merck while you still have a job and can more easily get a job. Oops too late, heard they are both doing restructuring with deep layoffs.

Still you should leave soon before your manager puts you on a PIP and eventual fires your lame ass.

Life is too short to stay someplace you are not happy. Have courage and go.

You can work for way worse company’s than Lilly! It is highly dependent on your manager and products.

Reality is the stock, pension, and pipeline are great and should be for another 3 to 5 years. In sales you are what you sell and Lilly is better than most.

For the sad naysayers, the glass is always half empty. Take your sorry butt somplace else where losers and complainers are appreciated and well deserved.

If anyone has an opportunity w/ another pharma company, you should take it! Dave Ricks (WOKE Canadian Liberal) hates sales &100% supports poor pay/treatment of sales.
I got out years ago, but still have a few great friends in DM & Rep positions that are hanging in there for the retirement (80/90 pts).
The best decision I have ever made was to leave because the exact same pharma companies that Lilly kept telling us that our pay/bonus was at par if not better was a complete bold faced lie!! I have worked for 2 competitive pharma companies since & both have given me raises based on performance & the bonus structure was literally 100%+ over Lilly’s!!

If anyone has an opportunity w/ another pharma company, you should take it! Dave Ricks (WOKE Canadian Liberal) hates sales &100% supports poor pay/treatment of sales.
I got out years ago, but still have a few great friends in DM & Rep positions that are hanging in there for the retirement (80/90 pts).
The best decision I have ever made was to leave because the exact same pharma companies that Lilly kept telling us that our pay/bonus was at par if not better was a complete bold faced lie!! I have worked for 2 competitive pharma companies since & both have given me raises based on performance & the bonus structure was literally 100%+ over Lilly’s!!
Amen to that!!! I can’t believe people stay here!! I have doubled my income at other pharma companies! Lilly is a good place to work right out of college but after 3 years find another company that will pay significantly more.

Amen to that!!! I can’t believe people stay here!! I have doubled my income at other pharma companies! Lilly is a good place to work right out of college but after 3 years find another company that will pay significantly more.

And that is exactly my plan: get to 3 years, and get the F out of here!

After working at 6 other companies: financial firm, small tech, big pharma, and a biotech over the last 20 years.

Lilly is not perfect, but, it’s my favorite so far. Good benefits and stability. Could be that I have a good manager and the products are outstanding.