• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Allergan to cut over 1,000 jobs as part of cost-cutting efforts

Yep, the savings don't add up do they. $3 billion hit in 2018 and 1000 jobs is supposed to make a fucking dent? HA! only if the average salary for a PCR rep was $3,000,000 a year! fuck these assholes!

The numbers add up fine. $3 billion in sales doesn't equal $3 billion in net profit. Once you pay operational costs, overhead, salaries, bonuses, etc you blew most of that $3 billion and the net profit is probably $500 million to $1 billion MAX...so cut $400 million and you too a nice dent out of your true expected losses.

WHO the F*CK do you think you are?! I see you’re the same ^sshole that posts all over and accuses wonen of being lazy and never leaving home. Let me clue you in: does 35-40,000 miles yearly count for anything? And so many miles on an airline I have “status?” Obviously you’ve never carried a bag. You don’t know sh*t.

Time to cash in your worthless shares, loser, get a life and get off CP.

-a “Gal”

Wow! Aren't you a peach! Hopefully AGN gets rid of you! With a mouth like that, what a poor representative of the company I have alot of stock in! You would be the first person out the door!

WHO the F*CK do you think you are?! I see you’re the same ^sshole that posts all over and accuses wonen of being lazy and never leaving home. Let me clue you in: does 35-40,000 miles yearly count for anything? And so many miles on an airline I have “status?” Obviously you’ve never carried a bag. You don’t know sh*t.

Time to cash in your worthless shares, loser, get a life and get off CP.

-a “Gal”
Only 35-40,000 miles yearly?...I put nearly 65k on my car last year.

A lot of driving and flying around. Did you do any work that makes a difference? Doesn't sound like it.
I got news for you... If you sell/sold Restasis, Lumigan, Combigan, or Alphagan, NONE of your calls actually mattered..These are drugs that are over 15 years old! Every doctor has heard every message about everyone of these drugs, and they have either already bought in, and are RXing them, or they're not!
Do you think a MD who spent 4 years in medical school learning about the anatomy, and disease states of the eye, and whose entire life revolves around treating human eyes is going to really change his/her prescribing habits based an overly rehearsed detail presentation full of company sponsored clinical data delivered by some glib sales rep with a Bachelors degree in Liberal Arts?
And as far as Restasis is concerned, its nothing more than a freaking artificial tear with cyclosporine in it for treating freaking dry eye, and if the doc doesn't give a shit about treating dry eye, you damn sure aren't going to change his/her mind by spewing "190% Goblet cell density increases!", or "Multifactorial approach by working on multiple pathway" garbage messaging, and if they are RXing Restasis, it's because, A.) they already were committed to treating dry eye long before your cocky ass started calling on his/her office, and B.) managed care in your territory is "Restasis Friendly".
The fact is NONE us are as valuable/needed/important as we think/thought we are/were, and the docs you think you have a great relationship with also have great relationships with the Alcon, B&L, and Shire reps, too...

The next shoe to drop is the selling off of certain divisions. GI will be the first and maybe the only one to go. The ball is moving quick on this. Pay attention to certain changes in each area. This will give you a clue which one it is.

Customers prescribe Restasis for ME. They could care less about Allergan. This is a huge mistake.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That level of arrogance is hysterical!! Your docs prescribe Restasis because they are committed to treating Dry eye, and managed care in your territory allows them to, and chances are they were prescribing it long before your delusional ass came prancing along..

The next shoe to drop is the selling off of certain divisions. GI will be the first and maybe the only one to go. The ball is moving quick on this. Pay attention to certain changes in each area. This will give you a clue which one it is.
Can we get you to say this in English? Your paragraph is nonsensical. Try again.

Sad that most standard grade sales reps have a bullshit degree in English, criminal justice, or sports science . Dimmer than dim and think everyone owes them. Tough road ahead snowflakes. Call home and cry. Damn I wish Hillary was president.

I got news for you... If you sell/sold Restasis, Lumigan, Combigan, or Alphagan, NONE of your calls actually mattered..These are drugs that are over 15 years old! Every doctor has heard every message about everyone of these drugs, and they have either already bought in, and are RXing them, or they're not!
Do you think a MD who spent 4 years in medical school learning about the anatomy, and disease states of the eye, and whose entire life revolves around treating human eyes is going to really change his/her prescribing habits based an overly rehearsed detail presentation full of company sponsored clinical data delivered by some glib sales rep with a Bachelors degree in Liberal Arts?
And as far as Restasis is concerned, its nothing more than a freaking artificial tear with cyclosporine in it for treating freaking dry eye, and if the doc doesn't give a shit about treating dry eye, you damn sure aren't going to change his/her mind by spewing "190% Goblet cell density increases!", or "Multifactorial approach by working on multiple pathway" garbage messaging, and if they are RXing Restasis, it's because, A.) they already were committed to treating dry eye long before your cocky ass started calling on his/her office, and B.) managed care in your territory is "Restasis Friendly".
The fact is NONE us are as valuable/needed/important as we think/thought we are/were, and the docs you think you have a great relationship with also have great relationships with the Alcon, B&L, and Shire reps, too...

Exactly! The people that call the shots in sales must be the biggest dipshits in the world. 3-4 reps calling on a doc, spewing the same bullshit he’s heard over and over again only pisses the docs off. What’s wrong with this model? 1 Rep, 1 territory and that’s it! Overkill otherwise!

Generic drugmaker Mylan, which says it's working with FDA to develop a generic version of Restasis, noted in a call for the petition to be denied: "Allergan' s latest CP is part of a serial Citizen Petition campaign, which began in 2014, to prevent generic competition to its blockbuster drug Restasis, for which Allergan has already enjoyed 15 years of exclusivity and collects revenues of nearly $1.8 billion annually."

In October, the US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas ruled that patents covering Restasis were invalid and concerns were raised over Allergan's decision to try to sell Restasis patents to a Native American tribe to block generics.

Although the attempt to block generics via a sale of patents to the tribe was novel, attempting to use the citizen petition process to block generics is not. FDA in 2016 reiterated concerns that many petitions do not raise valid scientific issues and usually only attempt to delay the approval of competitors. Allergan has considerable work to do to overcome the deviant behavior that has plagued the management wing since the CIA agreement entered with the FDA regarding Botox off-label promotion.