• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

Cluster 1 October Layoffs TO BE MASSIVE !!!!!!!!

Came to PFE via another company. Saw All of the above. What really got to me was the activity for activity's sake, so when we didn't make quota.....which were moving targets...we had the excuse of " look at all I did,not my fault. Managers pushed a lunch a day..or two, 2 speaker dinners a week, minimum. We gave money to every request, displayed at every conference, etc. with absolutely no regard for roi. A total joke. I was reprimanded for not spending enough money even though I continually led the district and region in sales! Three managers in four years....all idiots and yes men to the dysfunctional rm. I had to leave or either punch somebody or start drinking heavily. Left for device sales, totally different culture, rewards results, not lunches and samples, and doesn't give a damn about anything but sales. Manager calls once a week....do you need anything? Can I help you? Talk to you next week. Field ride twice this year, made two calls, lunch, business discussion, keep up the good work and call me if you need me.
Business, not elementary school programming us, memorizing our pitch word for word...all the ridiculous bullshit. If you are layed off, you may not believe it now, but in a short time, you will be a much happier person.

we are not a result based organization anymore. we hear all the time if you get results you will get rewarded, but that is complete BS. we need a 3rd party to come in and completely clean house at HQ

Pfizer or Merck? posted same on Merck forum but somebody in Nov. is cleaning house of reps..wife's friend works side job doing sample audits,, just a couple maybe a month..they got word come Nov. to be ready for 20+ audits (1000+ nationwide) ..either company is gung ho to count some samples or they plan on closing lot of folks out.

Pfizer or Merck? posted same on Merck forum but somebody in Nov. is cleaning house of reps..wife's friend works side job doing sample audits,, just a couple maybe a month..they got word come Nov. to be ready for 20+ audits (1000+ nationwide) ..either company is gung ho to count some samples or they plan on closing lot of folks out.

yea and my friend works for a fleet company and they were told to come in on a weekend and collect cars

another friend works for the gas side and closing out gas cards.

BLAH BLAH BLAH you're post is stupid and we hear that stuff every time there is a re-org. it's the urban legend of pharma

"we hear that stuff every time there is a re-org." , uh, yeah, funny how you hear that stuff every time there's a re-org coming and then a re-org happens..must be a coincidence, just saying if you had $10 bucks, I'd bet $5 on PF and $5 on Merck having reorg this Nov.

you'll win both bets.

Calls go out this Wed for PF PC, and Merck had a CC that specific salesforces would downsize. Merck PC just downsized PC a few months ago, so don't expect to see them do it again in before end of 2014.

I believe Merck is shrinking infertility, some women's health, and other targeted sales groups. Not a huge number, but cuts none the less

You keep the cars for 2-3 months. They don't cut off your card. There is a process every rep went through all these years. It's gonna be fine either way. Reps land on their feet all the time that have been laid off with Pfizer. We've seen it for years! It may not pay as much but that's the real world. Stay humble and remember that's why you choose family over a job.

Came to PFE via another company. Saw All of the above. What really got to me was the activity for activity's sake, so when we didn't make quota.....which were moving targets...we had the excuse of " look at all I did,not my fault. Managers pushed a lunch a day..or two, 2 speaker dinners a week, minimum. We gave money to every request, displayed at every conference, etc. with absolutely no regard for roi. A total joke. I was reprimanded for not spending enough money even though I continually led the district and region in sales! Three managers in four years....all idiots and yes men to the dysfunctional rm. I had to leave or either punch somebody or start drinking heavily. Left for device sales, totally different culture, rewards results, not lunches and samples, and doesn't give a damn about anything but sales. Manager calls once a week....do you need anything? Can I help you? Talk to you next week. Field ride twice this year, made two calls, lunch, business discussion, keep up the good work and call me if you need me.
Business, not elementary school programming us, memorizing our pitch word for word...all the ridiculous bullshit. If you are layed off, you may not believe it now, but in a short time, you will be a much happier person.

So true. Came over from Pharmacia and could not believe the focus on activity and spending of money vs selling. Reps were all trying to get their name to a program regardless of the percent to quota just to add it to their activity sheet. Not impressed at all. Even 3 in a car was a huge joke RMs checked the box with time in field

So true. Came over from Pharmacia and could not believe the focus on activity and spending of money vs selling. Reps were all trying to get their name to a program regardless of the percent to quota just to add it to their activity sheet. Not impressed at all. Even 3 in a car was a huge joke RMs checked the box with time in field

Focus on activity + spending budget by May + addition of multiple field forces to sell one drug +promoting of Pfizer bottom feeders and cronies to management and marketing leads

= sinking of a once powerful company

Horrible news today! Many good employees let go!

Good employees, but this isn't a real job with real responsibilities. If you don't make your quota for your whole career but show you are capable of doing so, is that really a real job? Answer is no. Not sure it is worth trying since actual sales results dont matter.