• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Deep State Leaker Arrested Dozens More To Follow

Bullshit. Suddenly Paul Ryan and others are throwing around the idea that maybe Trump did do some of the things that Comey recounted but they say it's all right because Donald is new to the office and might not have realized that what he was doing was inappropriate.They're calling it the "ignorance defense."

One of the first axioms every grade school kid learns is "ignorance of the law is no excuse." If a grade school kid knows it, wouldn't you think our president might figure it out?

Why should he bother? Obama never did! :eek:

It's not a leak if it isn't classified information and 'hope' isn't obstruction. This is an absurd discussion. .

Not absurd at all. It is a discussion worth having. Classified or not, Comey was testing government property like it was his personal property to leak. There is s very good chance that it wasn't. So it is a pertinent discussion.

Looks like Comey may be joining her. A winner and a loser.

Comey is a weak, cowardly (by his own admission mind you) self-serving incompetent. He deserved to be canned by Donald as FBI director purely for his incompetence and lack of character.

There is NO evidence he knuckled under to Trump or that Trump asked him to do so. It is now an established fact that he knuckled under to the corrupt Loretta Lynch.

Comey is garbage.

Not absurd at all. It is a discussion worth having. Classified or not, Comey was testing government property like it was his personal property to leak. There is s very good chance that it wasn't. So it is a pertinent discussion.

It's all pertinent discussion material. What Trump did was also on the edge of obstruction but not quite there. Reminds me of living in Missouri years ago and keeping a $20 tucked behind my driver's license. If I got stopped, the cop could take it one of 2 ways. Usually the just took the $20 and gave me a warning. Once they didn't but since no explicit words were said, it wasn't attempted bribery. But we all knew what it meant. Neither of these 2 men will be convicted of anything and we're now set to spend millions of dollars in 'hearings' where Congressmen and women put on a dog and pony show for their constituency - so they can keep their jobs.

Drain the swamp? Hell, this IS the swamp, just a different swamp. :p

Last edited: