BREAKING NEWS: AZ to restructure global R&D!

Watch your tone sales douche ! I've been here since ICI- this is the only place I've every worked in 35 years. I know everything about every assay you could ever run. Letting new people into the company is screwing us all.

I used to work in R&D at Alderley Park. They tried to turn us scientists into bullshit spewing sales arse holes, like some of you lot and that daft twat of a CEO who we eventually got rid of, and look where it got us.

Now they want us to be all scientific again and hope that hanging out with the Cambridge toffs will screw our heads back on. Fucking jokers. Scientists are highly skilled workers not dum sales fodder. Once you lost those skills they are gone. Some knob in sales goes you just recruit a used car salesmen. A Biochemist with twenty years experience who knows the unspoken flaws of every assay in the department cannot be replaced. Don't worry your little heads about what an "assay" is. Just put it in that part of your brain labelled" Too Complicated For Me".
Sales wankers. Know your place. Leave the science to the scientists.

Was curious so searched on a satellite view to take a look at Alderley Park. That's quite a pastoral setting. Looking at Cambridge it is quite a hike, a 166 mile drive.

Anyway Mr. Science guy, don't forget to update your "scorecard" :)

So Mr. 35 years, where are the new compounds? Did you all stop thinking once you stopped being ICI? Lets see lisinopri, prilosec and nexium came from collaboration with Merck. What have you done for me lately....meaning last 5 years?

I used to work in R&D at Alderley Park. They tried to turn us scientists into bullshit spewing sales arse holes, like some of you lot and that daft twat of a CEO who we eventually got rid of, and look where it got us.

Now they want us to be all scientific again and hope that hanging out with the Cambridge toffs will screw our heads back on. Fucking jokers. Scientists are highly skilled workers not dum sales fodder. Once you lost those skills they are gone. Some knob in sales goes you just recruit a used car salesmen. A Biochemist with twenty years experience who knows the unspoken flaws of every assay in the department cannot be replaced. Don't worry your little heads about what an "assay" is. Just put it in that part of your brain labelled" Too Complicated For Me".

So much anger. I am also a biochemist and started work when it was ICI. Left not long after it went to AZ and re-trained. Now work in a commercial role for another company. Yes AZ got its sales strategy wrong and their skills are different from ours, but if it wasn't for them, nothing would get sold and there would be no money to invest in research. If you've stayed in one place for 35 years that suggests someone afraid of change and worried about new younger blood. And probably envy of field people who have more fun than we ever did in the lab. And are probably nicer to be with too.

Easy big fella. You are soon to be in the unemployment line and sales gig will be looking pretty good. Best of all, you now qualify.

Easy, YOU. You actually think many of these layoffs won't be in sales? Ha ha--what's left to sell? Maybe you'll start getting your scorecard polished up when you get the bad news on Thursday. There's no reason for anybody to be celebrating at this point.

Watch your tone sales douche ! I've been here since ICI- this is the only place I've every worked in 35 years. I know everything about every assay you could ever run. Letting new people into the company is screwing us all.

A true dickhead scientist who hasn't found anything worth developing in 35 years.

The real shame is that they didn't put your sorry arse on GArden Leave 34 years ago.

Even though you've gotten too many responses, I'll offer one more:

Have you discovered anything new, since Astra and Zeneca merged? How about prior to that? You may know your science, but you really don't do squat!

Run along and do you tests... Tell us how smart you are ... Tell us you understand what's going on in the test tubes.

You fucking don't. You're so stuck up you think you do, though, so there's no hope that you'll even discover anything new. You are stuck in the system, trying to find your way through Chicago using a map of New York City. What your employer should have done, and still should do, is fire you and hire someone who hasn't been taught the incorrect things that have been instilled in you. Then maybe we'll make a discovery. Isn't that the charge of R&D?

Even though you've gotten too many responses, I'll offer one more:

Have you discovered anything new, since Astra and Zeneca merged? How about prior to that? You may know your science, but you really don't do squat!

Run along and do you tests... Tell us how smart you are ... Tell us you understand what's going on in the test tubes.

You fucking don't. You're so stuck up you think you do, though, so there's no hope that you'll even discover anything new. You are stuck in the system, trying to find your way through Chicago using a map of New York City. What your employer should have done, and still should do, is fire you and hire someone who hasn't been taught the incorrect things that have been instilled in you. Then maybe we'll make a discovery. Isn't that the charge of R&D?

How can you stand being such a jumped-up little moron? Grow up, needled*ck.

Although it's an oversimplification, AP and Sweden were populated by scientists who had no sense of urgency in advancing drug candidates through the pipeline and felt they were beyond accountability to commercialize discoveries. Added to that managers responsible for regulatory affairs were arrogant and believed their submissions would be rubber stamped by regulatory authorities. The decision to relocate to Cambridge is an attempt to eliminate a toxic culture.

Although it's an oversimplification, AP and Sweden were populated by scientists who had no sense of urgency in advancing drug candidates through the pipeline and felt they were beyond accountability to commercialize discoveries. Added to that managers responsible for regulatory affairs were arrogant and believed their submissions would be rubber stamped by regulatory authorities. The decision to relocate to Cambridge is an attempt to eliminate a toxic culture.

keep drinking the koolaid fool

Wow! Lots of anger and frustration on display here. Surely someone with the ability to put together such a diatribe is capable of great things if his energy is appropriately channelled. Or may I suggest 50 mg of Seroquel XR? Either way, good luck!

R & D's failure to produce is the cause of so much suffering. Nice to see they accept responsibility for their complete ineptitude.

I wouldn't expect too much now out of R&D in Sweden, it's almost April, and our Swedish colleagues are about to start their summer vacation. Back on deck in November...

I wouldn't expect too much now out of R&D in Sweden, it's almost April, and our Swedish colleagues are about to start their summer vacation. Back on deck in November...

Even so, Swedes can take 3 months a year off and still work smarter and produce much more than the colleagues in the US and UK combined. That's why the new CEO fired so many staff from US/UK but left Sweden untouched.

3 months a year off! I want to be Swedish. America sucks!
Sure, America sucks. The USA could turn your Volvo driving, Latte drinking, yogurt eating, pinko fucking country into a parking lot in 30 seconds. The reason he is leaving you alone is because he is French and they are the only people more clueless than the Swedes. They just ran out of other people's money before you did but your time is coming. What is your tax rate?

Sure, America sucks. The USA could turn your Volvo driving, Latte drinking, yogurt eating, pinko fucking country into a parking lot in 30 seconds. The reason he is leaving you alone is because he is French and they are the only people more clueless than the Swedes. They just ran out of other people's money before you did but your time is coming. What is your tax rate?

Sweden: about 30% income tax rate, combine with the cleanest air and water, best public transportation, education, and healthcare system in the world. How is America's healthcare system doing? Enjoying your public transportation infrastructure and great public school systems?

I like your groove. Walk tall my friend.