• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Are the numbers sucking for Entresto regardless of efforts? Or, are the goals too high, again?

Entrsto is at 322 million through three quarters:
84 m 1st quarter
110 m 2nd quarter
128 m 3rd quarter

So need 178 million, in the 4th quarter, to reach the goal. Probably a stretch but may be doable. Still think it doesn't warrant all the people they have added in the last year. Reorg probably coming soon. I think the PDI contract will end but they will hold on to most of the rest of the sales force in order to see what they can do. Still in the growth mode phase and if I recall, it took Diovan 4-5 years to reach blockbuster status. The company seems to forget it takes time to have a paradigm shift in the market, which is what Entresto is.

The company seems to forget a lot of things. Actually, they choose not to see a lot of things. Upper management is scared; they are trying anything to see what works; except accepting the reality, treat us with respect and consult with us as to what should be done.
People in fear do not think very clearly. I am sure many of them are trying anything that remotely looks like it would work; so that at least they can say they did something, rather than look at the obvious and call the emperor naked. Then proceed to get him a proper robe.

The company seems to forget a lot of things. Actually, they choose not to see a lot of things. Upper management is scared; they are trying anything to see what works; except accepting the reality, treat us with respect and consult with us as to what should be done.
People in fear do not think very clearly. I am sure many of them are trying anything that remotely looks like it would work; so that at least they can say they did something, rather than look at the obvious and call the emperor naked. Then proceed to get him a proper robe.

True. We definitely have a scared management team. Quite honestly, I don't think they know what to do. As someone said previously, I think they have faulty data and were convicted there was this huge primary care market need for Entresto. Its not come to fruition and rather then admit to a miscalculation, it must be the salespeople who ar at fault. They aren't pushing enough, not meeting kpi's etc. As bad as it is for the field, it's probably a pressure cooker in home office and unless someone is smart enough to get that emperor a new robe, heads are going to roll everywhere

True. We definitely have a scared management team. Quite honestly, I don't think they know what to do. As someone said previously, I think they have faulty data and were convicted there was this huge primary care market need for Entresto. Its not come to fruition and rather then admit to a miscalculation, it must be the salespeople who ar at fault. They aren't pushing enough, not meeting kpi's etc. As bad as it is for the field, it's probably a pressure cooker in home office and unless someone is smart enough to get that emperor a new robe, heads are going to roll everywhere

Amen to that.

Entrsto is at 322 million through three quarters:
84 m 1st quarter
110 m 2nd quarter
128 m 3rd quarter

So need 178 million, in the 4th quarter, to reach the goal. Probably a stretch but may be doable. Still think it doesn't warrant all the people they have added in the last year. Reorg probably coming soon. I think the PDI contract will end but they will hold on to most of the rest of the sales force in order to see what they can do. Still in the growth mode phase and if I recall, it took Diovan 4-5 years to reach blockbuster status. The company seems to forget it takes time to have a paradigm shift in the market, which is what Entresto is.

I am thinking upper level management, including our ABL's should focus their efforts calling on vacant territories themselves, and drive growth, and then come into our respective areas and show us how to sell and drive growth where we "can't". They seem to have all of the answers, despite the fact that none of them are willing to do any of the above. Rather, let's task our ABL's with meeting the (useless) 120 field ride minimum, that provides minimal or no value to us. For once, it would be refreshing to actually see a real leader in action. Real leaders lead. Unfortunately, there's a major shortcoming of those in this organization

I am thinking upper level management, including our ABL's should focus their efforts calling on vacant territories themselves, and drive growth, and then come into our respective areas and show us how to sell and drive growth where we "can't". They seem to have all of the answers, despite the fact that none of them are willing to do any of the above. Rather, let's task our ABL's with meeting the (useless) 120 field ride minimum, that provides minimal or no value to us. For once, it would be refreshing to actually see a real leader in action. Real leaders lead. Unfortunately, there's a major shortcoming of those in this organization

Calling on vacant territories would be a good start. But what they really need to do is get their hands dirty while on a w/w instead of standing there trying to coach. You know why they do that? Because they can't or are afraid to sell. They "can't" show you how to sell because they can't do it themselves or 2.) They have some entitled attitude that they don't have to anymore because they are an ABL. Either way Entresto is going to miss plan. Why? Because middle management RM/ABL have wrecked havoc on the sales force instead of doing what a Business Manager does...get's their hands dirty w/ the sales force. Just think 120 field rides that actually could have yielded better customer relations inside offices, better conversations between MDs/Rep/ABL, and better respect for NVS. Instead demotivation, demoralization and offices are tired of the same old story. No Problem solving...just "Coaching". Childish behaviors.

Calling on vacant territories would be a good start. But what they really need to do is get their hands dirty while on a w/w instead of standing there trying to coach. You know why they do that? Because they can't or are afraid to sell. They "can't" show you how to sell because they can't do it themselves or 2.) They have some entitled attitude that they don't have to anymore because they are an ABL. Either way Entresto is going to miss plan. Why? Because middle management RM/ABL have wrecked havoc on the sales force instead of doing what a Business Manager does...get's their hands dirty w/ the sales force. Just think 120 field rides that actually could have yielded better customer relations inside offices, better conversations between MDs/Rep/ABL, and better respect for NVS. Instead demotivation, demoralization and offices are tired of the same old story. No Problem solving...just "Coaching". Childish behaviors.

I like this favorite comment from my ABL.. "It's all on you." What does that even mean? Am I on a job interview for a job I already have? Do we not work for the same company w/ the same common goal? Are we not a team like you preach? Just baffled when he mutters this...He's a new ABL out of brand...total attitude yet he can't get out of his own way, spent 5 years in field 4 years in brand...now he's a no it all.

I like this favorite comment from my ABL.. "It's all on you." What does that even mean? Am I on a job interview for a job I already have? Do we not work for the same company w/ the same common goal? Are we not a team like you preach? Just baffled when he mutters this...He's a new ABL out of brand...total attitude yet he can't get out of his own way, spent 5 years in field 4 years in brand...now he's a no it all.
The problem with a lot of people that go to home office is that they drink the classical koolaid. They come down their mind washed, thinking what they were told is the real reality. But, if they give the reality of the field the way it is, they are ostracized and possibly let go. Their career may come to an end.

Amen to that....take away lunch funds, lower speaker honoraria, AND in light of all that you take away you want MORE???? It is like trying to squeeze water from a turnip.

Remember, the approach is to blame their failure on the reps. The way to channel their fear is to make you work harder; like if we could bust our asses any more than we already are.

Remember, the approach is to blame their failure on the reps. The way to channel their fear is to make you work harder; like if we could bust our asses any more than we already are.

and COACH you, don't forget coaching...Can you imagine what it's like to be married to an ABL...they probably coach their spouse after sex. Their poor kids too....never catch a break...damaged kids will probably need therapy.

How is Positive Tension working in this area?
Perfectly! The doctors LOVE it, they are running to write more scripts or to try it out on a patient. As a rep, I love it even more! It’s such fun to focus on this, instead of having your ABL help you move business along. It’s been a dream come true, I can’t wait for the NSM in January so we can all come together and share our success stories!

Perfectly! The doctors LOVE it, they are running to write more scripts or to try it out on a patient. As a rep, I love it even more! It’s such fun to focus on this, instead of having your ABL help you move business along. It’s been a dream come true, I can’t wait for the NSM in January so we can all come together and share our success stories!

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!
That was really good, my friend.