Genentech perception in the Industry

Don’t ask fellow and former reps about the perception of working there, ask the customers.

I'll tell you exactly what our customers say..
"What happened to my last 4 reps in the past 2 years?"
"Who's the new person never seen or heard of them."
"Its been a few years since I heard anything from a Genentech rep."
"Is Genentech still in business?"
"I loved my rep from 2 years ago, the new ones are useless and know nothing."
"The one thing I noticed is the color change in reps rather than ones that know their stuff."
"Was a really great company that fell off the map."

"The one thing I noticed is the color change in reps rather than ones that know their stuff."

This is probably the most accurate of the bunch. Our bigoted leadership is pursuing moronic diversity numbers at absolutely all costs. AKA white men need not apply here, you will not be hired. The new talentless diversity hires are typically wholly incapable of performing.

The “perception “ of leadership is that sales acumen and the ability to build and cultivate long term relationships doesn’t matter anymore, it’s all about who shows up. No merit, not talent and no clue = perfect hire. Those who were displaced over the past few years due to reorganization and transformation will come back to haunt this dog crap organization. The accounts don’t forget who were the real deal and who are window dressing.

I'll tell you exactly what our customers say..
"What happened to my last 4 reps in the past 2 years?"
"Who's the new person never seen or heard of them."
"Its been a few years since I heard anything from a Genentech rep."
"Is Genentech still in business?"
"I loved my rep from 2 years ago, the new ones are useless and know nothing."
"Was a really great company that fell off the map."

True Dat!

“Genentech” died in 2009 when Papa Roche took full control. All the original DNA’ers either left well before or right after. If you joined after the buyout you did not and do not work for Genentech you work/worked for Roche.

It’s was amazing back in the AL days. Crazy celebrations, bands, amazing products and launches, and an great culture.

What you have now is Roche using the goodwill of the Genentech name. That’s it.

Don’t embarrass yourself saying you work at Genentech if you joined post buyout. You are not the OG’s you are poser wannabes who were probably in big Pharma primary care when Genentech was Genentech.

If you didn’t launch any of the big 4 you didn’t work for DNA…regardless of what your business card says.

“Genentech” died in 2009 when Papa Roche took full control. All the original DNA’ers either left well before or right after. If you joined after the buyout you did not and do not work for Genentech you work/worked for Roche.

It’s was amazing back in the AL days. Crazy celebrations, bands, amazing products and launches, and an great culture.

Don’t embarrass yourself saying you work at Genentech if you joined post buyout. You are not the OG’s you are poser wannabes who were probably in big Pharma primary care when Genentech was Genentech.

If you didn’t launch any of the big 4 you didn’t work for DNA…regardless of what your business card says.
Wow. You think you're something because you happened to work here when the big four were new and had no competition? That wasn't you bro, you just benefitted from great science. #You'renotspecial.

ah, still living in the past I see. You must also pull out your high school letter jacket for the badminton team and revel in the glory days. Get over yourself and get out of the past, the 3 horsemen aren’t coming through the door.

I’ve never met a Genentech rep that that wasn’t a smug, arrogant piece of crap. I’ve also never met a Genentech rep that had the first clue as to how to actually sell. Your organization hires for every reason except for talent.
Well sweetheart glad we never met, or did we? Never a smug rep, i was blessed to be part of a great family of people. We did have amazing drugs, and hit the cycle perfectly. Not all were like that… believe you me….
When marketing grew to more than 5 people there was a problem…..lol
I was so fortunate to be there for long time… great friends. Now i am on to another company because DNA gave me an awesome severance.(was about to interview for crazy ecosystem role,bit decided against the unkown philosophy). I love where i landed, but DNA is the gift that keeps on giving. So behind the anonymity of posts here you f-ing know nothing….lol