future of field reps

You’re not wrong, but unfortunately that’s the stupid non sales producing, metrics driven game they force us to play. I have several targets that my partner and I share with another territory. So there are 4 reps who are each supposed to have a product discussion 7 times a trimester. Of course, that provider has had to make strict rules to keep pharma reps out of the office once a week, so we can realistically only talk to them at a luncheon once every couple of months. So we all show up to the lunches and have a revolving door of dripping just a few samples to them a couple times a week. Meanwhile, we are ignoring medium and smaller accounts and doing nothing to build new business. No wonder the device and buy and bill reps laugh at the sample dropping pharma reps. (Just because we sell Leqvio, doesn’t mean Novartis will allow account based buy and bill selling, they’re still pharma 2001.)
Cruising down the street in my 6-4
Jockin the freaks clocking the dough
Went to the park to get the scoop
Knuckleheads out there cold shooting some hoops
A car pulls up who can it be
A fresh El Camino rolled, Kilo G
He rolls down his window and he started to say
It's all about making that GTA

You’re not wrong, but unfortunately that’s the stupid non sales producing, metrics driven game they force us to play. I have several targets that my partner and I share with another territory. So there are 4 reps who are each supposed to have a product discussion 7 times a trimester. Of course, that provider has had to make strict rules to keep pharma reps out of the office once a week, so we can realistically only talk to them at a luncheon once every couple of months. So we all show up to the lunches and have a revolving door of dripping just a few samples to them a couple times a week. Meanwhile, we are ignoring medium and smaller accounts and doing nothing to build new business. No wonder the device and buy and bill reps laugh at the sample dropping pharma reps. (Just because we sell Leqvio, doesn’t mean Novartis will allow account based buy and bill selling, they’re still pharma 2001.)
Lunch with doctor gene-so good-loved the deep dish... so good