Big Reorg Announcement today?

This is by far the best post of the year!

Agreed but i must add another field sales rep takeaway: no more RSU''s, aka stock options. Reps will leave and the bathrobe brigade will remain. All that will be left in the field will be the overpaid nae's, id's, mad's and ctl's. They never work and are overpaid. if you truly break down their actual work hours they make 1k per teleconference. :mad:

Agreed but i must add another field sales rep takeaway: no more RSU''s, aka stock options. Reps will leave and the bathrobe brigade will remain. All that will be left in the field will be the overpaid nae's, id's, mad's and ctl's. They never work and are overpaid. if you truly break down their actual work hours they make 1k per teleconference. :mad:

I can see that nothing has changed at Merck since I left...They still insist on providing obscene corporate welfare to these part time idiots that (the bathrobe brigade) that get nothing of value accomplished but are so entrenched in the system, they can just go on collecting their crazy mad money...

Merck is onc screwed up company, and pharma is a totally bizarre industry that flys in the face of any other successful business...they just love paying thousands of employees whose only talent is that they can fog up a mirror.

Still another great post. You guys are on fire! You are right, Merck field personnel must be the highest paid people when you consider how much they make per hour for actual work. It is obscene. If you disagree, please share how much time you are actually in front of a customer during a "typical" week.

That may be true as I'm not in the know regarding research cut backs. I don't even know about PC, but I do know about CV and there will be no cuts. Not at this time anyway.

Well, there will be and has continued to be targeted research cuts, as they have been applying at biotech companies. Merck no longer wants to keep research in-house. They will purchase promising portfolios like the did with Cubist. Their "research" will be on what targets to buy. My, how this company has fallen.

Well, there will be and has continued to be targeted research cuts, as they have been applying at biotech companies. Merck no longer wants to keep research in-house. They will purchase promising portfolios like the did with Cubist. Their "research" will be on what targets to buy. My, how this company has fallen.
On a good note Boston is safe. What's going on down there. It seems you should have gone for a communications degree rather than a degree in chemical engineering or chemistry. It would give you more to fall back on. Maybe that degree does not matter because you're idiots. Cubist is in Massachusetts.

Go pats

On a good note Boston is safe. What's going on down there. It seems you should have gone for a communications degree rather than a degree in chemical engineering or chemistry. It would give you more to fall back on. Maybe that degree does not matter because you're idiots. Cubist is in Massachusetts.

Go pats

What about WP? They've already decimated the place and people are voluntarily leaving. Should we expect more cuts? What groups? This place has become unbearable.

I guess getting cut is the least of this guys problems. Scientists as so weak.

The best scientists started leaving in the 1990s during "The New Reality" campaign. Many went to small and medium biotech companies and really helped their new companies beat Merck at their former game. You're not going to get a lot of innovation if you pay non-native speaking Ph.D.'s 70k starting salary. Language and cultural gaps are crucial.