• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Christy Oliger

anonymous

Is she as stupid as she comes off? She's completely invisible from the BioOnc team all year as we go through Project BOLD and then decides to parachute in and send a stupid email providing her idiotic thoughts on the impending layoffs (change is difficult, something you cherish maybe lost) along with her reflections on the recent hurricanes. Talk about being completely tone deaf to the people she supposedly leads.

<

She's so out of touch and pretty ruthless. She HATES other females for some reason. Especially woman of color have a really hard time with her. You see she drove out Tanum in less that a year. She puts on this fake smile on stage but really she is mean and cold hearted. I have been at GNE over 20 years and never came across anyone so up their own ass. She needs some humble pie. I remember when Sr. Leaders were smart AND had heart, friendliness and approachable. She is none of the above.

She is clueless as to how to be a leader but she us simply doing as she is told while knowing she herself is safe. Don't go throwing out Tanum as some kind of role model. She had no role other than a glorified AA since Troy left. She was a hero in her own mind.

She is clueless as to how to be a leader but she us simply doing as she is told while knowing she herself is safe. Don't go throwing out Tanum as some kind of role model. She had no role other than a glorified AA since Troy left. She was a hero in her own mind.

Tanum was a joke....Person who thought she was the President; big ego no substance.

I worked with Christy as a cross functional partner, and she's all hat and no cattle as the other comments allude to. Though instead of being humble, she masks her ignorance behind hyper aggressive behavior. A real leader embraces learning opportunities. I will say in reference to the previous comment about her having perceived racial bias, she fought tooth and nail for Quita Highsmith to become the Head of Alliance and Advocacy Relations. Fritz Bittenbender was set on Claire Scott from Pulmozyme to lead AAR, but Christy got to Bill first and Bill eventually had to tell Fritz that Quita was the pick. Even though that's not what Fritz wanted. That's just one data point.

I worked with Christy as a cross functional partner, and she's all hat and no cattle as the other comments allude to. Though instead of being humble, she masks her ignorance behind hyper aggressive behavior. A real leader embraces learning opportunities. I will say in reference to the previous comment about her having perceived racial bias, she fought tooth and nail for Quita Highsmith to become the Head of Alliance and Advocacy Relations. Fritz Bittenbender was set on Claire Scott from Pulmozyme to lead AAR, but Christy got to Bill first and Bill eventually had to tell Fritz that Quita was the pick. Even though that's not what Fritz wanted. That's just one data point.

This is also called managing someone out of your own organization. Translation, "I don't think Q has a future as a Franchise Head for a bigger brand or a BU head position so I'm going to get her out of Commercial behind the smokescreen of finding her a "coveted" senior role. "

I disagree with a lot of the above in that I do think Christy is exceptionally bright. Unfortunately, she lacks solid leadership skills and any real empathy. She's capable and probably will do a great job in BioOnc but I'm sure people working with her are hating life. T.Ck is the first to go!

Looks like Genentech social experiment is blowing up in their respective face. Prime example when you promote based upon race and gender and not consider successful leadership skills as the primary focus. Shameful.

This is also called managing someone out of your own organization. Translation, "I don't think Q has a future as a Franchise Head for a bigger brand or a BU head position so I'm going to get her out of Commercial behind the smokescreen of finding her a "coveted" senior role. "

I disagree with a lot of the above in that I do think Christy is exceptionally bright. Unfortunately, she lacks solid leadership skills and any real empathy. She's capable and probably will do a great job in BioOnc but I'm sure people working with her are hating life. T.Ck is the first to go!

She got rid out Tanum and pushed TC out the door, so she can't be all bad. Neither one brought real value to BioOnc, too busy managing their images.

I agree with others, Christy has a lots of IQ, but there’s scant evidence that she possesses any EQ. In this respect she’s a bit of a holdover from a previous era. Thankfully, this type of leader is becoming more scarce as companies realize you need a good deal of both to succeed.

Is she as stupid as she comes off? She's completely invisible from the BioOnc team all year as we go through Project BOLD and then decides to parachute in and send a stupid email providing her idiotic thoughts on the impending layoffs (change is difficult, something you cherish maybe lost) along with her reflections on the recent hurricanes. Talk about being completely tone deaf to the people she supposedly leads.

She is far from stupid. Just doesn't give a fuck. No tact, grace or heart. It's like watching a pit bull lead an organization. God how did we get here?! I just don't understand how she got THIS role? She does not embrace ANY part of the culture of Genentech. How can she be our leader?

She is far from stupid. Just doesn't give a fuck. No tact, grace or heart. It's like watching a pit bull lead an organization. God how did we get here?! I just don't understand how she got THIS role? She does not embrace ANY part of the culture of Genentech. How can she be our leader?

Answer: CIP Bill