• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Farxiga CKD approval!!!

<

Who cares. Marketing Dept will F this up just like they did for heart failure. Competitors will continue to outperform with less label claims.

that’s the way it is here. Marketing screws up good clinical and sales reps get brunt of the blame.

any lokelmo rep openings?

Who cares. Marketing Dept will F this up just like they did for heart failure. Competitors will continue to outperform with less label claims.

that’s the way it is here. Marketing screws up good clinical and sales reps get brunt of the blame.

any lokelmo rep openings?

If you don't have at least a 20% NRX share, you suck at what you do. Don't blame marketing, blame yourself, because you suck.

While I’m happy to have this indication I’m not sure it will make much difference. With empa-kidney not far away like 8 months doctors will just assume class effect and keep writing jardiance because it’s got great coverage.

If you look at what HQ has told us market share has been flat for years and that’s with multiple new indications Declare and Dapa-HF. They keep saying market leadership with every new indication but it never happens.

They missed the boat years ago because our coverage sucked for years compared to jardiance. It took us years to get us on plans that jardiance already had allowing them to snap up all the business. Think uhc-aarp part d took 6 plus years which is an embarrassment. Of course the account directors are never to blame when they can’t get on a formulary plan.

So doctors perceive jardiance to have the best coverage and since they had their CV outcome data first they automatically go to jardiance first.

Look at how successful Ozempic was when novo launched. Why? Because they got on almost every plan from the beginning. In addition bcise was too late to the game and the whole stock issues made that drug go into the toilet.

While I’m happy to have this indication I’m not sure it will make much difference. With empa-kidney not far away like 8 months doctors will just assume class effect and keep writing jardiance because it’s got great coverage.

If you look at what HQ has told us market share has been flat for years and that’s with multiple new indications Declare and Dapa-HF. They keep saying market leadership with every new indication but it never happens.

They missed the boat years ago because our coverage sucked for years compared to jardiance. It took us years to get us on plans that jardiance already had allowing them to snap up all the business. Think uhc-aarp part d took 6 plus years which is an embarrassment. Of course the account directors are never to blame when they can’t get on a formulary plan.

So doctors perceive jardiance to have the best coverage and since they had their CV outcome data first they automatically go to jardiance first.

Look at how successful Ozempic was when novo launched. Why? Because they got on almost every plan from the beginning. In addition bcise was too late to the game and the whole stock issues made that drug go into the toilet.

Was closer to 50% but yes strong growth with Farxiga. However this year could look inflated due to the drop in volume last year because of the pandemic. In my region a lot of us are suffering with Farxiga goals being high because we were out in the field last year and continued to grow. It was actually pointless because none of us were recognized for our efforts and as a result while our goals continued to rise most of the nation was sitting at home. Their goals dropped considerably so now come Q1 they were are to blow it out.

Did you not read that Farxiga sales were up a whopping 54% in Q1 2021? This is outpacing the competition.

up 54% but starting with a low base. Sure it’s nice growth but it should have been a lot more based on label advantages vs other SGLT2i’s and recent formulary wins.

Jardiance has significantly more volume and their new start volume is much higher. Who cares about the % growth. We need more patients but competition is getting them. Come on people. Sell sell sell.

If you don't have at least a 20% NRX share, you suck at what you do. Don't blame marketing, blame yourself, because you suck.

You must work down south??? Thats an easy comment to make when there are many areas that have had 20% preferred coverage for the last five years and only have access to 30% of their docs. Would love to see you come out west and spend a year out here and see how you do loser.

Now thats a great question and im sure will cause debate....but I can tell you it depends if you are "specialty" or PC. It also can vary greatly on your experience or how badly the Regional wants you.

Was closer to 50% but yes strong growth with Farxiga. However this year could look inflated due to the drop in volume last year because of the pandemic. In my region a lot of us are suffering with Farxiga goals being high because we were out in the field last year and continued to grow. It was actually pointless because none of us were recognized for our efforts and as a result while our goals continued to rise most of the nation was sitting at home. Their goals dropped considerably so now come Q1 they were are to blow it out.

500 were recognized in Dec with a pink slip!

I agree. AZ is probably one of the lowest paying but then again you will get more as an external.
I had coworkers who were with the company ranging from a few years to 10+ and they left for different companies. Each one of them got between 30-40% base pay raise by jumping ship. The raises here are minimal and they never adjust salary or bonus. In fact the bonus has been the same since I started almost 7 years ago.

I see. Is $130K reasonable for an external candidate?
Depends on what division you are applying for. I could see you getting that if you were going fora biologics position. Though they would probably pay you a lot more since your external.

For Primary care I'm not sure. I had a coworker who left and made close to that amount. They were with AZ for around 15 years and were a senior executive rep aka CL5. Most externals are brought in at a CL3 but sometimes if you have enough experience they can bring you in as an executive aka CL4.

Unsure what the MRP is for specialty roles outside of biologics.

Depends on what division you are applying for. I could see you getting that if you were going fora biologics position. Though they would probably pay you a lot more since your external.

For Primary care I'm not sure. I had a coworker who left and made close to that amount. They were with AZ for around 15 years and were a senior executive rep aka CL5. Most externals are brought in at a CL3 but sometimes if you have enough experience they can bring you in as an executive aka CL4.

Unsure what the MRP is for specialty roles outside of biologics.

MRP at 100% is around 100k for a CL3 and around 121k for a CL4 based on the 2020 ranges for the PC team - 133k for a CL5, if curious. Chances of a new hire PC rep getting a 130k base is pretty much impossible. Very rarely do we bring people in above 100% MRP.