Class Action Suit

Wait, isn't that ranking and performance based management? I thought they wanted us to fight among one another for the cheese. I think they kinda get off on it too.

Divide and Conquer! I am sure there are some within each team that almost certainly know their fate? Or everyone is in the total dark? Who knows?

Can you imagine the celebration if we got a twofor and both of these incompetent beotches were let go? The fact that they are still employed here is a testimonial to how sick and twisted this company has become.

On the new year's day, here's a dangerous thought - what if the company fails to ID the performers and decides to keep all the losers and incompetants?

With lay-offs/Separation looming over heads, company is going to protect itself from any kind of law suits. They will most certainly make us to sign a No-Legal Suit declaration. However, company will not be protected against the Age, Race, etc. lawsuits if they targeted a specific employee group. My question is - Can the company be sued by a "Class Action Suit" from newly hired employees if the company decided to lay most of them off? What was the logic behind hiring so many new reps? Only to get rid of them or hire them to get rid of existing employees with a long standing, dedicated service?

Looks like we lost track. I am going back to the OP. I spoke with a friend of a friend who is a corporate law attorney and handles teamsters at GM/FORD. He said if we signed "at will" agreement there is no way to challenge co.'s decision. However, in massive lay-offs compnaies some times do go over the board and go after a certain employee group. If their actions reflect any signs of "discrimanatory" actions that can be challenged in court.

Looks like we lost track. I am going back to the OP. I spoke with a friend of a friend who is a corporate law attorney and handles teamsters at GM/FORD. He said if we signed "at will" agreement there is no way to challenge co.'s decision. However, in massive lay-offs compnaies some times do go over the board and go after a certain employee group. If their actions reflect any signs of "discrimanatory" actions that can be challenged in court.

Over 40 years old is a federally protected class.

Just because they are good at illegally discriminating doesn't mean they aren't illegally discriminating, and they they can evade capture.

Look at how many times they have committed offenses and been placed on CIAs. Look at how many times they have been slapped by other fines and lawsuits.

Everyone knows they are ridding themselves of expensive tenured reps and keeping the young cheap naive pretty ones. It is illegal. There have been no such massive layoffs in the internet age, we are here and are already organized. At least we should hold their feet to the fire.

Over 40 years old is a federally protected class.

Good luck with that. I was terminated in 2009 layoff and consulted with an employment attorney before signing the "I WILL NOT SUE AZ IN MY LIFE BUT WANT MY SEVERANCE DOCUMENTS" and they said I had little chance of winning during a mass layoff. THere was a 5% chance of winning more money than I would pay out. Its a mass layoff and there is no leg to stand on if you are over 40 or 75 years old. DOESNT matter. I paid out $1500 to find this out. Dont waste your time or money. The attorney said that the employment at will document signed would protect AZ.

Good luck with that. I was terminated in 2009 layoff and consulted with an employment attorney before signing the "I WILL NOT SUE AZ IN MY LIFE BUT WANT MY SEVERANCE DOCUMENTS" and they said I had little chance of winning during a mass layoff. THere was a 5% chance of winning more money than I would pay out. Its a mass layoff and there is no leg to stand on if you are over 40 or 75 years old. DOESNT matter. I paid out $1500 to find this out. Dont waste your time or money. The attorney said that the employment at will document signed would protect AZ.
This absolutely not true. While agreed that a class actio suit would have little chance of making money for anyone except the attorney, you can file an individual civil suit for discrimination. Nothing, absolutely nothing including a severance agreement absolves a company from discriminating at any time against any employee. AZ has settle hundreds of these out of court with cash payouts just to make the problem and bad PR go away.

This absolutely not true. While agreed that a class actio suit would have little chance of making money for anyone except the attorney, you can file an individual civil suit for discrimination. Nothing, absolutely nothing including a severance agreement absolves a company from discriminating at any time against any employee. AZ has settle hundreds of these out of court with cash payouts just to make the problem and bad PR go away.
What is the final cut number for MMs? Please list the most notorious on the cut list.

What is the final cut number for MMs? Please list the most notorious on the cut list.
Now watch the editing begin to take place. No initials, no mention of names or even locations. One of the most incompetent and therefore insecure people in the company works in Managed Markets and spends much of her time editing comments on CP. So much time in fact, that it has become obvious to everyone by now. So ask yourself the question; what is she hiding from or why is this so important to her? If by some miracle or incredible error in judgement, whe survives this RIF, then we should really step up the campaign to expose them for the fraud that she is.

Now watch the editing begin to take place. No initials, no mention of names or even locations. One of the most incompetent and therefore insecure people in the company works in Managed Markets and spends much of her time editing comments on CP. So much time in fact, that it has become obvious to everyone by now. So ask yourself the question; what is she hiding from or why is this so important to her? If by some miracle or incredible error in judgement, whe survives this RIF, then we should really step up the campaign to expose them for the fraud that she is.
dude, read thru this thread because she has already deleted several posts one that gave her initials. that is why she was able to pull them so leave out the personal shit.

So AZ has had hundreds of discrimination suits filed against them which they have settled out of court?

And you know this how?

Any out of court settlement would include a non-disclosure which would keep both parties from discussing the settlement with anyone, so you didn't hear it from one of the litigants.

Was it in the press? If so I missed it hundreds of times. Perhaps you could direct me to your source.

So AZ has had hundreds of discrimination suits filed against them which they have settled out of court?

And you know this how?

Any out of court settlement would include a non-disclosure which would keep both parties from discussing the settlement with anyone, so you didn't hear it from one of the litigants.

Was it in the press? If so I missed it hundreds of times. Perhaps you could direct me to your source.

I am not the poster claiming out-of court settlements. However, Mr. Dumbass how many out of court discrimination suits have you read about in the newspapers? Pharma companies have historically settled multiple cases out of court and part of the setllement agreement is once you receive the payout you will shut your mouth for good. You are legally bound to keep mum and not share any details about the settlement. If they find you in default of the settlement, trust me, your ass will be in much bigger trouble than company's ever was!!

Hey let us know in 5 years when you get that court date so we can watch the circus of the rep who thought he could went to court to find the best legal firms representing AZ to lay your ass out.

They hired 3rd party legal firms who specialize on this, they aren't stupid...... (and it's pretty clear you are stupid)

If they have a mass layoff and layoff only, or mostly, the old representatives, it is illegal. If the basis for deciding whom to lay off is age that is as illegal as deciding to lay off mainly the black or female or Asian people.

It doesn't matter what documents they have on file, they are bound by the law.

If they have a mass layoff and layoff only, or mostly, the old representatives, it is illegal. If the basis for deciding whom to lay off is age that is as illegal as deciding to lay off mainly the black or female or Asian people.

It doesn't matter what documents they have on file, they are bound by the law.

They have been quietly culling older representatives through other measures.

If you have never dated a fat woman then you don't know what you are missing. They never turn you down, provide shade on hot sunny days, keep your fridge clear of those nasty leftovers, and if you lay them down at the end of your driveway they keep your basketball from running into the street. So see, she can deliver some value so lay off o.k.

I am not the poster claiming out-of court settlements. However, Mr. Dumbass how many out of court discrimination suits have you read about in the newspapers? Pharma companies have historically settled multiple cases out of court and part of the setllement agreement is once you receive the payout you will shut your mouth for good. You are legally bound to keep mum and not share any details about the settlement. If they find you in default of the settlement, trust me, your ass will be in much bigger trouble than company's ever was!!

Hey, I agree with you (except for the part where you called me a dumdass)!

There are no such stories for the reason you describe.

In light of this abscence of stories I was asking the OP what his evidence was for "AZ settling hundreds of discrimination cases out of court".

My belief is he has no evidence and was just popping off.

Hey, no AZ cheerleader here, but lets try to stick to facts. Exaggeration leads to loss of credibility, which is what has happened to the OP.

Hey, I agree with you (except for the part where you called me a dumdass)!

There are no such stories for the reason you describe.

In light of this abscence of stories I was asking the OP what his evidence was for "AZ settling hundreds of discrimination cases out of court".

My belief is he has no evidence and was just popping off.

Hey, no AZ cheerleader here, but lets try to stick to facts. Exaggeration leads to loss of credibility, which is what has happened to the OP.

Alright - Since you agreed with me, you are definitely NOT a Dumbass :)

Alright - Since you agreed with me, you are definitely NOT a Dumbass :)
The reality is that AZ has indeed settled all of these cases out of court in order to keep them buried deep within the AZ vault. Those awarded settlements out of court do so with the signed agreement that they will never reveal the settlement. The penalty for violating this agreement could result in them forfeiting the money and possibly being countersued. If you want to know how often this has occured, just ask an HR person and watch them squirm.