• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Gen Meds KAMs are Worthless

<

Then your KAM is doing more than ours is.

Hey they are busy trying to figure out how to keep all their great access. My KAM told me that Gilenya will be Step Edited and that he is contracting for that position. Crazy, what happened to Unrestricted Access?? That is how we built CV and that IS NOT the way to sustain any kind of brand - Step edit and NDC locks. Way to go USMM!

Ditto to post #2!!!! What are they Sooo busy doing?? Our KAM said he needed more help from the field reps? with Reclast gone -- why would you need more assistance NOW?

All talk, no action

Don't blame the KAM, all they do is deliver the message that HQ tells them to do. Not a hard job as they just deliver messages. Do not think for themselves. If USMM tells them to jump, they jump. Of course one wonders who is calling the shots at HQ because they are never hit their target? Will see my KAM next month on his quarterly visit. Crazy.

Don't blame the KAM, all they do is deliver the message that HQ tells them to do. Not a hard job as they just deliver messages. Do not think for themselves. If USMM tells them to jump, they jump. Of course one wonders who is calling the shots at HQ because they are never hit their target? Will see my KAM next month on his quarterly visit. Crazy.

And best of all no accountability. I love this job. Ticket to my next promotion.

And best of all no accountability. I love this job. Ticket to my next promotion.

I think the KAM's are all Part Timers. No accountability, no call plans, no visability, yet we have over 200 KAMs in the organization. Wish they would just use a CSO for managed care and pass along the savings to enhancing field initiatives. Won't happen but I guess the KAM job is a good job if you don't like to work but get paid a lot of $$$.

Hilarious. Because you don't see your KAM every day and they don't call on the same people you do, they are invisible and worthless. You know the home office thinks this about you, right? You know, that reps only work from 10-2 and don't know how to give a real product presentation, and can't see anyone without providing lunch. Funny how other people's jobs look so unimportant and easy from the outside. Here's the difference though. I've done your job.

Hilarious. Because Gen Meds Leadership and communication is so poor, most field reps don't have a clue as to the current job description and performance metrics of a KAM.

Enlighten us on the current responsibilities of a Gen Meds KAM, and the value they provide, oh Great One.

Hilarious. Because you don't see your KAM every day and they don't call on the same people you do, they are invisible and worthless. You know the home office thinks this about you, right? You know, that reps only work from 10-2 and don't know how to give a real product presentation, and can't see anyone without providing lunch. Funny how other people's jobs look so unimportant and easy from the outside. Here's the difference though. I've done your job.

I know most KAMs started out as Reps and went thru the process. That makes it even worse because they should want to help us out and be seen with us. We all know that they do Account Plans and present to USMM twice a year, they also see their accounts (most have 4 or 5) once a quarter. So in my estimate they are required to have, at most, 22 meetings per year. Again, what are they doing the other 238 working days in the year? Do they need to prepare 10 days for each meeting?

I know most KAMs started out as Reps and went thru the process. That makes it even worse because they should want to help us out and be seen with us. We all know that they do Account Plans and present to USMM twice a year, they also see their accounts (most have 4 or 5) once a quarter. So in my estimate they are required to have, at most, 22 meetings per year. Again, what are they doing the other 238 working days in the year? Do they need to prepare 10 days for each meeting?

The accounts and people who do not see sales reps do not want to associate the KAM with a specific product. What executive wants to talk about the product PI? Larger accounts are visited far more than once a quarter. There is a lot of phone, email, and planning time but roughly a half day to day for a really in depth customer meeting.

KAMs I work with want to help the reps. But this is not the same as making joint calls. It seems unless the KAM can magically score you a lunch or re-open a closed office, many in the sales team thinks they are worthless. When we discuss broader initiatives, too many reps want to know how many scripts this directly generates. Few reps get the idea of deeper understanding of the account and how this creates opportunities for reps to sell. It is not a direct selling opportunity in and of itself. Are you one of the few dream reps that really understands a non product approach and what value this provides to the account? Do you understand the follow up opportunities? I would guess about 20% of the reps I work with really get this. So guess who I work with the most, try to help the most, and who knows exactly what I am doing.

Why does someone need performance metrics of a KAM? Do you have this for an MSL? An ADCA? I sure don't have this for a rep.

Then your KAM is doing more than ours is.

Too funny. Every Gen Med rep I know has the same story. Kinda funny the comments from the "we know more" crowd who belittle those of us who see the truth. Laughable. They stay quiet as tit mouses so as not to have us question what they're doing. Then, when they do lift a finger, the whole freaking world needs to hear about the one "in service" or one "pharmacy lunch" they knocked outta the park. Crazy. Read mine like a book.

The accounts and people who do not see sales reps do not want to associate the KAM with a specific product. What executive wants to talk about the product PI? Larger accounts are visited far more than once a quarter. There is a lot of phone, email, and planning time but roughly a half day to day for a really in depth customer meeting.

KAMs I work with want to help the reps. But this is not the same as making joint calls. It seems unless the KAM can magically score you a lunch or re-open a closed office, many in the sales team thinks they are worthless. When we discuss broader initiatives, too many reps want to know how many scripts this directly generates. Few reps get the idea of deeper understanding of the account and how this creates opportunities for reps to sell. It is not a direct selling opportunity in and of itself. Are you one of the few dream reps that really understands a non product approach and what value this provides to the account? Do you understand the follow up opportunities? I would guess about 20% of the reps I work with really get this. So guess who I work with the most, try to help the most, and who knows exactly what I am doing.

Why does someone need performance metrics of a KAM? Do you have this for an MSL? An ADCA? I sure don't have this for a rep.

Spoken like a genuine Sleestak from Land of the Lost.

Too funny. Every Gen Med rep I know has the same story. Kinda funny the comments from the "we know more" crowd who belittle those of us who see the truth. Laughable. They stay quiet as tit mouses so as not to have us question what they're doing. Then, when they do lift a finger, the whole freaking world needs to hear about the one "in service" or one "pharmacy lunch" they knocked outta the park. Crazy. Read mine like a book.

I bet you knock it out of the park every day, by serving deluxe pizza instead of the regular stuff!