• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Duane’s stupid email this morning

anonymous

I love how idiot Duane on the CV team acts like he’s being so honest and transparent with us just because of the email he sent us. He’s an ass. He’s still leading reps on and using them to sell the 2 stupid drugs until he wants them laid off

<

And, all reps knew this real time last Friday. Regional maps with number of Areas assigned went around very quickly and they were common knowledge by Friday afternoon. The ‘OneCV’ approach that they preach actually works behind the scenes. They are so pompous as they dole out bits of info that we already know of for 5 days now. 5 minutes after the previous PSS regional maps were shown a couple weeks ago, every rep in the country saw them within an hour.

All u need to know is that we just cancelled the hyped UK study for our amazing 9.9B Medicine company purchase

they haven’t even laid us off yet and they are cancelling studies

I’ve never seen anyone laugh at the presenter during a general session. That was stunning.

I agree. I have been around medical sales a very long time, and I have never seen such complete contempt and disrespect toward a member of of senior management.
He earns every bit of it as that sweaty, clammy, lip-smacking debacle was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen. That said, it was still stunning to see people openly mocking him in real time.

I have been at 3 Fortune 500 companies with various leaders. I can honestly say, since the departure of Mike Exton the culture and level of professionalism has greatly diminished. All things aside, CV leadership has ultimately dictated the falling level of achievement, autonomy and cultivation within the CV division. Since the debauchery on stage by Duane, this sales force will never follow him again and he has lost all credibility and respect. If the sales force is being dismantled and organized, I would be the first to advocate for leadership positions to follow suit. I have never witnessed a more lackluster panel of folks who are so out of tune with their sales force and customer base. I have also never seen a product launch so poorly based on accusation (even with an added year to figure it out). I have NEVER had a clinician question the clinical efficacy or either Leqvio or Entresto. The core issue is the layer and layers of “account folks” (thank god they finally figured out the ADSOCs were only in the way and taking credit for the work by the field), as well as lacking of charisma and direction from above. Novartis is always trying to reinvent the wheel. Simply emulate what currently works in a buy-and-bill schematic and adjust as necessary. If I had a vote, Duane would be the first individual to shoulder the failure of leqvio over the last year and shame on him/others for telling themselves the sales force isn’t getting it done because of call volume, lack of coordination with PSS and fighting for scripts with PCP. If you want a winning culture and division, we need a strong, inspirational and charismatic leader who fully understands the market and sales force. We need fewer layers and more autonomy. We need additional strong CV reps, not PCP reps and a thrown-together field.

I have been at 3 Fortune 500 companies with various leaders. I can honestly say, since the departure of Mike Exton the culture and level of professionalism has greatly diminished. All things aside, CV leadership has ultimately dictated the falling level of achievement, autonomy and cultivation within the CV division. Since the debauchery on stage by Duane, this sales force will never follow him again and he has lost all credibility and respect. If the sales force is being dismantled and organized, I would be the first to advocate for leadership positions to follow suit. I have never witnessed a more lackluster panel of folks who are so out of tune with their sales force and customer base. I have also never seen a product launch so poorly based on accusation (even with an added year to figure it out). I have NEVER had a clinician question the clinical efficacy or either Leqvio or Entresto. The core issue is the layer and layers of “account folks” (thank god they finally figured out the ADSOCs were only in the way and taking credit for the work by the field), as well as lacking of charisma and direction from above. Novartis is always trying to reinvent the wheel. Simply emulate what currently works in a buy-and-bill schematic and adjust as necessary. If I had a vote, Duane would be the first individual to shoulder the failure of leqvio over the last year and shame on him/others for telling themselves the sales force isn’t getting it done because of call volume, lack of coordination with PSS and fighting for scripts with PCP. If you want a winning culture and division, we need a strong, inspirational and charismatic leader who fully understands the market and sales force. We need fewer layers and more autonomy. We need additional strong CV reps, not PCP reps and a thrown-together field.

some pcp reps are better and work harder than some CV.

Please don't rewrite history, Mike Exton was a culture killer and he hired Duane.

In our territory, CV is getting a lot of credit for a lot of Leqvio they didn’t generate. As an under appreciated, overworked PCP rep, I’m tired of working so hard to get Leqvio going so our CV reps and FRM can take credit for our work.

In our territory, CV is getting a lot of credit for a lot of Leqvio they didn’t generate. As an under appreciated, overworked PCP rep, I’m tired of working so hard to get Leqvio going so our CV reps and FRM can take credit for our work.
I wish folks would acknowledge that PCP has generated Orders and at a minimum drove the idea for PCP's confused over "pathways" to refer patients to Cards for Leqvio. That said most PCP territories aren't covering costs considering that Entresto is on its way out Summer 2024. Leqvio sales won't support 2 reps let alone 4 reps for another 4 years. If you are cutting sales reps then please have the financial maturity to cut out the bloated home office and CV team. There is no one in leadership I trust. The bigger a Pharma company gets it the more bloated and delusional they become.

I wish folks would acknowledge that PCP has generated Orders and at a minimum drove the idea for PCP's confused over "pathways" to refer patients to Cards for Leqvio. That said most PCP territories aren't covering costs considering that Entresto is on its way out Summer 2024. Leqvio sales won't support 2 reps let alone 4 reps for another 4 years. If you are cutting sales reps then please have the financial maturity to cut out the bloated home office and CV team. There is no one in leadership I trust. The bigger a Pharma company gets it the more bloated and delusional they become.
You are spot on. Another round of layoffs coming next year after Entresto goes.

Yep

Can a bunch of people now.

Squeeze as many RXs as we can over the next 12-18 months before Entresto goes generic

Then layoff around round of people

The only thing saving any of us is if they go buy a company, keep us and dump the other company’s people