• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

AZ was always Good to Me.

anonymous

Hey, AZ was always a good place to work. It had great products, and most of the sales reps were very good. The pay and benefits were great. I worked for them from 1995-2012. Then I retired and got an incentive to retire and get Medical Ins until age 65. I liked many of the managers, but a couple were odd. I made a lot of money and they had good perks.
The only big mistake they made is when we launched, "Crestor" I was on the premarketing team with about 20 sales reps, and when came up the solgan...."Ride the Wave" with Crestor we broke out laughing. The people at meeting got mad at us. We wanted to say that Crestor 10mg lowers LDL better than 40mg of Lipitor so Pfizer is right lower is better. Well we knew how that worked out, they still went with this at the meeting in Hawaii....it didn't last long in the field. We can laugh at it now!

Hey, AZ was always a good place to work. It had great products, and most of the sales reps were very good. The pay and benefits were great. I worked for them from 1995-2012. Then I retired and got an incentive to retire and get Medical Ins until age 65. I liked many of the managers, but a couple were odd. I made a lot of money and they had good perks.
The only big mistake they made is when we launched, "Crestor" I was on the premarketing team with about 20 sales reps, and when came up the solgan...."Ride the Wave" with Crestor we broke out laughing. The people at meeting got mad at us. We wanted to say that Crestor 10mg lowers LDL better than 40mg of Lipitor so Pfizer is right lower is better. Well we knew how that worked out, they still went with this at the meeting in Hawaii....it didn't last long in the field. We can laugh at it now!
The AZ Diprivan Rep was my competitor. He taught me about civility, humility and professionalism. No other competitor ever gave me this much. Now, AZ is a circus some bad Management, mostly up top. It’s a stress test just to keep your job. So grateful I don’t work there.

The AZ Diprivan Rep was my competitor. He taught me about civility, humility and professionalism. No other competitor ever gave me this much. Now, AZ is a circus some bad Management, mostly up top. It’s a stress test just to keep your job. So grateful I don’t work there.

good way of putting this industry in its place: "it's a stress test".
yes.
and the ones that survive do it by being sociopaths, and backstabbing, and cutting corners everyday. Its sad but true, and I am glad to be out of AZ as well.

I to enjoyed selling for AZ, we got our own rooms at meetings, and it was fun getting to meet new reps from other parts of the country. I do wonder why, so many people post bad things on Cafepharma, if you no like working for a company get another job....it's your life, so shut the F_ _ K up

I to enjoyed selling for AZ, we got our own rooms at meetings, and it was fun getting to meet new reps from other parts of the country. I do wonder why, so many people post bad things on Cafepharma, if you no like working for a company get another job....it's your life, so shut the F_ _ K up
Funny, i had a doc say she doesnt have time or the need for an in person meet, phone much more efficient and less disruptive to the office. Coming to a territory near You!

Started with Stuart Pharmaceuticals in 1981 and launched Tenormin (atenolol). Retired from AZ with over 30+ years. I actually used to call my manager (pre cell phone days) to come for a couple of field days. Never rode with me more than one day, and would actually take the call from start to finish on half the people we say that day. I trained on over 50 drugs between being a hospital, oncology, and primary care rep. Without a doubt, Diprivan (propofol) was the best drug I sold!

Meetings were unbelievably fun! They spent amazing amounts of money on entertainment, resorts, gifts, etc. I still keep up with a few of the senior reps still at AZ. It’s really hard to explain how much fun we had!

All of that’s gone now and will never return. Very sad for you guys, but it’s still a great job with great benefits. Believe me, you could be working in a much worse industry than pharma!

Great post above. Wow if you sold Prilosec, that was a hit also. I started with Marion Labs in 1982 in Tampa. It was super and Cardizem ate Procardia's Lunch. Marion was good with stock options and such. We also in training went over to the person who started the company...Mr. K for Ewing Kauffman, house for drinks and snacks. He told me, there are two things in a docs office you don't do...

1. Never lie to a doc or nurse, if you do they will never believe anything you say after that...
2. Don't bring up politics

Man was he right.

I also sold Tenormin, wow did it fly off the docs Rx pads....it was fun for the 22 years I worked for them.

No... Prilosec flew off the pads. I was a new rep, walked into offices and got the eye roll. Yes, even back in the mid-90's. I would whisper to the receptionist that I was the Prilosec rep and the seas would part. No lie. Only drug I had that literally sold itself. Maybe Tagrisso now in Oncology, but back in the day that drug was the bomb.

Started with Stuart Pharmaceuticals in 1981 and launched Tenormin (atenolol). Retired from AZ with over 30+ years. I actually used to call my manager (pre cell phone days) to come for a couple of field days. Never rode with me more than one day, and would actually take the call from start to finish on half the people we say that day. I trained on over 50 drugs between being a hospital, oncology, and primary care rep. Without a doubt, Diprivan (propofol) was the best drug I sold!

Meetings were unbelievably fun! They spent amazing amounts of money on entertainment, resorts, gifts, etc. I still keep up with a few of the senior reps still at AZ. It’s really hard to explain how much fun we had!

All of that’s gone now and will never return. Very sad for you guys, but it’s still a great job with great benefits. Believe me, you could be working in a much worse industry than pharma!
Hey old fart: nobody cares about your memoirs and the good old days! Just drink your prune juice and stfu!

Astra AB...from Sweden. Good Company. Zeneca from England a good company but not as good as Astra.
Oh well worked in pharma almost 30 years and made over $3 million...can't complain, plus the good health ins. when I retired. Love it and AZ are good...Blokes

Astra AB...from Sweden. Good Company. Zeneca from England a good company but not as good as Astra.
Oh well worked in pharma almost 30 years and made over $3 million...can't complain, plus the good health ins. when I retired. Love it and AZ are good...Blokes
Stop it, please! This site is for active employees and not for old codgers. Just take your meds and drool at your caregiver. No disrespect, bloke

Astra AB a good company??!?!? Lars Bildman as CEO promoting debauchery and preying on young women? As a rep, you had to go to a designated spot in your territory every day at a specific time and wait to see if your manager showed up to ride with you… if they didn’t show up, then you proceeded to territory. What a trusting environment!