• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Fake calls investigation

Anonymous

I heard from a friend from Chicago that after a nationwide audit of HCPs, management was outraged at the blatant percentage of fake calls that were entered. In fact they were so upset that managers will now be given the green light to launch audits if there is reason to be suspicious of a specific rep. Also HR has granted audit results as sufficient grounds for disciplinary action. It will be interesting to see if the number of calls entered will drop after the word gets out.

<

I heard from a friend from Chicago that after a nationwide audit of HCPs, management was outraged at the blatant percentage of fake calls that were entered. In fact they were so upset that managers will now be given the green light to launch audits if there is reason to be suspicious of a specific rep. Also HR has granted audit results as sufficient grounds for disciplinary action. It will be interesting to see if the number of calls entered will drop after the word gets out.

They were calling there stock broker instead.

Fewer calls per day is ok if everyone does it. I bet there will be some managers who will look the other way to keep the number up though.

All pharma is a big pyramid scheme. If you take out the reps for fake calls there will be less need for managers. No worries here I'm gong keep forging to show 8 per day baby!

Without fake calls(details only) there would be more damage then good done. oFFices are restricting access already and are not happy to see reps anymore,
Since Met, Humira and HCV are grossly overstaffed considering the few valid targets that are truly receptive, it is top managments fault for this fake calling.

I am in one of the three above franchises and know many others who work in all of these. This is our justification. If we were really seeing these few offices at the frequency requested, we would be thrown out and our numbers would drop.
Until the bosses wise up and reduce our salesforces down to reduced, required levels, fake calls is the only solution that prevents cratering the numbers due to disgusted and pissed off docs.

On the other hand, love the 3 hour workdays! Tues to Thursday!

Just more proof pharmaceutical sales is a part time position made full time by liars.

Just more proof pharmaceutical sales is a part time position made full time by liars.

you obviously have not been lucky enough to enjoy the fruits of this gig. Its called being "passionate about the health of the patients." LMAO. Its really all about screwing patients out of their very last dime for their drugs so you can maintain a completely unnecessary workforce who panders to physicians.
Its called riding the wave and right now many of us are just lovin it! Been ridin it for over 20 years and plan to continue as long as they let me.

Mass amounts of fake calls are nothing new. Just how do they plan to audit. Unless they have location based technology or make in person visits, there is not much they can do. They will never bother calling Des offices to see if the doctor was in that day. I can't even get through to my own doctor, and I am a patient. When I call my drs office I get a call center.

Mass amounts of fake calls are nothing new. Just how do they plan to audit. Unless they have location based technology or make in person visits, there is not much they can do. They will never bother calling Des offices to see if the doctor was in that day. I can't even get through to my own doctor, and I am a patient. When I call my drs office I get a call center.

No access to your own Dr.? What a LOSER LOL!

What is a doctor?

Every call we make is fake so why is it all of a sudden a problem? Corporate is absolutely delusional!

OP here, I forgot to add that management was really surprised that there staffing level was based on such a fraudulent attainment of share of voice.

For many yearsI have felt the call reporting is the biggest waste of time and money in this industry. Companies spend lots of money putting together their own system to have reps report calls, and then spend additional money to have people monitor the system.

For many yearsI have felt the call reporting is the biggest waste of time and money in this industry. Companies spend lots of money putting together their own system to have reps report calls, and then spend additional money to have people monitor the system.

Big pharma sales management is built on senseless metrics, especially calls/day.