• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

To Katie,Christy and Nancy about our 'World Class' Marketing team??!!??

Christy and Mark, Now that you are leaving maybe you can help us in marketing. Things are miserable.

We all know that Ecosystem is King now. Marketing will and actually has become a bunch of errand runners and task masters.

Perfect case this week on how our teams are being treated. How do we explain this to our marketers?? Entry level operations and portfolio team members telling our teams who they can talk to?? People are getting hand "selected" to attend. "Selected" to be able to have a conversation with someone from our own squad? We still have brains here in marketing. This is the best they can do after lots of confusion, questions and feedback already. This is just the beginning.

Great culture we are building. Marketing at Genentech is dead. It was never great but now it is dead.
Wow....just wow.

Christy and Mark, Now that you are leaving maybe you can help us in marketing. Things are miserable.

We all know that Ecosystem is King now. Marketing will and actually has become a bunch of errand runners and task masters.

Perfect case this week on how our teams are being treated. How do we explain this to our marketers?? Entry level operations and portfolio team members telling our teams who they can talk to?? People are getting hand "selected" to attend. "Selected" to be able to have a conversation with someone from our own squad? We still have brains here in marketing. This is the best they can do after lots of confusion, questions and feedback already. This is just the beginning.

Great culture we are building. Marketing at Genentech is dead. It was never great but now it is dead.

This ^^^^. Well said!! Just go ahead and restructure us already already and give us our payout too please.

You do not need 400 marketers and even more marketing support teams for 1000 people in the field.

This ^^^^. Well said!! Just go ahead and restructure us already already and give us our payout too please.

You do not need 400 marketers and even more marketing support teams for 1000 people in the field.

If we have 400 marketers then we have a problem! Which is fine because many of us want out of this eco stuff bs anyway.

Is anyone going to let the Portfolio Marketing Leadership team know that the Ecosystem Marketing Plans they reviewed with us are a mess?

If you couldn't tell from the questions and blank stares, I can tell you that it is confusing, too complex and will not work. I suggest you ask for feedback and even bring in some support. Assigning lots of people to problems isn't a plan. What you have is a lot of junior marketers spinning right now and adding to an already chaotic field roll out.

Is anyone going to let the Portfolio Marketing Leadership team know that the Ecosystem Marketing Plans they reviewed with us are a mess?

If you couldn't tell from the questions and blank stares, I can tell you that it is confusing, too complex and will not work. I suggest you ask for feedback and even bring in some support. Assigning lots of people to problems isn't a plan. What you have is a lot of junior marketers spinning right now and adding to an already chaotic field roll out.

This is a cluster F in an epic scale! This is a case where someone disassembled a TV and cannot put it back together. Why? Because they lost the good parts.

We have DMs now in Healthcare Market "Director" roles making more than marketing directors. Their titles and pay increased. Ours cannot because of Roche? This is what lack of leadership looks like. #absenceofleaders

The ecosystem marketing plans don't make sense because the ecosystems themselves don't make sense.

I'm not sure what you're expecting.

The ecosystem marketing plans don't make sense because the ecosystems themselves don't make sense.

Nothing makes sense! The leadership team doesn't even knows what they are doing. Amateur night at a community college. Pathetic to watch the rapid decay of a good company.

The ecosystems may not have a plan that will work...but they are a plan! People have discussed them, provided input and they have made changes to optimize.

Marketing right now lacks leadership. Katie is running 2 business units and 10+ squad leads. Her last priority as we can see is Marketing. Marketing is being run by some community of practice hahahaha. Kids night at Genentech.

Marketing has been kicking themselves in the groin for last 10 years..If 70% of the feet on the street can be chopped, marketing will be the next part that our ego driven Mgt will feed on next..

Marketing has been kicking themselves in the groin for last 10 years..If 70% of the feet on the street can be chopped, marketing will be the next part that our ego driven Mgt will feed on next..

They want marketers to leave. Too many marketers for the new field teams. Almost a ration of 2:1. Way too many.

Genentech is no longer a marketing or strategically focused company. The field rules the show. I am in global now and glad I escaped.

Who has recently left?