• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

FDA Approves Another Weight Loss Drug

Anonymous

February 22, 2012 (Updated February 23, 2012) (Silver Spring, Maryland) — The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee [1,2] voted overwhelmingly in favor of approving the obesity drug Qnexa (Vivus, Mountain View, CA), a combination of phentermine and controlled-release topiramate [3].

If measly lorcaserin even gets approved by a super slim margin, it will have to compete against this one before it even has a chance. Once again Eisai shows what a shining star it is in business and product development. And it only tool a $50 Million deposit.

All executives please dont forget: "Its all the reps' fault!"

<

February 22, 2012 (Updated February 23, 2012) (Silver Spring, Maryland) — The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee [1,2] voted overwhelmingly in favor of approving the obesity drug Qnexa (Vivus, Mountain View, CA), a combination of phentermine and controlled-release topiramate [3].

If measly lorcaserin even gets approved by a super slim margin, it will have to compete against this one before it even has a chance. Once again Eisai shows what a shining star it is in business and product development. And it only tool a $50 Million deposit.

This is old news and it is a great sign for Eisai. You should be thankful for this great news.

I want to get a job in business development at any other company and then engage Eisai in a negotiation. I could lie by the pool while they tripped over themselves to send term sheets agreeing to the most ridiculous things imaginable.

I have take Topamax(topiramate) to prevent Migraines for nearly 15 years now. One of the side effects is weight loss. I have a very small appetite. Phentermine did not have to be combined with Topamax because Topamax works so well by itself. Another side effect of Topamax is memory loss. I often forget to make my calls every day!!!!