• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Baxter TO restructuring

word to the wise.....resume on street asap..... word to the pharma workers and 2 day per week rss's....take a long vaca....head down and maybe you too will end up in "bioscience" or back to selling toilet paper or viagara...get a medtronic or stryker job if you resume is up to snuff....doubt it

Word to wonderstruck... If u can't make it happen here... Where do u go? Maybe diapers, wound care or Medline. Stryker or Medtronic require A players. Good luck to those where eagles dare. The fall from grace is nose bleed.

Kelley will be missed.

Kelley will be missed. She understood the products and business, accepted and urged adaptation in a changing market, wasn't afraid to speak her mind and never sugar coated the reality of the situation at hand. She didn't send e-mails proclaiming, "SPINing in the rain in Cincinnati!" because she understood that it isn't an e-mail or conference call that serve to motivate, rather, it's leading by example, being honest, coaching people rather than managing up, championing her team's financial concerns and treating people with respect, understanding and courtesy. Those are hallmarks that are valued, those are hallmarks of a true leader. Best of luck Slim.

word to the wise.....resume on street asap..... word to the pharma workers and 2 day per week rss's....take a long vaca....head down and maybe you too will end up in "bioscience" or back to selling toilet paper or viagara...get a medtronic or stryker job if you resume is up to snuff....doubt it

KN went to MDT, she was pissed she didn't get IDN job.
CH went to Stryker (how long before DK follows his bud). After CH shows his a$$, Stryker won't look at anyone from Baxter for a long time.

Wow - the silence is deafening. Our AVP and an ASD leave within hours and its crickets on this site! Is this fear I smell?

Formal restructuring to come. CH left without the real work being done: ZS and the 20-30% RIF being formalized now that we are already off our 2014 targets.

Only hope is that most of the haters hiding behind their keyboards and publicly shaming/insulting others for their own ineptitude are swept up in the process, leaving a better culture for the rest of us. Wishful thinking I know. In the meantime, create as many scapegoats as you want - Management, Marketing, ASDs, IDN/KAMs, RMs, RSSs, etc...if you are that type of individual, my guess is you will need them since the day of reckoning is fast approaching.

Sleep well.

Ok, enough with all the weird quotes & philosophical statements. The "silence is deafening" because most of us are intelligent enough to know that this is how companies operate now. They "day of reckoning" doesn't refer to the next/guaranteed change within Baxter - it refers to the day not far off when we are all replaced by distributors. If you are AVP level talent (or simply have that role on your resume), there will always be a spot for you somewhere. Everyone else-not so much.

KN went to MDT, she was pissed she didn't get IDN job.
CH went to Stryker After CH shows his a$$, Stryker won't look at anyone from Baxter for a long time.

Pretty sure KN was asked to interview for the IDN position at the last minute because management had only interviewed one person and that would look bad. Otherwise I cant imagine KN gave two shits since she had to be biding her time waiting for the MDT offer. I'm guessing that Management also had diversity as a priority which would answer why the guy in the mix only got a phone interview. Fuckin politics, ain't it great?

CH will fit in at Stryker, a "What have you done for me the last 3 months?" high strung, me first, competitive shark tank. Blink though, and you're chum.

Ok, enough with all the weird quotes & philosophical statements. The "silence is deafening" because most of us are intelligent enough to know that this is how companies operate now. The "day of reckoning" doesn't refer to the next/guaranteed change within Baxter - it refers to the day not far off when we are all replaced by distributors. If you are AVP level talent (or simply have that role on your resume), there will always be a spot for you somewhere.

Agreed with the off the wall psychedelic quadrophonic meth talk. The way of the future for the med device and pharma industries could be distributors or maybe IDN types assisted by salaried reps or even clinical educators to baby sit big accounts. Re AVP's, you may be right as far as landing a spot but it may not be in a traditional sales role in the not too distant future.

Pretty sure KN was asked to interview for the IDN position at the last minute because management had only interviewed one person and that would look bad. Otherwise I cant imagine KN gave two shits since she had to be biding her time waiting for the MDT offer. I'm guessing that Management also had diversity as a priority which would answer why the guy in the mix only got a phone interview. Fuckin politics, ain't it great?

CH will fit in at Stryker, a "What have you done for me the last 3 months?" high strung, me first, competitive shark tank. Blink though, and you're chum.

Up until 18 months ago MDT and Stryker employees wanted to join Baxter BS. 2 shits or 2 funny. Politics or baloney. Your chum.

Not surprised to see CH leave, I bet he was tired of fighting with the legal/reg people inside.

I wonder if he'll will get a nice gift basket from Huthwaite this Christmas. Gets salesforce indoctrinated into SPIN, than he bails. Nice work.

For what it's worth, SPIN was Peachy's project. Hartman just happened to be in place when it was finally time to implement it.

Not true. Marching orders came from above. Peach was told get quotes for spin by ET, then asked to step aside. Peach thought cost was outrageous, that the timing was bad and that it didn't translate well to the industry.

ET biggest do nothing of any company I've ever ever seen ....literally multiple rolls and titles And does nada. Hated by all....token who would normally under any other circumstance be fired or demoted years ago