GEODON PATENT EXPIRES ON March 2, 2012 !

DM here. Sorry to here about the patient who is going to expire on March 2nd. Is there anything that I or my team can do for this patient? Our thoughts are with him or her.

DM here. Sorry to here about the patient who is going to expire on March 2nd. Is there anything that I or my team can do for this patient? Our thoughts are with him or her.

If you sell this drug you can get fired because GEODON side effects are disgusting. There goes the patent in 2012! Here comes a cheap generic for the patients benefit! There goes your job. Counting down the days till patent expiration.

Akathisia and QT prolongation has zero to do why Geodon is a dog. And whoever wrote those two side effects is retarded. QT is a non issue anymore and Abilify has worse akathisia. Geodon is a dog because it has to be taken with food and 40mg is a totally different drug than 160mg. Patients can either get totally activated or knocked out for a week. Any intelligent Psych doses it once a day anyhow.

Akathisia and QT prolongation has zero to do why Geodon is a dog. And whoever wrote those two side effects is retarded. QT is a non issue anymore and Abilify has worse akathisia. Geodon is a dog because it has to be taken with food and 40mg is a totally different drug than 160mg. Patients can either get totally activated or knocked out for a week. Any intelligent Psych doses it once a day anyhow.

Numbers don't lie, GEODON 1 billion in sales, ABILIFY 2 billion in sales, and ABILIFY is approved for more things like children and add on depression. GEODON is a crappy medicine that never caught on, a RISPERDAL wannabe. Akathisia is sky high with GEODON, it is unfound with ABILIFY.

As part of the record settlement, Pfizer agreed to pay $300 million to resolve
allegations that it engaged in off-label marketing of its blockbuster atypical
antipsychotic Geodon, which generated over $1 billion dollars in sales in

Geodon is FDA-approved only to treat patients ages 18-65 diagnosed with
schizophrenia or acute manic or mixed episodes associated with bipolar
disorder. However, according to the whistleblower suit unsealed today, Pfizer
illegally promoted the sale and use of Geodon for a variety of off-label
conditions, including depression, bipolar maintenance, mood disorder, anxiety,
aggression, dementia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive
compulsive disorder, autism, posttraumatic stress disorder, and for
pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients.

Down here in the sunshine state they want me to tell my docs all the off label stuff this drug does like; cures headaches, helps lymphoma, restores hairs loss, and best of all reverses the effects of herpes. It is a wonderful drug.

As part of the record settlement, Pfizer agreed to pay $300 million to resolve
allegations that it engaged in off-label marketing of its blockbuster atypical
antipsychotic Geodon, which generated over $1 billion dollars in sales in

Geodon is FDA-approved only to treat patients ages 18-65 diagnosed with
schizophrenia or acute manic or mixed episodes associated with bipolar
disorder. However, according to the whistleblower suit unsealed today, Pfizer
illegally promoted the sale and use of Geodon for a variety of off-label
conditions, including depression, bipolar maintenance, mood disorder, anxiety,
aggression, dementia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive
compulsive disorder, autism, posttraumatic stress disorder, and for
pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients.

Is it just me or does it seem hilarious to see Geodon described as a "blockbuster atypical antipsychotic"?

Is it just me or does it seem hilarious to see Geodon described as a "blockbuster atypical antipsychotic"?

Well skippy, generally all drugs that reach $1B in sales are referred to as "blockbusters". Doesn't mean they're #1 in their product class, it just means they're bringing in a boatload of money. The strategy that the company is trying to advance is to have a broad base of billion-dollar drugs, rather than a few multi-billion-dollar compounds. Sounds good on paper but making it happen is proving to be tough with the unheard of scrutiny that the FDA is now applying to all NDAs. And trust me, we'll be happy to get any new products to $1B a year with the advent of ObamaKare and the subequent imposition of "clinical effectiveness review boards" (just look at what NICE has done to new meds/devices in the UK).

As for actually selling Geodon, it can be done. I won VPC the year I launched it as a CNS rep, and again when we launched the IM. If you can sell, you can sell. If you can't, you make excuses.

Ya, and I won VPC every time they re-packaged the sample size of Geodon. I also won VPC when we relaunched the Keck study twice. Then I won last year when I launched QUE. Now I am going to win with the new cartoons we are selling with. I'm great and Geodon Sucks. get a life.

Well skippy, generally all drugs that reach $1B in sales are referred to as "blockbusters". Doesn't mean they're #1 in their product class, it just means they're bringing in a boatload of money. The strategy that the company is trying to advance is to have a broad base of billion-dollar drugs, rather than a few multi-billion-dollar compounds. Sounds good on paper but making it happen is proving to be tough with the unheard of scrutiny that the FDA is now applying to all NDAs. And trust me, we'll be happy to get any new products to $1B a year with the advent of ObamaKare and the subequent imposition of "clinical effectiveness review boards" (just look at what NICE has done to new meds/devices in the UK).

As for actually selling Geodon, it can be done. I won VPC the year I launched it as a CNS rep, and again when we launched the IM. If you can sell, you can sell. If you can't, you make excuses.

pharmaceuticals is not selling. that's what the overtime lawsuit notice was about. soon a court will determine that pharmaceuticals is marketing education, not sales.

That's GREAT!..................No it's NOT...............I need it!....NO YOU DON"T.......damn one of me needs it and the other me doesn't! What do I do?

thats not funny. for the people who really benefit from this med it will be great when the patent expires. it is a very expensive drug- especially for those without insurance. wish it would happen sooner. apparently you dont need it and did a really poor jab at trying to make fun of those who do.