• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

Does anyone know what’s going on?

anonymous

Honest question, does anyone really know what’s going on here? I feel like this company imploded back in June and I’m having a hard time following all these “70%” decisions.

The lady running Izervay just got up on stage 2 weeks ago talking sunshine and rainbows and resigned the next week. Who the hell let her on stage to begin with? What a bad signal

The writing has been on the wall for a long time now. Veozah will never be what Japan needs. Worse days coming
Fezo "relaunch" is delusional at best.
Is this some kind of do over?
Get more celebrity spokeswomen. Not the Kardashians.
Shame those payers and doctors that are fine with treating low T but deny fezo.
This isn't rocket science.

Fezo "relaunch" is delusional at best.
Is this some kind of do over?
Get more celebrity spokeswomen. Not the Kardashians.
Shame those payers and doctors that are fine with treating low T but deny fezo.
This isn't rocket science.
Relaunch the drug they hyped to be $2 Billion dollar blockbuster that didn’t need reps and would sell itself….. the reimbursement team gleeful shared how they would need to negotiate with managed care companies. They would be running to stock our GAME CHANGER….

The lady running Izervay just got up on stage 2 weeks ago talking sunshine and rainbows and resigned the next week. Who the hell let her on stage to begin with? What a bad signal
The "lady running izervay" was given the job as an "interim" position. Once privy to the inner working at Astellas, I don't blame her for bolting.

As an izervay legacy rep- I can tell you Astellas has been a HORRIBLE move for is, except the stock payout we recieved. There's been no training on astellas procedures and platforms

Izervay is a great drug with best in class sales reps.
Sadly the open positions are being filled with GROSSLY unqualified reps that should not even get a courtesy interview.
Retina is extreamly technical- and it's buy & bill @ over $2k a pop. Even eyecare reps struggle in retina.
Astellas is the worst run company in my very long pharma career.

Well now there is a “guy running Izervay” with no sales or marketing experience- hopefully just interim. How do you super reps feel about managers or directors with no retina experience?

Well now there is a “guy running Izervay” with no sales or marketing experience- hopefully just interim. How do you super reps feel about managers or directors with no retina experience?
It is clear that Retina here at Astellas is being turned into primary care. Call metrics continuing, ridiculous quotas all add up to what will be an underwhelming continuation of a launch. I do believe Izervay is a good product, but our competition is getting the better of us.

The "lady running izervay" was given the job as an "interim" position. Once privy to the inner working at Astellas, I don't blame her for bolting.

As an izervay legacy rep- I can tell you Astellas has been a HORRIBLE move for is, except the stock payout we recieved. There's been no training on astellas procedures and platforms

Izervay is a great drug with best in class sales reps.
Sadly the open positions are being filled with GROSSLY unqualified reps that should not even get a courtesy interview.
Retina is extreamly technical- and it's buy & bill @ over $2k a pop. Even eyecare reps struggle in retina.
Astellas is the worst run company in my very long pharma career.
Wow, you gotta love reps like you that imply no one can learn how to do what you do. You weren't born w buy & bill experience and yes there are others that can do exactly what your high ego implies. “Best in class sales reps”? How does your head fit through the door???

Wow, you gotta love reps like you that imply no one can learn how to do what you do. You weren't born w buy & bill experience and yes there are others that can do exactly what your high ego implies. “Best in class sales reps”? How does your head fit through the door???
Do you really mean best in class lunch caterer?

Miles and Davina, get your resumes ready for Opthea next year
And everyone else. It isn’t arrogance, working within retina and the PE groups and providers that make up the specialty take a long time to map. And Astellas just consistently say “yeah ok, I think we know what we are doing. Thanks.”

Talk about arrogance and blind confidence! It’s a failing company because of folks who got lazy. You have three people doing what one did at iveric. And doing it poorly hidden behind of a wall of remit crap and pass the blame.

We are fighting to launch a drug still and Astellas and its culture is a huge anchor. Thanks!