• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Eye Care Future

anonymous

Anyone seriously think the cuts are seriously done? Restasis is basically on life support and the glaucoma portfolio really doesnt show much annual growth.

They've been saying for years that the dry eye franchise was the future of eye care now thats been blown up like an Irish car bomb.

Seems to me that lumigan, combigan and alphagan could easily be handled by an inside sales team and samples could be shipped. Just some thoughts to ponder as I look at this gigantic territory with 80% glaucoma weighting with nothing really new to say.....

<

I think the future of eye care is pretty obvious, the better question is how did the executive leadership expand the sales force knowing this sad end was coming? Did they truly believe there was a future for their sales team or were they knowingly milking these professionals for every last Restasis script? The fact that our leadership team is still in place answers this question I suppose

I think the future of eye care is pretty obvious, the better question is how did the executive leadership expand the sales force knowing this sad end was coming? Did they truly believe there was a future for their sales team or were they knowingly milking these professionals for every last Restasis script? The fact that our leadership team is still in place answers this question I suppose
It was Bill M who decided expand the restasis team to milk every last script, knowing full well what was the product was facing. Forest leadership runs this show and they are toxic. You would have to beborn with absolutely no empathy for other people to say what they say and then do what they do. They gambled and lost, gambled and lost on the pfizer acquisition and the indian tribe deal. Believe none of what you see and none of what you hear. Having no one left in R and D in eye care except a skeleton crew tells you all that you need to know.