• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Eagle Cam

They are mostly eating fish, and some pretty big ones at that. The pecking doesn't seem as bad as it was early on and both Eaglets seem to be getting fairly equal amounts of food. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they both make it - The Pittsburgh nest had 3 survive last year.

yeah, pretty amazing that 3 made it last year, and none this year.....life -- it doesn't matter if it be animal or human, there is no control over fate.

Oklahoma got hit with a tornado -- 4 nests and 7 eaglets gone. Don't know about the adult eagles. Wow...that's a big loss.

Last edited:

A big loss indeed - compared to tornadoes, I will take the cold PA weather any day.

Amen to that. I forgot to tell you B/N. Two Sundays ago I drove up to Weissport to see how the bike path was. Where the rafters dock or land I had the good luck to see an eagle flying north to your area. I was so suprised I barley got a picture of it.

Amen to that. I forgot to tell you B/N. Two Sundays ago I drove up to Weissport to see how the bike path was. Where the rafters dock or land I had the good luck to see an eagle flying north to your area. I was so suprised I barley got a picture of it.

There is a very healthy population of Eagles up and down the gorge. I am hoping the water is good within the next two weeks or so for my first kayak trip of the year. I start at Drakes Creek and take out at the Glen.

There is a very healthy population of Eagles up and down the gorge. I am hoping the water is good within the next two weeks or so for my first kayak trip of the year. I start at Drakes Creek and take out at the Glen.

I have only biked to the water treatment plant of Jim Thorpe. Just caint get cross the Lehigh. I have never been north of that plant. I understand that a new bridge is bing built around Rt 903.

I have only biked to the water treatment plant of Jim Thorpe. Just caint get cross the Lehigh. I have never been north of that plant. I understand that a new bridge is bing built around Rt 903.

Check out the trail that runs from White Haven to Jim Thorpe - It's a 25 mile trek and mostly flat or downhill - It will take you right through the Gorge with a great chance to spot some eagles along the way.

Thanks for that -- I wish I could copy/paste that on to the comments....there are STILL people talking about how the eagles look sad....WHAT??? The fiercest face on any bird looks sad. I think these folks must be in a nursing home and just don't get out.

Thanks for that -- I wish I could copy/paste that on to the comments....there are STILL people talking about how the eagles look sad....WHAT??? The fiercest face on any bird looks sad. I think these folks must be in a nursing home and just don't get out.

That article cracked me up - I think some of those people live in a basement with no windows or steps. It's all part of nature and the eagles are fine.

The Hanover nest is doing good - not as much pecking now - both eaglets seem to be getting along and there is more than enough food for them.

There sure is a lot of fish in that nest....uneaten...I guess they'll start emptying the trash soon.

There are some nice size trout in the nest - I wish I could catch fish that big! The nest looks like a butcher shop - Time for some spring cleaning.[/QUOTE said:
Do they have a fishing license?:D

Watching one of the parents feeding now. Both babies are getting food.

We have Ospreys here that either drop their dinner or clean their nests and the trash ends up in the backyard. It's wonderful when your dog rolls in a stinky, decaying dead fish.

The one about how stupid it is to have a memorial with plastic flowers, and notes to the eagles....you posted the link in an earlier post here.