Downsizing

Wow, so accurate information. Sad to see that many positions being eliminated but is heartwarming to notice Genentech's support to its people. Probably the best in the industry . If some one is displaced unfortunately the person would be paid till March 15th and 4 month of company paid health benefits. Good luck every one on Nov 9th. We all will survive and thrive no matter what. Take care all.

Wow, so accurate information. Sad to see that many positions being eliminated but is heartwarming to notice Genentech's support to its people. Probably the best in the industry . If some one is displaced unfortunately the person would be paid till March 15th and 4 month of company paid health benefits. Good luck every one on Nov 9th. We all will survive and thrive no matter what. Take care all.
While I agree with you that Genentech supports people during times of layoffs, I have to disagree with your rosey outlook. Some will land jobs that offer significant decreases in pay and benefits and some will never land back into pharma. If your lucky enough to land another gig, you will be required to work 3X harder than you ever worked for AND there are companies that actually hold you accountable. No pods and no team awards and team bonuses. No excuses for “unfair territories”. No more rock concerts, Mercedes comp cars or puppy therapies. It’s a brutal market place in pharma unemployment land. Brace yourselves for impact. It ain’t gonna be pretty. Good luck, you’re gonna need it.

While I agree with you that Genentech supports people during times of layoffs, I have to disagree with your rosey outlook. Some will land jobs that offer significant decreases in pay and benefits and some will never land back into pharma. If your lucky enough to land another gig, you will be required to work 3X harder than you ever worked for AND there are companies that actually hold you accountable. No pods and no team awards and team bonuses. No excuses for “unfair territories”. No more rock concerts, Mercedes comp cars or puppy therapies. It’s a brutal market place in pharma unemployment land. Brace yourselves for impact. It ain’t gonna be pretty. Good luck, you’re gonna need it.
This is such a true comment! There is life after Genentech but you will have to hustle to land somewhere!

Genentech does not take care of their own unless you are part of the good old boy network. Have been gone for two years and it is the best thing ever. You all will be okay!

Hey Pollyanna: STFU ASSHAT

You are trolling. Basically, most alternate jobs in industry will have sub par support for IT, Human Resources and training. You also get managers who feel that only the number of visits and how aggressive you are is the way to “sell” drugs. Lastly, they bottom feed on pay. I dealt with it but it takes a few years to get back to even.

All these calls yesterday did were create more questions that mgmt will not answer. Why tell us anything and then do nothing. Get on with it and let us know who is staying and who is going. They already know.

All these calls yesterday did were create more questions that mgmt will not answer. Why tell us anything and then do nothing. Get on with it and let us know who is staying and who is going. They already know.
I think they are waiting for final sign off from legal, is why this is taking so long. It's painful to wait. Good luck everyone.

I think they are waiting for final sign off from legal, is why this is taking so long. It's painful to wait. Good luck everyone.

Many more are going to be laid off that what has been discussed. Bill has a plan for you that will not make anyone happy. November 9th is going to be a very sad day, with many bitter and surprised people.

You will need more than good luck. With many companies experiencing layoffs during the last quarter, there will be a lot of people on the street.

Many more are going to be laid off that what has been discussed. Bill has a plan for you that will not make anyone happy. November 9th is going to be a very sad day, with many bitter and surprised people.

You will need more than good luck. With many companies experiencing layoffs during the last quarter, there will be a lot of people on the street.

Eat shit and die fat lonely troll

Eat shit and die fat lonely troll

Please, do not be angry. I spoke with Rev.U R Fukd this weekend. Please reach out and talk with him, bring comfort to your soul. Hundreds will lose their jobs soon. The food pantry at St.Bendovers is fully stocked again. We have lots of Peanut Butter and saltines for you. We do not have money for your expensive rent or crazy mortgages, you are truly Fukd there. Let us bring peace to your soul during the Holliday season. You and hundreds of your fellow former Genentech employees will find a way to get beyound November 9th as hundreds face uncertainity. Reach out to Rev Fukd, get past that you are getting Fukd on November 9th.