• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

Company cars or car allowance

It’s a lose lose deal. They want you buying a 35k vehicle while giving you peanuts in monthly allowance. Take a good 12k off your annual salary to account for it. Sucks
That’s crazy. The base salaries here are not great either. Typical big Pharma pay scale but at least big Pharma has free cars and gas.

No more car allowance. Mileage only. Very few companies offer company cars. Government put a stop to all of the perks.
Wrong- most bigger pharma companies provide fleet vehicles. Almost all of the pharma reps I see in the field are driving fleet cars- Chevy Equinox, Volvo v40, Toyota Rav, Camry and Highlander, and maybe a few Ford Explorers are what I am seeing.

Wrong- most bigger pharma companies provide fleet vehicles. Almost all of the pharma reps I see in the field are driving fleet cars- Chevy Equinox, Volvo v40, Toyota Rav, Camry and Highlander, and maybe a few Ford Explorers are what I am seeing.
No co car is cheap way out for the company. Reps lose out on this deal big time.

No co car is cheap way out for the company. Reps lose out on this deal big time.
Look at the aggregate savings of driving a free car. Its actually worth about an additional $20K per year. Plus if you factor in taking money out of a high yield savings or money market fund to buy or lease a car for this gig, its certainly not a good return on your investment.

Look at the aggregate savings of driving a free car. Its actually worth about an additional $20K per year. Plus if you factor in taking money out of a high yield savings or money market fund to buy or lease a car for this gig, its certainly not a good return on your investment.
Nope can be very misleading. Co car, fuel and vehicle maintenance is guaranteed up from money. 10k raise in salary does not cover the financial loss.

So did anyone get more than $600 per month on car allowance?

So did anyone get more than $600 per month on car allowance?
Oh lose the attitude you company homer. It’s bush league that company is milking reps any out of pocket expenses for auto period. Fuel costs drills us reps who are actually out there working for majority of what this cheap company offers in monthly auto allowance. Why do they bleed us for 5-7k annual out of pocket expenses like that?
Would be so easy to keep us happy and cover these expenses.

Oh lose the attitude you company homer. It’s bush league that company is milking reps any out of pocket expenses for auto period. Fuel costs drills us reps who are actually out there working for majority of what this cheap company offers in monthly auto allowance. Why do they bleed us for 5-7k annual out of pocket expenses like that?
Would be so easy to keep us happy and cover these expenses.
I’m no company homer. The $600 I received is ridiculously low. I agree this company is cheap. Is $600 the cap?