Did Gomez ever get his degree ?

<

Really, what's it to you? He be making $8,000,000 in salary (before stock grants) and you be makin' what, half that? No, less? Whiner. You don't have the nuts to roll up and do what it takes to make what even I do. So shut up. We do what you don't want to do, and we get compensated for it.... what's the issue there? IF (big "IF") you could do what we can do, you would be making it big in industry, any industry, but you can't. Or won't. Either way it doesn't matter. So STFU. We do it and get paid for it. And live happily ever after. End of story.
One more thing, just to show you how little you know, the stock grants at my crummy level, already double my salary. How much are YOUR stock grants giving you and your family?
The real issue is this: You can stay at an entry level position for as long as we decide in management, or you can step up to the plate and take on more responsibility and get compensated for it. If you don't step up, don't complain about our salaries. And leave your future in our hands.
Goodnight. GB

Boring jealousy! :(

Criticism for a figurehead who misled the public for years is not necessarily jealousy. There are some people who were brought up with ideals and do not aspire to be criminals (white collar or not). You are obviously a complete sheep running with the herd because you are afraid to say that this kind of deception bothers you. When you go to the store and buy a diamond, is it okay for the shopkeeper to give you a piece of plastic? Do you adulate such a shopkeeper for having the balls to swindle the public and make millions off the deception. No, you go to the police and file a complaint, dimwit. This scenario is similar on many levels. If you can't see that you are obviously an idiot or con man just like our fearless leader. It might behoove AbbVie to get a better leader. It is possible that more would be achieved with someone who has a few degrees. Why not try it? They say education is useful. Perhaps you wouldn't be worried for your job stability if your leaders had led better?

Criticism for a figurehead who misled the public for years is not necessarily jealousy. There are some people who were brought up with ideals and do not aspire to be criminals (white collar or not). You are obviously a complete sheep running with the herd because you are afraid to say that this kind of deception bothers you. When you go to the store and buy a diamond, is it okay for the shopkeeper to give you a piece of plastic? Do you adulate such a shopkeeper for having the balls to swindle the public and make millions off the deception. No, you go to the police and file a complaint, dimwit. This scenario is similar on many levels. If you can't see that you are obviously an idiot or con man just like our fearless leader. It might behoove AbbVie to get a better leader. It is possible that more would be achieved with someone who has a few degrees. Why not try it? They say education is useful. Perhaps you wouldn't be worried for your job stability if your leaders had led better?

And what impact does RG's education, or lack of it, have on your day-to-day life? I have yet to speak with a doctor who made his/her prescribing decisions based on our CEO's educational background. Is Abbott/Abbvie's financial performance worse than other pharma companies? Look, the Company is going to do what it's going to do, no matter how much we disapprove. I'm more concerned about the industry trend to move toward smaller sales forces and focus on specialty meds rather than mass-market drugs. In St Louis, we had a Town Hall meeting last week with JS, JH, MR, JD, etc, where the CC team was told it would be toast in a few months. No new drugs, no co-promotion, no future. Sure, I could rage about how we were led to believe leadership was actively seeking new opportunities, or that there would be ample opportunities to move into when LOE hit our products, but all that will do is spike my blood pressure. Instead, I'm trying to put my anger aside and concentrate on my future. At this point, whatever RG does is immaterial to me. It's time to move on.

And what impact does RG's education, or lack of it, have on your day-to-day life? I have yet to speak with a doctor who made his/her prescribing decisions based on our CEO's educational background. Is Abbott/Abbvie's financial performance worse than other pharma companies? Look, the Company is going to do what it's going to do, no matter how much we disapprove. I'm more concerned about the industry trend to move toward smaller sales forces and focus on specialty meds rather than mass-market drugs. In St Louis, we had a Town Hall meeting last week with JS, JH, MR, JD, etc, where the CC team was told it would be toast in a few months. No new drugs, no co-promotion, no future. Sure, I could rage about how we were led to believe leadership was actively seeking new opportunities, or that there would be ample opportunities to move into when LOE hit our products, but all that will do is spike my blood pressure. Instead, I'm trying to put my anger aside and concentrate on my future. At this point, whatever RG does is immaterial to me. It's time to move on.

The impact is that, like criminals, if one gets away with it and this activity is accepted then, trust me, it will become more pervasive in society, and eventually there will be no value to anything other than cheating, lying and deception. Nothing good will ever be created because good will no longer be rewarded, only fraud, smoke and mirrors, and cheating will be revered. In a nutshell only selfish assholes like you will be revered. T This results in complete chaos and the fall of civilization. But then I look a little further than my bellybutton. It is clear you do not. Thus mutiny on the bounty. Go for it.

Finally, a very mature observation. Thanks!

There may be no impact on you life, but it just affirms what a corrupt corporation AbbVie/Abbott is. In almost any other company he would have been immediately asked to resign for misrepresenting himself. You yourself would have been immediately sacked if HR found out you did not have a degree. No severance, no nothing.

There may be no impact on you life, but it just affirms what a corrupt corporation AbbVie/Abbott is. In almost any other company he would have been immediately asked to resign for misrepresenting himself. You yourself would have been immediately sacked if HR found out you did not have a degree. No severance, no nothing.

Excellent point. I don't know why so many just don't get it.