• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Car choices are horrible here!

AGAIN - I PAY FOR THE PERSONAL USE OF MY CAR! Lilly tries to make it seem (you and most of the people on this post clearly have bought into this horrible message) like we should be grateful for the company car. We are field base employees. Just like ANY sales job, the car is a necessary. The car is listed as a benefit. The car is sold to us as a benefit. How is something a benefit when it is costing me more money than not? Every other pharma company give different options for field employees. They do not give a basic car that is unsafe for people. We work for a major pharma company, and I have a small SUV that does not have vents in the back seats.

For those saying quit or buy another car - you sound uneducated and exactly like our fleet people. I pay for the use of a car that is unsafe to drive. Lilly told me I should be happy to have a benefit of a company car, a benefit that I pay for, can not decide on, and that is unsafe to drive. A benefit is something that adds to my compensation package. A benefit is something that makes an employee want to work for Lilly instead of another company. A benefit is something that should be a reason to work for a company.

Instead, I have to buy another car, yet pay for a car that I have no say on. Please read that again for those of you that say just buy another car. Why should I have to? I am paying for the personal use of a car that I do not use for personal use!

That is like saying: You are to pay 300 a month for coverage on the Lilly health insurance, but you can not use it. Don't complain, you should be happy that Lilly gave you health insurance. Who cares that you can not use it even though you pay 300 a month for it. Instead you had to go out and get individual coverage at 1000 a month, and now pay 1300 a month for a "benefit" that Lilly is saying is part of your comp package.

Do you see how ridiculous that is?!

I want you to pay 300 a month to the worst manager you have ever had because it is a benefit to share the same air as them. At the same time, you are to move that person into your home and you and your family will go live in a 50 square foot room with no running water. You are the be grateful for the opportunity to work for that person and should be happy that you even have a room to live in! Don't like it, then go find another room to live in!

Do you now see how ridiculous most of the comments on this post sound?! We are paid WAY less than other pharma companies, and HR/leadership say it is because our benefit packages are better than other pharma companies, which is clearly not the case. Unfortunately, Lilly knows that most of the employees here are people like most of the posters commenting, and have no idea what industry standards are. The few people that understand Lilly is behind the times, thank you! Please stay vocal about what is fair. We are not entitled because we want to be on par with the industry. We are not entitled because we are in our cars everyday, and expect to be safe. We are not entitled because we want to be able to benefit from a benefit that we pay for!

I just wish they did away with company cars and give us a flat car allowance and pay for business miles. This way they don't have to tell us that we are entitled because we want to be able to have a safe vehicle of our choice. I would be more than happy to pay more money out of pocket, to drive something I actually want!

Ok you’ve made your point. Repeatedly. Now stop.
Whining will get you nowhere. If it’s that important get off cafe Pharma and have the balls to email someone in sr leadership with your opinion.
It won’t help to bitch here. Send it to a person who can do something.
Tired of the ranting on a Pharma board.

For the ecp’s I think it may be a power wheels.

Lmao.

To the poster asking about car choices, the other option is a Malibu. I don't believe you have a choice, though. You're assigned what's in currently available in the fleet and then you may (or may not) be successful in asking for something else based on your needs/comfort level.

Whine, whine, whine.... can we expect anything else from entitled, self centered reps who do nothing and want the world? If customers knew Reps make as much money as they do, I think things would change drastically. If upper management knew how little access reps have, how little Reps do, and acknowledge this whole scheme is smoke and mirrors, they would reduce Sales Rep head count and whiners like you would be out the door.

Can someone please explain for q company that preaches work and family balance, why we only have the options of a small car, equinox or ford transit?

You are so full of crap. The car is your work vehicle and Lilly is not obligated to provide a car big enough to accommodate your family. But the biggest lie in this whiny diatribe is that you have no airbags. Those are federally mandated.

And most of your post is stolen from Reddit.

Hopefully they’ve fired you by now. You’re the type of employee that companies need to weed out.

if you don’t like the car choices, get another job and pay for your own car, insurance, gas, maintenance, etc. No one makes you stay at Lilly. Quit complaining and acting so entitled!

If I don’t get a larger vehicle, I’m going out on disability. My back and spine are affected by these death trap clown cars, and I already have a comp attorney lined up. You’ll pay ELI