• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Can BMS and AZ sell Bydureon? Doubtful.

Based on the responses to this post, OP is correct, the brainiacs here will not sell enough Bydureon to make the Amylin deal a good investment of shareholder dollars. Too bad.

Onglyza: yes, it was approved after Januvia. Byetta: no, it was approved and promoted several years before Victoza. Thus, Victoza is the me--too GLP, but it was the first QD GLP. Bydureon is the first QW GLP.

Byetta is an animal hormone, Victoza is an analogue of the human molecule.

To say Victoza is a me-too makes as much sense as pretending that oestradiol based HRTs were not a massive upgrade on HRTs made from horse-piss.

Byetta is an animal hormone, Victoza is an analogue of the human molecule.

To say Victoza is a me-too makes as much sense as pretending that oestradiol based HRTs were not a massive upgrade on HRTs made from horse-piss.

Fool.....the HRT synthesized from pregnant horse urine.Premarin..lead the HRT therapy BY FAR the whole time it was patent protected...the BMS product ESTRACE (17 beta estradiol) was the same as a woman's body produced premenepause.......but Premarin was first and well established..BMS STRUGGLED FOR A 5% Market share

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter who is selling Bydureon because it is an inferior GLP1!!! You folks at BMS should ask about a study done by Amylin called Duration 6!!! It doesn't matter if it is QW, it still sucks and I feel bad that you guys at BMS have to try and sell this garbage!!! All docs have seen this and all Novo reps will use this with ease to destroy Bydureon!!! Nice work Amylin........

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter who is selling Bydureon because it is an inferior GLP1!!! You folks at BMS should ask about a study done by Amylin called Duration 6!!! It doesn't matter if it is QW, it still sucks and I feel bad that you guys at BMS have to try and sell this garbage!!! All docs have seen this and all Novo reps will use this with ease to destroy Bydureon!!! Nice work Amylin........

BMS will do their best to put a positive spin on any negative data, not to worry, it's all about money, not patients.

Do they teach you at Novo that if you use multiple exclamation marks after every sentence that suddenly your words are more true than before?

Because in DURATION 6, the A1c drop was pretty much the same, but twice as many people were vomiting with Victoza vs. Bydureon. Maybe the small difference in the A1cs was the fact that ten percent of the Victoza patients left their meals on someone elses lap vs. digesting them.

Oh, sorry. Maybe you'll understand this... Victoza makes you puke!!!!! If the secret to curing diabetes is to make people lose their lunch and walk around all day feeling like theyve been on a roller coaster, than VictoZa wins!!!!!!

Do they teach you at Novo that if you use multiple exclamation marks after every sentence that suddenly your words are more true than before?

Because in DURATION 6, the A1c drop was pretty much the same, but twice as many people were vomiting with Victoza vs. Bydureon. Maybe the small difference in the A1cs was the fact that ten percent of the Victoza patients left their meals on someone elses lap vs. digesting them.

Oh, sorry. Maybe you'll understand this... Victoza makes you puke!!!!! If the secret to curing diabetes is to make people lose their lunch and walk around all day feeling like theyve been on a roller coaster, than VictoZa wins!!!!!!

Great points!

I am exicted by the combination of these three companies. This combination will provide a lot of synergy behind Bydureon and the results will follow. The Novo people are nervous about their business due to the pending storm that will surround them. You know you play dirty in this business and your day is coming Novo!

I am exicted by the combination of these three companies. This combination will provide a lot of synergy behind Bydureon and the results will follow. The Novo people are nervous about their business due to the pending storm that will surround them. You know you play dirty in this business and your day is coming Novo!

No one is more unethical than BMS management, Novo can't hold a candle to them.

Fool.....the HRT synthesized from pregnant horse urine.Premarin..lead the HRT therapy BY FAR the whole time it was patent protected...the BMS product ESTRACE (17 beta estradiol) was the same as a woman's body produced premenepause.......but Premarin was first and well established..BMS STRUGGLED FOR A 5% Market share
Just on the HRT note:-
Would you be happy with your wife taking a tablet
i) produced in a very unethical way no-one has come up with a generic Premarin as no-one wants to set up industrial horse breeding centres required
and
ii) smell like an unwashed stable when you take them out of the packet.

Any drug based on extracting animal secretions is stone-age and out of date. Or should the industry go back to making insulin products by sticking a bunch of animal pancreases in a giant blender?

Just on the HRT note:-
Would you be happy with your wife taking a tablet
i) produced in a very unethical way no-one has come up with a generic Premarin as no-one wants to set up industrial horse breeding centres required
and
ii) smell like an unwashed stable when you take them out of the packet.

Any drug based on extracting animal secretions is stone-age and out of date. Or should the industry go back to making insulin products by sticking a bunch of animal pancreases in a giant blender?

What is unethical about collecting horse piss? In France they eat horses. I like my women to smell like a stable, it gets me horsey.